STAR TREK 2d20
Page 77 of 105 First ... 2767757677787987 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    All of my spells are casting at max level. I reparsed the spells, tried the spells from different sources. I even turned off the other extensions, then I tried to just use b9 cor and b9 advanced spell damage.
    What can I do?
    Thanks!

Side note: I cannot get Spell Tokens to work for me at all. (Pretty sure this is a me problem, but it is frustrating)
    Could you post more info about the spell damage on its actual forum ? Advanced Spell Damage

As for getting spell tokens to work, can you make sure you a up to date with the extensions and fgu as I made some updates over the weekend from the fgu 4.3.3 update.

Could you give me further info on what about spell tokens you can not get working ? ( ie are you using a set of spell tokens like 'Gareth Jensens' set and the top of thread linked 'B9_SpellTokens.xml' file, or are you trying to configure your own graphics in the system ??? )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

EDIT: I went back and just re-downloaded everything for Spell Tokens from DMsGuild instead. So far, I can get it to work, but I will continue testing and see if I can find the conflicts.
    Thanks!

I may have solved the Spell Damage thing. I shut off all of my extensions and started over. It was a conflict somewhere, still trying to find it.

SPELL TOKENS is not even showing up in my inventory on the forge now. I deleted it out of my extension folder (think that was the old one from DMsGuild, but now I cannot get it to load from teh Forge. Is it still there? The only way I find it is by checking your products page.
    Last edited by razzed1; February 26th, 2023 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    EDIT: I went back and just re-downloaded everything for Spell Tokens from DMsGuild instead. So far, I can get it to work, but I will continue testing and see if I can find the conflicts.
    Thanks!

I may have solved the Spell Damage thing. I shut off all of my extensions and started over. It was a conflict somewhere, still trying to find it.

SPELL TOKENS is not even showing up in my inventory on the forge now. I deleted it out of my extension folder (think that was the old one from DMsGuild, but now I cannot get it to load from teh Forge. Is it still there? The only way I find it is by checking your products page.
    Its is still on the forge, try going to your account 'inventory' and finding it in the list... Try using the 'hide' button to hide it, and then un-hide it back... I know some people have lost and re-found extensions like this.

You can clean it out from your extensions folder, the forge version downloads into the vault so will not show up in your files list.. but should in your game extension selection.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v7.7 release to bring the other ruleset 4/3.5/2/pf/pf2/sf back to functions after the fgu 4.3.3 ruleset update.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Hi does this extension work with the Rob2e extensions for spell effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Naplam View Post
    Hi does this extension work with the Rob2e extensions for spell effects?

EDIT: Sorry just noticed this is in the spell tokens thread, I thought you were asking about rob2e spell effects modules that has pre-defined spell data.... Does he now has some form of on map spell effect extension ? ( If so what is it called ??? )

OLD: ( Possible wrong context message... but might be the answer you were after.. )

In the past when it was a module, and before the SW forced the modules to swap the text description for a link, it would. It now tries to resolve the link, if you player has the required source module and it can find the link it copies in the description. See,

resolveLink.JPG

( I made a copy of the fireball spell and deleted the description and replaced it with a link to the original spell... you can see that with the players handbook loaded it resolved the link back to its text description and adds the extra damage for casting at higher levels... but if the module is not loaded it can not resolve the text and hence has no text to parse for the 'at higher level' section of that text. )

If rob2e now has an actual extension and you are not just referring to his module, then I dont know.. Can you provide a link on forge/dmsguild and I can probably have a look and see if it conflicts or not.

But since I dont have the extension or any of his data, its going to be hard for me to test this.

So I can not provide a yes or no answer.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; March 1st, 2023 at 16:58.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Different Spell Token Extensions

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    EDIT: Sorry just noticed this is in the spell tokens thread, I thought you were asking about rob2e spell effects modules that has pre-defined spell data.... Does he now has some form of on map spell effect extension ? ( If so what is it called ??? )

OLD: ( Possible wrong context message... but might be the answer you were after.. )

In the past when it was a module, and before the SW forced the modules to swap the text description for a link, it would. It now tries to resolve the link, if you player has the required source module and it can find the link it copies in the description. See,

resolveLink.JPG

( I made a copy of the fireball spell and deleted the description and replaced it with a link to the original spell... you can see that with the players handbook loaded it resolved the link back to its text description and adds the extra damage for casting at higher levels... but if the module is not loaded it can not resolve the text and hence has no text to parse for the 'at higher level' section of that text. )

If rob2e now has an actual extension and you are not just referring to his module, then I dont know.. Can you provide a link on forge/dmsguild and I can probably have a look and see if it conflicts or not.

But since I dont have the extension or any of his data, its going to be hard for me to test this.

So I can not provide a yes or no answer.

-pete

I believe Naplam is referring to DM_Tools which works with CAE. I started off using that one, so I have used both of the "Spell Token Extensions." I turned off DM_Tools once I started using B9's system. They involve completely different functionality and pull different constructs onto the PC Actions tab. Certainly, you can use the spell "tokens" themselves from anywhere, and they can be pulled into B9's Spell Token list without any issues. The B9 Spell Token Ext. is bulletproof and easy to use. (Of course, make sure to grab the Spell _Token_21.mod, as it has all the great supporting Tokens.) I also got the Spiritual Weapons Tokens, which has a bunch of great tokens that you can use in a variety of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    I believe Naplam is referring to DM_Tools which works with CAE. I started off using that one, so I have used both of the "Spell Token Extensions." I turned off DM_Tools once I started using B9's system. They involve completely different functionality and pull different constructs onto the PC Actions tab. Certainly, you can use the spell "tokens" themselves from anywhere, and they can be pulled into B9's Spell Token list without any issues. The B9 Spell Token Ext. is bulletproof and easy to use. (Of course, make sure to grab the Spell _Token_21.mod, as it has all the great supporting Tokens.) I also got the Spiritual Weapons Tokens, which has a bunch of great tokens that you can use in a variety of ways.
    Can you link the Spiritual Weapons Tokens so I can take a look... and I can maybe make a xml file for config. ( Or you can export your settings from spell tokens and I can clip them out and drop them at the top of the thread ? )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Can you link the Spiritual Weapons Tokens so I can take a look... and I can maybe make a xml file for config. ( Or you can export your settings from spell tokens and I can clip them out and drop them at the top of the thread ? )

-pete
    Sure. Happy to help. I'll try to get to that later on.

(I could send you my spell token settings, but I have ended up making a bunch of my own spell tokens, even for things that aren't "spells" just because I love the options your Extension offers: I have a really cool Barbarian Eagle Rage for the Barbarian in my party. lol)

Here is the link to the additional fun spiritual weapons tokens.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/323...-Weapon-Tokens
    Last edited by Gawain the Great; March 1st, 2023 at 23:52.

Bought this extension today and I love it. I'm having one small problem. Whenever I drag a line template from the character sheet or the configuration window onto the map, I can only rotate it about 45 degrees and then it stops. No amount of holding shift and scrolling will rotate it further. Worse, I can't move it after that. It's like it gets locked. Rotate left and rotate right token functions aren't working from the radial menu, either.

This is ONLY on lines like lightning bolt, wall of thorns, etc.

Thread Information