DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 65 of 104 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    v6.8 updated to reflect the 'units' space adjustment in the image.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hi,

it is possible to have all of the token from spell token 2.1 from DM guild alreay setup?
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...pell-Tokens-21

regards

Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Hi,

it is possible to have all of the token from spell token 2.1 from DM guild alreay setup?
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...pell-Tokens-21

regards
    At the start of this thread is a download 'B9_SpellTokens.xml' which can be imported with the 'blue' button on the spell configuration window. This should configure for the dmsguild pack you are asking about.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 24th, 2022 at 18:03.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Perfect! and thanks for your quick reply!

Okay I'll admit that I'm a bit of an idiot with some stuff, but I'm totally lost here. I gather that the purpose of this add-on is to add an animation of a token to trigger when a spell is used right? Well I'm just not getting it to work. I'm using a set of custom spell tokens from a artist I support on patreon. I've got them located in my campaign tokens folder. I've been able to create an entry in the Spell Token Configuration field titled "Black Dragonborn Breath Weapon" using the most appropriate token from my folder for the effect. I reparse the spell actions holding down the shift key and I see the entry for the ability in the character sheet actions tab now has a little icon beside it. So now when I use it I don't see any sort of token effect. I've dragged the save and damage rolls onto both the NPC entry in the combat tracker and the token for the NPC on the encounter map and nothing. I've tried dragging the token from the character sheet on to the battle map and the whole thing covers the entire map. As I said I've got no idea what I need to do to get this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezzer View Post
    Okay I'll admit that I'm a bit of an idiot with some stuff, but I'm totally lost here. I gather that the purpose of this add-on is to add an animation of a token to trigger when a spell is used right? Well I'm just not getting it to work. I'm using a set of custom spell tokens from a artist I support on patreon. I've got them located in my campaign tokens folder. I've been able to create an entry in the Spell Token Configuration field titled "Black Dragonborn Breath Weapon" using the most appropriate token from my folder for the effect. I reparse the spell actions holding down the shift key and I see the entry for the ability in the character sheet actions tab now has a little icon beside it. So now when I use it I don't see any sort of token effect. I've dragged the save and damage rolls onto both the NPC entry in the combat tracker and the token for the NPC on the encounter map and nothing. I've tried dragging the token from the character sheet on to the battle map and the whole thing covers the entire map. As I said I've got no idea what I need to do to get this to work.
    First, welcome always happy to help.

So the first thing to clear up, since you have got probably further than most do with custom graphics effect token, is the issue with the configured size. If you open up the spell configuration window, and use the icon or image and drag that only any image map it will translate the graphics resolution via a 'size per 5 feet' into the map size. So if you have a graphic that is 100x100 pixels, and you want this to cover 2x2 squares, ie a 10 foot x 10 foot space.. then you set the 'pixels per 5 units' to 50. ( Note in ruleset 4e that uses 1 unit per square the factor of 5* is taken into account, so you might be miss-mapping for that ruleset. Its simple to process for all the rulesets that tend to use 5 feet squares. The other thing might be that your map is using a different square to space size, as this also adjusts the scale factors. ) if you drag the token onto a map and it ends up been 10x10 squares on the grid and you wanted it to be 5x5 squares then you need to double the 'pixels per 5 units'

See,

alarm.PNG

This uses a 280x280 pixel main graphic ( the small icon is not configured hence the blank token space. ) because the alarm is a 20 foot x 20 foot effect, this covers 4x4 on the typical image grid. So requires 280/4 = 70 pixels per 5 unit on the image map.

Second, it sounds like you have much of the rest as I'd expect. It seems that your player and NPC are seeing this image on the character sheet for the spell and/or on the NPC. You are correct that you have to drag this image onto the image map and it should draw it as a token. ( You say its too big, hence the above to help you correct the size. )

Third, expectations... The system does not 'automate' spells, it only places a token onto the map to show the location the player/npc is using causing the effect. You still need to use the character sheet spell effect buttons/npc spell line to process the spell. For the spells to process you have to 'target' as normal in FG. What the spell tokens extension also adds, is a 'right click' radial menu on the spell token you placed on the map to allow targeting of players(green)/foe(red) person icon like on the CT bottom middle icons. This can set the player that cast the spell/placed the tokens targets ready for you to process the spell off the character sheet/npc CT lines.

Hope this helps you get further and understand the limits of the extension. ( Automated spells need a lot of context for anything but the simplest spells, and automating the simplest spells has no reason as they are so simple.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gezzer View Post
    First, welcome always happy to help.

So the first thing to clear up, since you have got probably further than most do with custom graphics effect token, is the issue with the configured size. If you open up the spell configuration window, and use the icon or image and drag that only any image map it will translate the graphics resolution via a 'size per 5 feet' into the map size. So if you have a graphic that is 100x100 pixels, and you want this to cover 2x2 squares, ie a 10 foot x 10 foot space.. then you set the 'pixels per 5 units' to 50. ( Note in ruleset 4e that uses 1 unit per square the factor of 5* is taken into account, so you might be miss-mapping for that ruleset. Its simple to process for all the rulesets that tend to use 5 feet squares. The other thing might be that your map is using a different square to space size, as this also adjusts the scale factors. ) if you drag the token onto a map and it ends up been 10x10 squares on the grid and you wanted it to be 5x5 squares then you need to double the 'pixels per 5 units'

See,

alarm.PNG

This uses a 280x280 pixel main graphic ( the small icon is not configured hence the blank token space. ) because the alarm is a 20 foot x 20 foot effect, this covers 4x4 on the typical image grid. So requires 280/4 = 70 pixels per 5 unit on the image map.

