STAR TREK 2d20
Page 58 of 105 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I've given a couple of my thoughts and options, do you have any idea how many angles you might need ? Any preference on how to control this, ie shift+ctrl+wheel for access to fine control, or just for line spell tokens etc..
    Personally, I would love a way to do 5 or 10 degree rotations for lines. I rarely find the line tokens usable right now, with only 45 deg rotations available. I don't generally rotate anything else, so it's not a big deal there in my opinion... although an extra modifier to do fine control would be a great happy medium!

B9, thanks for this EXT.

I wanted to report an error I had (a few 1000 times in a row).

This error in the attached image happened when I dropped a spell token on a PC token, it would lock to that token creating it to be stacked. I was trying all sorts of things to unlock it to no avail, so I deleted the spell token and anytime I moved the PC token it would call this error over and over.

Also as a request is it possible to set the vision on spell tokens to default to 0? So when someone who controls the token can't see from it's vision? I'm not sure how this would mess up playstyles but if it can't be set because of playstyle change, maybe an option to set it?

The issue I have for this is that if a player casts a spell 120' away they now can click on that token and see everything around it, which they shouldn't be able to see because their player is 120' away.

Also I seem to be having problems with my players not able to load the tokens when pulled on to their PC sheets but I as a GM can reparse it or drag the spell from the spells list onto the PC sheet and it would show the token.

Next question someone ask if you can target using the token, I know CAE does (or did this) but I'm not sure this does that. I've tried to read through all the pages here but its a lot and stuff is out of date because of FGC to FGU and changes over time to FGU.

P.S.
    I would love the option to hold a few keys and rotate it based on that by 1 degree then hold another few keys and it rotate by 5 degrees or whatever that option was.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    B9, thanks for this EXT.

This error in the attached image happened when I dropped a spell token on a PC token, it would lock to that token creating it to be stacked. I was trying all sorts of things to unlock it to no avail, so I deleted the spell token and anytime I moved the PC token it would call this error over and over.

Also as a request is it possible to set the vision on spell tokens to default to 0? So when someone who controls the token can't see from it's vision? I'm not sure how this would mess up playstyles but if it can't be set because of playstyle change, maybe an option to set it?

The issue I have for this is that if a player casts a spell 120' away they now can click on that token and see everything around it, which they shouldn't be able to see because their player is 120' away.

Also I seem to be having problems with my players not able to load the tokens when pulled on to their PC sheets but I as a GM can reparse it or drag the spell from the spells list onto the PC sheet and it would show the token.

Next question someone ask if you can target using the token, I know CAE does (or did this) but I'm not sure this does that. I've tried to read through all the pages here but its a lot and stuff is out of date because of FGC to FGU and changes over time to FGU.

P.S.
    I would love the option to hold a few keys and rotate it based on that by 1 degree then hold another few keys and it rotate by 5 degrees or whatever that option was.
    I'll look into the error message, not sure on the exact combination that creates this but a quick glance at the code I can see the possibility of this. Just need to make sure I cover a 'nil' case the system is not expecting. ( Not sure how you got the 'nil'... )

'vision', is linked to 'token party vision'.. Do you also have this enabled to get other players token vision ? ( Others have requested spell tokens get vision... so I suspect if I turn it off I'll get people asking for it back.. )

I dont think I've ever had issues with configured spell tokens not arriving on a player when they add the spell or reparse it, not sure why as the GM you can do this but not the player. I do know FG has some issues with shared tokens, so maybe something in a FG update has broken this again. I'll do some testing.

Spell token, you can right click the spell token and on the radial menu you have red/green target 'people' icons. ( Like the ones at the bottom of the combat tracker use to place groups on the map.. ) This can be used with 'shift' to target both types.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

'vision', is linked to 'token party vision'.. Do you also have this enabled to get other players token vision ? ( Others have requested spell tokens get vision... so I suspect if I turn it off I'll get people asking for it back.. )

I dont think I've ever had issues with configured spell tokens not arriving on a player when they add the spell or reparse it, not sure why as the GM you can do this but not the player. I do know FG has some issues with shared tokens, so maybe something in a FG update has broken this again. I'll do some testing.

Spell token, you can right click the spell token and on the radial menu you have red/green target 'people' icons. ( Like the ones at the bottom of the combat tracker use to place groups on the map.. ) This can be used with 'shift' to target both types.

-pete
    Ok, I can see this issue, currently though those people in a dark setting (no light sources) already the tokens wouldn't have vision so this could be a problem already for them (partly solved for me ).

I don't see the mod of the spell tokens when I load in as a GM or my players to load it, but it seems like that's how it's meant to be. I can see it in assets.

