FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 61 of 105 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I tried it with a client connected and was able to add a spell with its spell token on the player sheet as a player and then add it to the map. Is this only happening when a true player is connected or any client like in my case?
    Either me connecting to myself as a player, or someone else connecting. Both are not able to drag a spell from the spell list onto the PC sheet and have it have the spell token on the PC sheet.
    If they reparse, it doesn't add the token either.

If I do it as a GM, or reparse as a GM it works.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Either me connecting to myself as a player, or someone else connecting. Both are not able to drag a spell from the spell list onto the PC sheet and have it have the spell token on the PC sheet.
    If they reparse, it doesn't add the token either.

If I do it as a GM, or reparse as a GM it works.
    Strange. It works for both me as GM and client. Do you use the Forge or DMsguild?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Strange. It works for both me as GM and client. Do you use the Forge or DMsguild?
    DMsG

You on discord so we can talk in real time faster?

DMsG

You on discord so we can talk in real time faster?
    Sure thing. I will message you.

So we confirmed that the player side with no other exts on my table is not working DM side is.

Nephranka is not seeing this on HIS table, but connecting to mine it is not working correctly.

I do have the DMsG ext version and Nephranka is using the FORGE version. However, I tested my friends table who uses DMsG and it's working. Im going to check for more info on new campaigns and removing xml and stuff.

ok tracked down what the issue is (mostly)

It has something to do with my DB.xml

I can remake a new campaign and it works. I can delete my db.xml in the other campaign and it works.

You think you can help me track down what in my db.xml is causing this issue where players are not able to use it to add spell tokens/target with spells tokens?

I've tried deleting all the spell tokens from the spell token list, and using the spell token xml again in my current db.xml, that didn't fix it either.

@B9

So I fixed it by editing my db.xml file

This is what I removed. Which also caused me to bring in a new xml for spell tokens. I'm not sure if this was a conflict with the old ext I ran before, or CAE ext or what. But this fixed it once I deleted these lines from the db.xml.

As we all know editing the db file is not great thing to do lightly, so I'm not suggesting anyone take this on, however, once I knew it was limited down to just this one campaign. I knew this was my only option.

Here is a screenshot of the edit I made. This is mostly here for other people if they run into this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like I said earlier I have zero Idea what the technical stuff you smart people are talking about is but I did get it through the Forge.

@B9

So I fixed it by editing my db.xml file

This is what I removed. Which also caused me to bring in a new xml for spell tokens. I'm not sure if this was a conflict with the old ext I ran before, or CAE ext or what. But this fixed it once I deleted these lines from the db.xml.

As we all know editing the db file is not great thing to do lightly, so I'm not suggesting anyone take this on, however, once I knew it was limited down to just this one campaign. I knew this was my only option.

Here is a screenshot of the edit I made. This is mostly here for other people if they run into this problem.
    This looks like old data was in your db.xml file and was causing a conflict of information. Removing them allowed the correct data to be re-added to the db.xml

I'll add a todo to add a 'nuke' button on the configuration file to 'clean' out all the sections.

( Not sure on the '<spell>' group, I thought that was a normal group when you duplicate/add a new spell... I'll take a look as I dont want to delete real player data !! )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick147 View Post
    This is pretty much the same issue I am having. I have had to discontinue use of the extension unfortunately I am not computer savvy like most people on the site which was why I wanted to know if there was a video tutorial so a numbnut like me might figure it out.
    Its not hard to setup, but if you previously had a version in the campagin and stopped using it for a long time and then came back, you probably have corrupted data. ( Most of the time If I change the format I 'upgrade' the data as best I can, but only the previous version.. so if you skip a chunk of versions it does not work very well to upgrade.. )

Can you confirm if you had previously used an old version of the extension and are now looking to use a new version ?

Or if you are new and can not figure out how to get things working, it would be best to post a couple of screen shots. ( As you have only basically said can not get it working, which is not much help to figure out the issue. )

If you could post some screen shots of the 'spell configuration' window on your DM side, and a shot of a character sheet that is not showing a spell token when it should.. The I/we can probably help you get the setup correct. Lots of people end up with an odd letter mismatch in the spell name to the spell token configurations.

But the first step is always to check the spell configuration file, list the ruleset, and if you have tested on a clean campaign with just this extension. ( So we can rule out extension conflicts.. )

Once the spell configuration is working, looking at the character sheet to see if a spell token is showing up or not, normally fall into a name-mismatch with the configuration.

Until you can see the token on a character sheet the players have nothing to 'drag' to the map image and hence nothing to target with.

So if you can please post some images of the stage you are at.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thread Information