FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 105 First ... 40484950515260100 ... Last
    I want to correctly temper my expectations... Is the spell token supposed to help implement targeting by acting as a smart targeting template? (I think so, but so far it hasn't worked probably because of how I am testing it - which is alone and not as a player.) It is not clear if a player needs to click on targeting mode prior to dropping the token on the map, if they can drop and regain focus of the token (rotating / placing the token can result in some focus loss) and so on.

I really need to get a player online and test - but my schedule hasn't lined up very well with anyone and I apologize for asking fairly basic questions, but a session is coming up and I want this to work smoothly.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I want to correctly temper my expectations... Is the spell token supposed to help implement targeting by acting as a smart targeting template? (I think so, but so far it hasn't worked probably because of how I am testing it - which is alone and not as a player.) It is not clear if a player needs to click on targeting mode prior to dropping the token on the map, if they can drop and regain focus of the token (rotating / placing the token can result in some focus loss) and so on.

I really need to get a player online and test - but my schedule hasn't lined up very well with anyone and I apologize for asking fairly basic questions, but a session is coming up and I want this to work smoothly.

Thanks,

It can target, but its not part of the 'spell' steps.

You can drag the token onto a map, and then move/rotate it as you like, works for gm and players. ( Assuming gm has pre-setup the spell tokens configuration for the spells. And if the player already had spells before you added the extension they might have to re-add the spell or 're-parse' the spells to get the spell token to show up on the player sheet. )

Once the spell token is on the map, at any point the player can 'right click' the spell token and at the bottom of the radial you should get a red 'target' icon. If the player selects this it will add the targets under the spell token to the target list for the player. If the player already has ALL the npc already targeted then it will remove them from the target list. ( Much like the normal select rectangle group select. ) Once the player has done with the spell token they can right click for the radial menu and use the normal 'delete token' option at the top of the radial menu.

Hope this helps and answers the issue. ( This is assuming you are using the 'forge' version of spell tokens, as the DMsGuild version has not been updated for a while with the latest targeting code. )

-pete

Are there plans yet to add "target friendly" to the right-click menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I would 2nd this.

G'day there.
    I have just bought the
    DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5e Spell Tokens 2.1 and of course want to use it asap.
    Is there a how to guide?
    I have been able to use my own images and add them to spells in my characters for testing. That's fine.
    Is there a way to get these Spell Tokens into unity with the Spell tokens xml?
    Or do you have to import the imageless xml and add the tokens to that manually?
    If so, where are the spell tokens?
    When I bought the Spell Token pack I downloaded the module into my FGU modules folder. However I cannot see the module "in game"
    Nor can I see the Spell Tokens in the Assets folder.
    Sorry if I seem ignorant, I have been looking in this thread but can't see a step by step guide..
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hope this helps and answers the issue. ( This is assuming you are using the 'forge' version of spell tokens, as the DMsGuild version has not been updated for a while with the latest targeting code. )
    Very, very helpful and I *greatly* appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    The short answer is yes.

How I do it, my thoughts are to add a 'green' marker next to the 'red' one. So the green selects friend and the red selects enemy, and then if you press 'shift' on either they it will mark 'all'.

( ie select green with shift, select friend + selects enemy, and select red with shift selects enemy + selects friends... so both end up been select all. )

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day there.
    I have just bought the
    DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5e Spell Tokens 2.1 and of course want to use it asap.
    Is there a how to guide?
    I have been able to use my own images and add them to spells in my characters for testing. That's fine.
    Is there a way to get these Spell Tokens into unity with the Spell tokens xml?
    Or do you have to import the imageless xml and add the tokens to that manually?
    If so, where are the spell tokens?
    When I bought the Spell Token pack I downloaded the module into my FGU modules folder. However I cannot see the module "in game"
    Nor can I see the Spell Tokens in the Assets folder.
    Sorry if I seem ignorant, I have been looking in this thread but can't see a step by step guide..
    Cheers
    The '5e spell tokens 2.1' should show up in the 'assets' and 'tokens' list of the game. They do not show up in the 'modules' to load section.

see spell_tokens.JPG and you can open 'spell tokens' to get to spell_tokens2.JPG to check that they are available.

On the GM side you need to use the 'spell tokens configuration', yours will start out empty but see spell_tokens3.JPG ( see red box markers ) and then you can use the 'import' blue icon to import the 'spelltokens.xml' file hosted at the start of this thread. ( You will get a windows file explorer prompt to 'locate' the file to load' )

Once loaded when a player adds a spell with a token it should automatically get a token, see spell_tokens4.JPG, if the character already has the spells on the character sheet you can 're-parse' the spells with the 'shift' key held down. Use the right click radial menu to select the re-parse option on the character sheet and hold shift as you select.

Mainly you need to make sure the 'spell tokens configuration' is showing items like my version above.

steps..

1. make sure 5e spell tokens mod file is in the mods folder.
    2. make sure spell tokens extension is in the extensions folder.
    3. make new campaign and enable the spell tokens extension.
    4. use the 'spell tokens' button in the bottom right to open the 'spell tokens configuration' window.
    5. import with the blue button the 'spelltokens.xml' file off your computer. ( Should make a list of spell names with tokens show up in the 'spell tokens configuration' window.
    6. on character sheets, add spells ( eg alarm ), and you should see a spell token show at the end of the spell name.
    7. you should be able to see spell tokens in 'combat tracker' for NPC. ( ie giant spider has web as a spell if I recall )
    8. you can drag from NPC spell or a player character can drag from a spell onto a map for the token.

Hope this helps.

-pete

Thanks, I will dig in
    Cheers

Thanks, That really helped
    Cheers
    What does the "pixels per 5 units" and "Collision percentage" mean/do?

Thread Information