Ahh thanks, this is what I was missing.

Glad its working... I assume you had this value 5 times too big... making everything small... which it clamps to just 1 square as a min size.

Yep its number of pixels to cover one square... so if you use 50 'units per 5 feet', then a 5x5 spell token would require a spell token with 50x50 pixels.

If you are using g.jensen, then import the 'spell_tokens.xml' these have the sizes configures for you... and the pack uses 70 pixels per 5 units.

-pete
    Dear Pete,

Thank you so much for the information and your effort to answer in detail and provide additional help. Make your life a little bit easier and put together an FAQ for the forge, so you dont have to answer the same dumb questions over and over again. Great product with great support. Thanks!

B9, thanks for this EXT.

P.S.
    Just asking about the error report, just how were you trying to split the spell token from the player ? ( Normally I use the delete token radial on the spell token... )

Asking because I want to look at 'what caused' the 'nil', while I can protect against the error I want to solve the 'thing' you did you cause it. As the code making the nil error message should not be getting called with nil...

( But might if you did something like move the player off the map, or maybe re-add it from the combat tracker etc... with the old spell token still thinking it was attacked to the now delete old player token.. hence the nil... )

Just any extra information for me to re-create it and work out what path in the code was failing and generating the nil for the error code to fire...

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Ok, I can see this issue, currently though those people in a dark setting (no light sources) already the tokens wouldn't have vision so this could be a problem already for them (partly solved for me ).

I don't see the mod of the spell tokens when I load in as a GM or my players to load it, but it seems like that's how it's meant to be. I can see it in assets.

Ahh thanks, this is what I was missing.
    Due to the new sidebar, the spell tokens configuration window is now in the top part of the side bar with the 'modules'/'assets' drop down.

spelltoken.JPG

It does only show on the GM/DM side for the configuration window. If the players were allowed to configure the token share of FG would have kittens and break.. hence limited to configure and spell tokens been on the GM/DM machine only.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Just asking about the error report, just how were you trying to split the spell token from the player ? ( Normally I use the delete token radial on the spell token... )

Asking because I want to look at 'what caused' the 'nil', while I can protect against the error I want to solve the 'thing' you did you cause it. As the code making the nil error message should not be getting called with nil...

( But might if you did something like move the player off the map, or maybe re-add it from the combat tracker etc... with the old spell token still thinking it was attacked to the now delete old player token.. hence the nil... )

Just any extra information for me to re-create it and work out what path in the code was failing and generating the nil for the error code to fire...

-pete

Honestly I can't remember all the things I tried. I did repull the CT player onto the map (that had the token attached) so maybe that is it. I tried diff combos of keys like alt shift click, ctrl shift click, shift alt ctrl click, then did double clicks, use scroll wheel combos. I changed factions. Changed visibility of the tokens and the players. Reset fog.

Due to the new sidebar, the spell tokens configuration window is now in the top part of the side bar with the 'modules'/'assets' drop down.

spelltoken.JPG

It does only show on the GM/DM side for the configuration window. If the players were allowed to configure the token share of FG would have kittens and break.. hence limited to configure and spell tokens been on the GM/DM machine only.

-pete

So yeah I'm saying when I look into mod activation, I don't see the mod to activate, nor do my players. I get that the GM/DM side should be the only one editing the profiles of the spell tokens. I've even updated them all for me to have lighting effects. (Little wary to add darkness to any of them though)

I just wasn't sure how it was meant to happen. Like I said currently when my players load into the game and drag spells from the spell list onto PC sheet, it doesn't give them the spell token, when I do it (as DM), it does, also if I reparse it, it does.

Thanks so much for your time. In any case I can work around this.

Ruleset 4E

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:656: attempt to index local 'target' (a userdata value)

Error shown on Host when client swaps their token using this extension: Critically_Awesome_Essentials_-_Generic_Token_Swapper_FGU.ext\

A player is a Druid. I have an effect set up so that with a click of a button on the client side, the token will swap between an elf token and puma token. When this switch happens, the error above pops up on the Host with every token swap.

FORGE ONLY release of the v6.65, this has the 'high' count rotation support for spell tokens. This is done with 'shift+ctrl' and wheel, on a square grid you should get 5 degree ticks.

I've done this as a forge only, and will look at the couple of 'MrDDT' and 'kevininrussia' error reports early next week and once these are fixed release a forge and dmsguild update.

If you get chance to try out the high count rotation, let me know if you have any issues. ( Its got a number of edge cases, I've tried to get most but could be missing a few... hence forge only for this new feature release. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information