DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 48 of 104 First ... 3846474849505898 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    v6.2 Adjusted code for changes in release 4.1.6, added usage of 'Interface.getUIScale()' to get the UI scale factor and removed the temp option that was used to control this previously.
    I was thinking this would be something you might do. I will giving it a test tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks!

v6.3 updated, Now has an 'option' to select between using 'geometry' and 'pixel' map for hit tests. The 'geometry' mode has 'inclusive/exclusive' of (n)pc token edge. The 'pixel' mode has options to run the pixel generation based of 'full squares' or 'half squares' ( double resolution. ). (n)pc tokens are always processed in half square, so 4 samples on a 1x1 normal token. This allows for the likes of cloud of daggers to be placed on a grid cross or an (n)pc been on the grid cross, instead of on a full square.

Also added, a 'collision' percentage value. This allow you to configure a spell token, and have the collision part be say 90% of the spell token, this allows you to tune the geometry/pixel grid sample points.

Note, in the 'pixel' mode, holding 'control' down when you target select will dump out the pixel grid. ( So you can fine tune the selection. )

Good work!

Exclusive geometry mode, 95%, 20" PF2 template, centered on grid intersection:

Admittedly I do not understand what pixel mode does.

Would it be possible to include options for targeting friends/all? Maybe by holding a modifier key while clicking the target button (CTRL, SHIFT)?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; September 16th, 2021 at 10:23.

I am about half-way through the process of adding images to a lengthy list of spells. It just now occurred to me that I really don't want to do this again for other 5e campaigns and having portable data would be beyond nice.

How do I export my 'Spell Tokens Configuration' data?

EDIT: This would also help with providing images and a config xml file.

Thanks!

Last edited by Topdecker; September 18th, 2021 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I am about half-way through the process of adding images to a lengthy list of spells. It just now occurred to me that I really don't want to do this again for other 5e campaigns and having portable data would be beyond nice.

How do I export my 'Spell Tokens Configuration' data?

EDIT: This would also help with providing images and a config xml file.

Thanks!

Hi Top,

( Not sure on your 'edit' section... is that a request for me to add some images on how to create a config file ? )

If you are just using the setting on your own campaigns, the simplest way is to open the db.xml file and copy the <spelltokens> ... </spelltokens> section into the other campaign files.

If you want to do it a bit more 'formal', then if you look at 'spelltokens.xml', then you could create a file like that. Basically create a new file and copy in the '<spelltokens> ... </spelltokens>' into that file, and rename the '<spelltokens> ... </spelltokens>' to <root> .. </root> tags and add the '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>' line to the top of the file. You can then just 'import' that file into the new campaigns.

But be aware that a file created like this will have the default un-names ID for the list. This looks like <id-00001> .. </id-00001>, with the number incrementing as you added the values. If you import a file with these types of ID then your data will 'merge' on import with the values already used in the campaign and might conflict.

To stop this a quick search and replace of say 'id-00' to say 'pack-' with 'pack' been anything you want to call your set, would remove the conflicts on import.

If you want to go further, you could rename your <id-00001> .. </id-00001> (could be any number) version of the spell say 'Alarm' to use the 'Alarm' name like in the spelltoken.xml file. So that you only end up with one 'Alarm' in the spell configuration.

If you have 2 spell tokens with the same 'name', if I recall I dont have the code in front of me, then only the first version of that 'name' will ever be found. ( And it could be a bit random on how the import merged to which might end up first in the list. )

At some point I'll add and export button, but again this will not be able to resolve the conflicts as the export ID will be of the type stored. Either from the import of a config file or in the form <id-00001> .. </id-00001> if you added extra. So you would still have to hand edit the exported file to 'tidy' up the names to remove possible conflicts.

Hope this helps, I'll try and add some images to this post when I have more time. ( Probably monday. )

-pete

Sorry that my edit was unclear... I am saying that it would help content creators (people that might make the effect images) provide both images and a configuration for them. But exporting as a module might be cleaner / easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Sorry that my edit was unclear... I am saying that it would help content creators (people that might make the effect images) provide both images and a configuration for them. But exporting as a module might be cleaner / easier.

At the moment putting the spell token config into a graphics token module would not be picked up, and the way modules are hosted it would end up as a loose file along side the graphic module.

I could look into a 'onload' for a module and do a check to see if it has a db.xml file that holds a <spelltoken> section and load it.

But in general the 'graphics' modules normally just have the graphics and a definition file to make these load. And I dont think that is suitable to get a module load event. I think it needs a db.xml or client.xml to cause that. But I could probably setup an export button/window that might allow you to define the name you want to export to and have this re-name all the defined <id-00000> items with a prefix for this.

I'll think about it, as it would be nice to allow creators to output the config along with the graphics..

Unfortunately I had to disable the extension today, because I got lots of these:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:184: attempt to call field 'getUIScale' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Unfortunately I had to disable the extension today, because I got lots of these:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:184: attempt to call field 'getUIScale' (a nil value)
    Thats the new FG dev 'Interface.getUIScale()' from version 4.1.6, are you using a 'dev' channel build that does not have this, or a previous build in your settings ? ( in the settings ? ( opens FG update Engine.. ) then the 'advanced' tab and the 'build channel' ? )

It all seems to be working for me in 4.1.7 without spamming errors.

maybe the release notes, "[DEV] Added Interface.getUIScale function.", while it was working, and still seems to be working, actually maybe we have to wait for it to be released properly ?

Are you looking a maybe a 'maximised' and then 'maximised to desktop' type image ? Doing something like that ?

This is very odd,

-pete

Thread Information