DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 105 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    The spell effect token mod from dms guild is setup to only allow 5e - you have to go into the mod and add the ruleset you need - this was an issue for me
    Thanks but I am 5e.

The spell effect token mod from dms guild is setup to only allow 5e - you have to go into the mod and add the ruleset you need - this was an issue for me
    both the forge and dmsguild version now have the extra rulesets supported by default. ( I changed this once dmsguild removed spell tokens from sale, so I was allowed to have it support multiple rulesets. Which was not the case before because WotC only wanted 5e to be supported. )

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Another test:

I dropped a token starting in the upper left corner. It work! Then I dropped one on the right of the 1st one and it shifted a little. Then I dropped another one next to the 2nd and the shift was greater. The last one was dropped next to the 3rd. The 4th had even more shifting. Same thing happens in the vertical.
    This is very odd, I'll try to replicate with multiple tokens in different locations as you have done.

Got the tokens to load onto the combat tracker, yea. My next question, do your tokens target tokens and what do you set pixels to?

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    both the forge and dmsguild version now have the extra rulesets supported by default. ( I changed this once dmsguild removed spell tokens from sale, so I was allowed to have it support multiple rulesets. Which was not the case before because WotC only wanted 5e to be supported. )

To be clear - it wasn't your mod that was the issue - the actual spell tokens - that was the issue - I bought the 5e spell tokens like two years ago - but with your mod and wanting to use this in pfrpg and pf2 for the players (you rock btw) - I went and downloaded the newest spell token files today - there is a mod within that download to put the tokens into unity - the problem is that mod is 5e only - Unity doesn't let you load tokens for a non-valid rule set it just loads anything compatible at startup.

I had to modify *that mod* to work - mostly because your xml assumes the tokens are in the default location - which they are not unless you load the mod.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The file specifically I had to alter was 769337-SPELL_TOKENS_2.1.mod

To be clear - it wasn't your mod that was the issue - the actual spell tokens - that was the issue - I bought the 5e spell tokens like two years ago - but with your mod and wanting to use this in pfrpg and pf2 for the players (you rock btw) - I went and downloaded the newest spell token files today - there is a mod within that download to put the tokens into unity - the problem is that mod is 5e only - Unity doesn't let you load tokens for a non-valid rule set it just loads anything compatible at startup.

I had to modify *that mod* to work - mostly because your xml assumes the tokens are in the default location - which they are not unless you load the mod.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The file specifically I had to alter was 769337-SPELL_TOKENS_2.1.mod
    Yep, I normally just use 7zip to open the 2.1.mod file. basically right click the mod with 7zip and 'open archive' then right click and select 'edit' on the 'definition.xml', when notepad opens with the file, change '<ruleset>Any</ruleset>', close notepad and 7zip will the re-write the 2.1.mod file... load in any ruleset, and link using the spelltokens.xml in the import on the config file.

Just leaving this, for others if they do not know how to change this.

Quote Originally Posted by espanRebel View Post
    Got the tokens to load onto the combat tracker, yea. My next question, do your tokens target tokens and what do you set pixels to?
    On the spell tokens configuration window, the 'pixel per 5 Unity', for 5e will be considered as the number of pixel you have used in the spell token graphic assigned per 5ft on the map.

So if you have a 10ft radius effect, and you have a 200x200 pixel graphic file assigned as the spell token. The 10ft radius has a 20ft diameter across the spell token, this is 4x 5ft unit squares on the map. So you set 200/4=50 'pixels per 5 unit'

Does that make sense ?

Normally if you download a pack of tokens it will tell you the number of pixels used per square, or have the effect radius in the filename or you just have to look up the spell effect to see what its size is, then maybe have a look at the pixel resolution of the spell token to work out just how many pixels should be used to cover one 5ftx5ft square in 5e. ( Or other ruleset. )

NOTE. for 4e you still set this us as per 5e ruleset of 'pixels per 5ft', and the system detects you are on 4e and corrects for the fact that ruleset uses '1 unit' distance per square.

Quote Originally Posted by espanRebel View Post
    At the moment, the spell tokens extension does not target. My plan is to allow 'shift or ctrl' (not decided yet) to be pressed while the drag is going on, and then this button press will assign tokens under the spell to the target of the owner (n)pc. ( if its know. )

hi guys! i really need some help here! I bougth the extension months ago, but now i'm realy trying to use it. I have made the configuration for the spells, put the spells on the character sheet, but when i try to put the token on the map, nothing happen

Anyone knows the reason to this?

ps. i have the version on the DMsGuild, but I got the new version on the Forge. SpellTokens.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    This is very odd, I'll try to replicate with multiple tokens in different locations as you have done.
    So tonight all my players had the same effect. Shift on placement. The use a mix of Linux and windows machines so this is not a dual boot or Linux only issue.

Thread Information