STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 104 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to write I use FGU and I play 5E D&D.

Attachment 42072

If I drag a spell token it doesn't appear on the map.

I'm not sure on your issue, maybe a extension compat issue.. I see you have a few loaded but could not see which version of the spells tokens you have loaded..

See attached image, I can drag from both gm and player side and all seems ok.

are you using v2.2 ?

could you try on a new game with just this extension ?

-pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nix4 View Post
    Greetings, unable to get this to work in Fantasy Grounds Unity under the 1e Pathfinder Ruleset. Is this compatible? Looks to be 5e but the GMGuild extension says that it supports PFSRD. *.ext file is loaded into the correct folder, launcher selection for extension updated..but I see nothing for adding tokens as shown in screenshots for players spells...
    v2.2 should work with pf 1e, see attached..

the main issue you will have is actual graphics tokens, as the best set available is for 5e.

for this I have the module with the 5e graphics for tokens 'edited' to allow them on pf 1e and load up the 5e spell tokens xml file... this allows spells like 'fireball' that exist in both to work and show up.

now getting actual pf 1e graphic versions with the correct radius to setup with the extension is not something I can sort out.. ( Been a programmer and not an artist !! )

so your ability to use might be limited to your own custom graphics for spells, which can be configured as you like..

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    If you made Pathfinder 2E specific extension for this I would purchase it immediately.
    the extension works fine under pf 2e, see attached..

the issue will be getting tokens specific for the spell of pf 2e. As you can see in this example I've loaded the 5e graphic tokens and used a common spell 'fireball' to show the spell tokens working. But I'm not sure its the correct size for pf2e fireball, as I dont think the 5e fireball is the same radius.. ( not sure.. )

as a programmer, the extension works, as NOT an artist I can not provide any pathfinder specific token graphics... ( sorry.. )

-pete

Cool, the "import" button the same as importing character xml?
    Edit, sorry I found it on the spell button under assets. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I'm not sure on your issue, maybe a extension compat issue.. I see you have a few loaded but could not see which version of the spells tokens you have loaded..

See attached image, I can drag from both gm and player side and all seems ok.

are you using v2.2 ?

could you try on a new game with just this extension ?

-pete
    Tried with a new campaign with jut your EXT and the Spell Token 2.2, sadly nothing happens. it's really wierd.

Tried with a new campaign with jut your EXT and the Spell Token 2.2, sadly nothing happens. it's really wierd.
    Hi,
    Can you you attach a zip of a new campaign with the spelltokens.xml imported with just my mod and a new character with a spell on ( eg fireball, or spirit guardian ).. Just load 'SRD' 5e or 'player's handbook'.

Can you use a map from the 'fg battle maps', say 'battlemap01'..

Can you drag a token from the player character onto the map, even if it does not show this is also helpful... as it could still be added to the map but be invisible.. ( I can see this data in the 'campaign/moduledb/FG Battle Maps.xml file to see if its got some 'odd' settings that is causing you an issue, or if its not in the data at all. )

Also can you check you have 'visibility' turned on ? ( I know a silly question, but check 'right click' on the map and on the radial check the 'oval eye' (visibility) radial and then use the show always option... just to try and rule out a visibility issue.. )

Also if it does not show up, can you type the '/console' command in chat to show this and attach an image... so I can see if Fantasy grounds is giving an message of some sort...

From the past images it looks like you are using an upto date 5e ruleset on FGU, so I dont see why it would not work with a clean new campaign.

( just go to your '<user>AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns' folder [ or go into the 'settings' app and select the 'advanced tab' this should list your 'data directory' to see the install location, which you should know if you are adding mod/extensions anyway !! ] and just zip the single 'campaign name' folder tree for the new campaign you made... if you call it '5e_spelltoken' when you make it, it will be in '<user>AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\5e_spelltoken' )

Thanks, -pete

Hi,
    Can you you attach a zip of a new campaign with the spelltokens.xml imported with just my mod and a new character with a spell on ( eg fireball, or spirit guardian ).. Just load 'SRD' 5e or 'player's handbook'.

Can you drag a token from the player character onto the map, even if it does not show this is also helpful... as it could still be added to the map but be invisible.. ( I can see this data in the 'campaign/moduledb/FG Battle Maps.xml file to see if its got some 'odd' settings that is causing you an issue, or if its not in the data at all. )

Also can you check you have 'visibility' turned on ? ( I know a silly question, but check 'right click' on the map and on the radial check the 'oval eye' (visibility) radial and then use the show always option... just to try and rule out a visibility issue.. )

Also if it does not show up, can you type the '/console' command in chat to show this and attach an image... so I can see if Fantasy grounds is giving an message of some sort...

From the past images it looks like you are using an upto date 5e ruleset on FGU, so I dont see why it would not work with a clean new campaign.

( just go to your '<user>AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns' folder [ or go into the 'settings' app and select the 'advanced tab' this should list your 'data directory' to see the install location, which you should know if you are adding mod/extensions anyway !! ] and just zip the single 'campaign name' folder tree for the new campaign you made... if you call it '5e_spelltoken' when you make it, it will be in '<user>AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\5e_spelltoken' )

Thanks, -pete
    I’ll do in few days: I’m busy, sorry.

Hi,

Thanks, -pete
    Screenshot (3).jpg

I guees I've done all.
    Let me know if something misses.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Screenshot (3).jpg

I guees I've done all.
    Let me know if something misses.
    Thanks.
    Thanks, this all looks ok... and for me seems to work ok... see attached, from me dragging the token from the character sheet onto the map.

The only thing I changed, which I'll take a look at, was that I moved the game from private 'cloud' to 'lan' settings.. I would think that this does not cause an issue, but maybe it i causing some network message issue that I've not covered.

I'll take a look later to see if this is the case.. and have a look down the internal xml files of the campaign etc..

I just wanted to let you know I had a quick look and it does see odd that it is not working for you..

-pete

Any word on the issue with the spell tokens being on top of the other tokens on the map?

I could swear this was working correctly (spell tokens being below CT creatures) a few weeks ago and now it's not. But based on the timeline of this thread...seems like I imagined it working correctly and it never did?

I'm using FGU.

Thread Information