DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 54 of 105 First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last
    How to create tokens for custom spells?

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    How to create tokens for custom spells?
    To make a custom token you need to,

1. make/find a suitable graphic for the spell.
    2. add this to the 'install' location of FGU, in the 'tokens' sub folder.
    3. then you need to check in game that you can see that token in game. It should be in the 'assets' tab under 'tokens' probably in a folder called 'data'. ( or campaign, if you put the graphic in a campaign specific 'tokens' folder.. )
    4. when you are happy the game can see your graphic, open the 'spells token configuration' window. Right click in some space should give the 'radial' button for FGU and at the south position you should have 'add item'.
    5. use the radial control to add a new item. Give this the name of your spell, so it matches up with the character sheet or source module name for the spell.
    6. once you have a this new line, drag the spell graphic from the 'assets','tokens' ( probably 'data' ) folder onto the spell configuration window graphic space on the right end of the new line you made.
    7. next configure the 'size per 5 units'. If you have a 200pixel x 200 pixel spell token and want that to cover a 20ftx20ft space. This is a 4x4 grid selection. You set the 'size per 5 units' to 200/4=50.
    8. you can now 'reparse' the spell on the character sheet, you might want to hold 'shift' when you do this to just update the spell token on the character sheet.
    9. check this is now working and showing the correct size on a map. If its too big you need to increase the 'size per 5 units' and if its too small you need to reduce it. ( And then drag a new test spell token onto a map... until you are happy. )

Most spell tokens are normally 50 ( or 70 or 100) pixels per 5 foot. But could be anything if you have drawn it. But if you have the artwork and can look at its resolution and you know how big the spell covers, convert that into the grid box size and take the resolution and divide by the number of grid squares. ( These in 5e are the typical 'pixels per 5 unit' that are used. If you are in 4e then assume the setup as for 5e as the system automatically scales the sizes by '5' due to 4e ruleset counting in grid squares instead of feet. )

Hope this help,
    -pete

( If you still have issue, consider posting some images of the stages you are at, and I can advise further. )
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Worked like a charm - Thanks!!
    Last edited by arcanjl; December 5th, 2021 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Worked like a charm - Thanks!!
    You are welcome.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Have you seen the changes in Test? I gave it a spin and thought I would report back. It looks like I get an error when I open a map:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'onGridStateChanged' (a nil value)

I know this is still on test but I thought I pass it along.
    This should be fixed in version 6.5. ( Should work on current and test releases. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    This should be fixed in version 6.5. ( Should work on current and test releases. )

-pete
    Great news. I will test it out. Thanks!

Edit: All looks good. No issues on test. Thanks!
    Last edited by nephranka; December 7th, 2021 at 02:34.

Is there a way to disable the vision of the spell tokens? I have set up a token for Dancing Lights, and it's way more convenient if the player moves it themselves. The token having vision however means they can now peak around corners etc. with the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesa View Post
    Is there a way to disable the vision of the spell tokens? I have set up a token for Dancing Lights, and it's way more convenient if the player moves it themselves. The token having vision however means they can now peak around corners etc. with the spell.
    At one stage I had a global option to enable/disable vision, but that was removed as it now check the 'Token (GM) party vision and movement' to control that.

I could add that option back in to disable all vision on spell tokens, not sure if this would stop it as the spell tokens belong to the respective player so I think the system would still process the spell token as addition vision to the player token.

I'll add a note in my todo list to check on this process and look to add an option if possible.

But I'm waiting now for the big ruleset change that was due out last week to arrive and cause a bunch of unknown issues... so i'm not sure when I'll get back to feature adding as I expect a bunch of bugs generated to need fixing !!

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Is anyone else having an issue with this extension where it randomly places an invisible wall under the character token that blocks LOS and character token movement?

Quote Originally Posted by gmdmb3 View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with this extension where it randomly places an invisible wall under the character token that blocks LOS and character token movement?
    No seen this. Can you give a little more context ?

ie,

1. What ruleset you are using.
    2. does it happen on a specific spell token, or all when you place them.. ( ie can you sometimes get a fireball to work, and then sometimes fireball does the line of site blocker issues.. )
    3. is this from an 'npc' spell token drop, a player spell token drop, or a spell token drop from the 'configuration' window.
    4. if you move the token does the blocker to LOS move with the token or does it stay static in the place the spell token was initially placed ?
    5. is this in combination with other extensions loaded ? ( Have you tried replicating with just the spell tokens extensions and a simple campaign file... ie some conflict between extensions ? )
    6. is this FGU or FGC?

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information