STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 104 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    Tested: it doesn't work when the map is maximized. the other way it works fine, even in my campaign full of extentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Tested: it doesn't work when the map is maximized. the other way it works fine, even in my campaign full of extentions.
    nice, I've got a fix for maximized and also pushed to desktop ( double maximized... )

just got to fix up a Starfinder rule set issue, due to a code change in the rule set.

should have an update later tonight.

v2.6 is updated with support for maximized images when you drag on the token.

Give it a go, without the show debug enabled, and see if its working in all the cases you were having issues with. In both/all your campaigns with all extensions..

Let me know if its working, and if you find any other issues it fails to work in.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    v2.6 is updated with support for maximized images when you drag on the token.

Give it a go, without the show debug enabled, and see if its working in all the cases you were having issues with. In both/all your campaigns with all extensions..

Let me know if its working, and if you find any other issues it fails to work in.

-pete
    Wow! Faster than light!

I let you know soon, thanks.

Wow! Faster than light!

I let you know soon, thanks.
    Now it works in all the situations.

Great job Pete!

I may be dumb, but I cannot seem to get this extension to work at all for me. I thought that possibly one of my other extensions was interfering with this one, but I tried a fresh campaign with 5e rules and I do not see a spot for the spell tokens to go. The extension is in the extensions folder, not sure if there were additional steps that needed to be taken from there.

Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by MTFOoB View Post
    I may be dumb, but I cannot seem to get this extension to work at all for me. I thought that possibly one of my other extensions was interfering with this one, but I tried a fresh campaign with 5e rules and I do not see a spot for the spell tokens to go. The extension is in the extensions folder, not sure if there were additional steps that needed to be taken from there.

Any insight?
    Hi,

No problems asking for help when things dont work....

1. the extension does not come with token graphics, so I assume you have some custom graphics for tokens or you are using a token pack ?
    2. the extension, if enabled, will show in the chat as loaded and give a version number. If this is not happening check the extensions enable for the campaign before you start etc.. ( But sounds like this is working for you. )
    3. if you have the 5e token pack from 'gareth jensen' you need to 'import' the 'SpellTokens.xml' that comes with the extension download. ( It might have a prefix number depending on how you downloaded it off dms guild. )
    4. to import, use 'assets' icon, normally bottom right menu bar, when this opens you should see a 'spell tokens' button on the top left of the assets page. Press this to get the 'spell tokens configuration' window. ( host only )
    5. if you have 'gareth' token pack you can use the 'import spell token xml' button on the bottom of the 'spell tokens configuration' page and point the folder/file popup to the location of the 'spelltokens.xml'
    6. if you have your own custom graphics, then in the 'spell token configuration' page you can 'right click' to show the radial menu and on the 'south' selection should be 'add', which will add a new line. You need set up the name you want and the resolution per 5 feet and drag a token from the 'assets' page ( selected to you token so you can see it.. ) and drag that token into the 'spell tokens configuration' page onto the blank 'circle' empty token space.
    7. (after 5 or 6 ), you should be seeing a list of 'spell tokens' in the 'spell token configuration' page.

you are now 'configured'...

on the character sheet, add a 'power' or a 'spell' with the name that is configured in the 'spell tokens configuration' page, and you should see the token show up on the character sheet to the right of the 'name'. If you 'added' a power, once you set the 'name' you will have to 'reparse' the spell on the right-click radial option, so the system can re-check the final power/spell name you picked....

if you drag on a 'spell' from the spell page for a configured token, it should show without the need to reparse. ( reparse only if you edit the name of the power/spell.. )

now you should have tokens on the character sheet...

once a character is on a 'map' host/dm, you should now be able to drag the token from the character sheet onto the map and it should place and resize as defined in the configuration.

I hope this helps you find the missing steps and sorts out your issue.

If you still have issue, please post a follow up with some images of a new campaign.. its good to try and show the 'chat' windows with the spell tokens version number and the ruleset version numbers, the spell token configuration window ( scroll to the same spell/power as the character sheet ), a character sheet on the actions tab with the spell/power configured as you expect and maybe a map. ( Depends on what stage you have issue etc.. )

Thanks, Pete

New Fantasy Grounds Unity release, with notes about token draw order....

So I'll try and do some test to see if this improves or not the token order or not on the map... Let hope it does, if not I'll have to have a look see if I can 'influence' it in some way !!

-pete

FGU release notes..

Version 4.0.7 (2021-01)
    Token widgets would sometimes draw out of order. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    New Fantasy Grounds Unity release, with notes about token draw order....

So I'll try and do some test to see if this improves or not the token order or not on the map... Let hope it does, if not I'll have to have a look see if I can 'influence' it in some way !!

-pete

FGU release notes..

Version 4.0.7 (2021-01)
    Token widgets would sometimes draw out of order. Fixed.
    So I had a look an FGU updates does not resolve the draw order of tokens on maps, it still seems that when you move a token it ends up bellow other tokens, which can cause issue for selection.

-pete

As was just emphasized in another thread: Proper stacking and convenient handling of spell tokens on maps is low priority for Fantasy Grounds (VTT + maps + tokens = low priority).

Seems like we have to live with that until better options come along.

Thread Information