STAR TREK 2d20
Page 73 of 105 First ... 2363717273747583 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Updated load order to 115 to move Spell Tokens to load after Equipped Effects to resolve a conflict causing spell tokens to not show up on the CT.

-pete
    It was updated to 116 just wanted to note that it was 110, B9 is updated to 116.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It was updated to 116 just wanted to note that it was 110, B9 is updated to 116.
    Yep its now 116, I've edited my original update post for this mistake.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hi guys, any suggestion on how to handle this issue?

[1/13/2023 9:39:18 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "B9_SpellTokens:scripts/tokenspell_B9ST.lua"]:152: attempt to index local 'nPath' (a nil value)

I have two campaigns with same extensions. One is reporting this error each time I move a token (whatever it is) from CT to a different position on the map. If I add the token from CT on the map for the first time instead, that won't happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan0 View Post
    Hi guys, any suggestion on how to handle this issue?

[1/13/2023 9:39:18 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "B9_SpellTokens:scripts/tokenspell_B9ST.lua"]:152: attempt to index local 'nPath' (a nil value)

I have two campaigns with same extensions. One is reporting this error each time I move a token (whatever it is) from CT to a different position on the map. If I add the token from CT on the map for the first time instead, that won't happens.
    EDIT: Could you confirm when you say token you are talking a spell token and not a npc/player token... I try and always assume 'token' will be a npc/player token and 'spell token' for the spell tokens as it directs down different source code paths to look at..

I'm going to need more information on just what you are doing to cause this... At line 152 of that file is in the 'DeleteSpellToken' function, but you seem to be saying you get this when you add at spell token to a map ?

You might have a 'lost' token on a map that its trying to clean up, but it should only be doing that when FG thinks it needs to delete a token... this can happen when you 'remove one/all' tokens, or if you drag it from a map to another map...

Is it possible for you to zip up your campaign and post it on the forum. ( If you dont want to public share it this is fine, or if you can host it on say your google drive and DM me the link to that file etc.. )

If possible could you backup your campaign and try it with just the spell tokens extension, just in case its a conflict with a different extension. ( Since you dont give any detailed information. )

If you could attach some screen shots, say with /console open, the CT and the Map image with some words like, dragged 'web' from CT spider onto map when I let go on the map it generated the error... or when I start dragging the spell token off the CT it gives the error... so I can see if its drag start or drag end points to try and trace etc.

Some information as to 5e or PF2 etc... it does not sound like a game specific from the file you list.

If you are happy to open your campaign in a text editor, like notepad, you could look in the section.. <spelltokenlist> see the quote below you can see I've added a 'Web' Spell from 2 different CT giant spiders onto a battle map. The line error at 152 is looking for the 'map' 'name', eq '<name type="string">image.id-00008.image@FG Battle Maps</name>', so I expect you have a block at this level that has no 'name' for a map and hence when its trying to match up a 'delete token' from a 'map' into the tracking 'spelltokenlist' for that map it just can not find it, as it does not exist.

If you could grab this section out of the db.xml of the campaign file, and post that I can take a look at it.

But my best advise would be to just delete this section from the db.xml, and it should clear off the error. You will have some 'spell tokens' on maps that you might have to delete by hand.

But to me it looks like an out of sync issue in this data.

(Sorry if this is too technical for you... otherwise I can look into your db.xml file if you post it for me to look at... and then I can probably advise you to just delete that section. )

-pete

<spelltokenlist>
    <public />
    <id-00001>
    <public />
    <id-00001>
    <public />
    <id type="string">2</id>
    <name type="string">Giant Spider</name>
    <nodename type="string">combattracker.list.id-00007</nodename>
    <spellname type="string">Web</spellname>
    </id-00001>
    <id-00002>
    <public />
    <id type="string">4</id>
    <name type="string">Giant Spider 2</name>
    <nodename type="string">combattracker.list.id-00001</nodename>
    <spellname type="string">Web</spellname>
    </id-00002>
    <name type="string">image.id-00008.image@FG Battle Maps</name>
    </id-00001>
    </spelltokenlist>
    Last edited by bratch9; January 13th, 2023 at 22:13.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Sorry, I think I've been a little bit unprecise. For token, I meant a PC/NPC token, not a spell token.
    So, when I drag a PC or a NPC whos token is already on the map from CT to another part of the map I suddenly get that line error in the log.

However, I solved deleting the section you suggested. Fun fact is that there wasn't a line referring to any know token to me in that section, just reference to some "death indicators" tokens which I never used :-)

Thanks for the support!

Sorry, I think I've been a little bit unprecise. For token, I meant a PC/NPC token, not a spell token.
    So, when I drag a PC or a NPC whos token is already on the map from CT to another part of the map I suddenly get that line error in the log.

However, I solved deleting the section you suggested. Fun fact is that there wasn't a line referring to any know token to me in that section, just reference to some "death indicators" tokens which I never used :-)

Thanks for the support!
    Any change you could post the section with the death indicators into the thread. As that looks like maybe a bug, or some other extension adding into my extensions data and not filling it out properly. ( Or just some giant FG db bug we will never replicate/find !! )

I've added some extra logic to detect when the map 'name' section is null and protected the code, so any token in a block like that will just get skipped now making them orphaned.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Any change you could post the section with the death indicators into the thread. As that looks like maybe a bug, or some other extension adding into my extensions data and not filling it out properly. ( Or just some giant FG db bug we will never replicate/find !! )
    I'm attaching the code portion I deleted. Hope can help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm attaching the code portion I deleted. Hope can help!
    I'll try and track that down, because it looks like when the extension adding those is changing the locations of the storage I expect... which is fine until you turn off that extension and then my extension goes back to its default locations for searching... this then will start causing this error... My guess is its one of the death indicator extensions, do you know which one you use as I think a couple exist ?

thanks,
    pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v7.2 has been released. This adds extra protection for missing 'name' block sections and also removed these blocks from the list to tidy up.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I was using spell tokens tonight and got this error message whenever I added tokens from the CT to a map.B9 error.png

Thread Information