Second, it sounds like you have much of the rest as I'd expect. It seems that your player and NPC are seeing this image on the character sheet for the spell and/or on the NPC. You are correct that you have to drag this image onto the image map and it should draw it as a token. ( You say its too big, hence the above to help you correct the size. )

Third, expectations... The system does not 'automate' spells, it only places a token onto the map to show the location the player/npc is using causing the effect. You still need to use the character sheet spell effect buttons/npc spell line to process the spell. For the spells to process you have to 'target' as normal in FG. What the spell tokens extension also adds, is a 'right click' radial menu on the spell token you placed on the map to allow targeting of players(green)/foe(red) person icon like on the CT bottom middle icons. This can set the player that cast the spell/placed the tokens targets ready for you to process the spell off the character sheet/npc CT lines.

Hope this helps you get further and understand the limits of the extension. ( Automated spells need a lot of context for anything but the simplest spells, and automating the simplest spells has no reason as they are so simple.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Ruleset 4e
    Extensions: Spell Tokens, Critically Awesome Essentials Generic Token Swapper FGU, Aura Effects.

I get this error when shape changing to a new token image and then entering a square that adds an aura effect.

[7/7/2022 6:13:00 PM] s'newAddEffect('', '', 'Dashinka', 'Shifted; SName: Panther; SSize: M', true, 'nil')'
    [7/7/2022 6:13:04 PM] s'newAddEffect('', '', 'Dashinka', 'FROMAURA; Infectious Wrath; IF: Bloodied; ATK: 1', false, 'nil')'
    [7/7/2022 6:13:04 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:752: attempt to index local 'target' (a userdata value)

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Ruleset 4e
    Extensions: Spell Tokens, Critically Awesome Essentials Generic Token Swapper FGU, Aura Effects.

I get this error when shape changing to a new token image and then entering a square that adds an aura effect.

[7/7/2022 6:13:00 PM] s'newAddEffect('', '', 'Dashinka', 'Shifted; SName: Panther; SSize: M', true, 'nil')'
    [7/7/2022 6:13:04 PM] s'newAddEffect('', '', 'Dashinka', 'FROMAURA; Infectious Wrath; IF: Bloodied; ATK: 1', false, 'nil')'
    [7/7/2022 6:13:04 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:752: attempt to index local 'target' (a userdata value)
    Just taking a very quick look at this, ( code snip.. )

function onMove(target)
    if target.getContainerNode() ~= getDatabaseNode() then
    return;
    end
    The above is the code that checks what container (ie image) the target is on, when the 'onMove' callback runs. This suggests to me that something managed to cause a 'onMove' but did not provide a 'target' some how. This is an 'token' standard api override.

I dont have the 'token swapper FGU' extension, but auraEffects v0.4 is available on the forum. I can see the generic 'critically awesome essentials and one click druid' dmsguild if this the extension you are thinking about.. Or can you provide a link to the actual extension ?

Could you check to see if this can be replicated in a 5e ruleset with basic character and these extensions and FG battle map, and attach the campaign. ( I know you say 4e, but I have none of the 4e stuff as I understand its previous subscription only )

It looks like some extension interaction, with the token onMove and I'd expect all 3 extensions to grab that callback so it could just be an order of execution thing.

Any extra information would be nice, I'll try with spell token extension and aura as I have those and give it a test.. but it sounds like the token swapper interaction....

Did you have a spell token on the map for that character before doing a token swap to a creature/back to player, and then move around ? ( Just thinking if it happened during a delete/swap interaction and its some database sync issue between clients/servers. )

Also was the error on the client that did the swap, or is this a host error when a client swapped etc ?

Thanks,
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just taking a very quick look at this, ( code snip.. )

The above is the code that checks what container (ie image) the target is on, when the 'onMove' callback runs. This suggests to me that something managed to cause a 'onMove' but did not provide a 'target' some how. This is an 'token' standard api override.

I dont have the 'token swapper FGU' extension, but auraEffects v0.4 is available on the forum. I can see the generic 'critically awesome essentials and one click druid' dmsguild if this the extension you are thinking about.. Or can you provide a link to the actual extension ?

Could you check to see if this can be replicated in a 5e ruleset with basic character and these extensions and FG battle map, and attach the campaign. ( I know you say 4e, but I have none of the 4e stuff as I understand its previous subscription only )

It looks like some extension interaction, with the token onMove and I'd expect all 3 extensions to grab that callback so it could just be an order of execution thing.

Any extra information would be nice, I'll try with spell token extension and aura as I have those and give it a test.. but it sounds like the token swapper interaction....

Did you have a spell token on the map for that character before doing a token swap to a creature/back to player, and then move around ? ( Just thinking if it happened during a delete/swap interaction and its some database sync issue between clients/servers. )

Also was the error on the client that did the swap, or is this a host error when a client swapped etc ?

Thanks,
    -pete
    Hi, the error only happens after the token is swapped (I only tested on the Host). For example, a druid shape changing to a bear. If no token swap, then no error.

"critically awesome essentials and one click druid" has the generic token swapper. Might be better to test on Pathfinder for example because they have a specific extension for 5e. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261...antasy-Grounds

I did not have a spell token on the map.

I will do more testing on this today with other rule set. I'm sure its something with the generic token swapper but this error was not happening some builds ago and the token swapper has not been updated in a long time.

Thread Information