FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 105 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    Ask SW to change the strata (stack order) of asset tokens to *not* cover up combat-tracker NPCs in FGU. In an ideal world this should be a single number change. And a token based software should be more sophisticated at handling tokens in general (including the messy assets window).

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectConsumer View Post
    I was so excited to buy this, but now that I have it, I cannot select NPCs under a spell to move them or assign their targets for their attacks. I have tried your setting tip and it doesn't show a tooltip and let me select anything under the spell token layer. Any advice? Currently I don't see how I can use this if I have to move the spell token every time I want to do something as an NPC that's been covered up under a spell token. I can't seem to figure out a way to select the NPCs at all for movement or anything if they are covered by a spell.
    Can you give some extra details, like FGU or FGC, what ruleset, do you have other extensions ? ( ie try on a clean campaign etc.. )

as you are talking about NPC, i'm assuming DM/GM side.

Please note the 'tooltip' no longer is available due to changes in FGU 4.10.0+ so you will not be able to see that any more. ( I will update images at some point on dmsguild. )

Please make sure you have 'extra selection mode' set to 'square or circle' to enable this. ( which it sounds like you have because you are looking for the tooltip.. )

I'm not sure what you are expecting and what process stage of target you are trying to do ?

Lets start with DM side, assuming you have the NPC selected on the map. ( if not, say because you have the green outline on a spell token as its over the npc, you can 'select' the already selected spell token to 'de-select it' and then the NPC token normally shows above the spell token for you to 'select' on the map. Or normally when the combat tracker moves to this NPC it will select it anyway, even if not visible. ) then on the map you should be able to 'ctrl click' to select a player/npc token to target even if a spell token is on top of it.

Now if you are looking at moving an NPC, if it is above a spell token you should be able to just drag that npc token to the new location. If it is below a spell token, you should be able to drag it ( and the spell token that is on top ) and when you release the drag the 'spell token' will then be moved back to its original position. ( assuming you did not press 'shift' which stops the replacement of the spell token... or if spell token is in exact center of the npc token, think 'spirit guardians' then this process is inverted to try and keep 'paired' player/npc tokens with the spell token. )

I'm also assuming you are using 'transparent' spell tokens that allow you to 'see' NPC/Player tokens under the spell token. ( No fix is available if your spell token does not have alpha on the source. )

So I'm not sure which part of this process you have issues with, or if you expect it to work in a different way ?

Can you try the above 'target' and 'move' of npc, which i've just been doing in my updated FGU campaign, and let me know which/what part you are having issues with ? ( Maybe attach some images showing the 'state' of the tokens and draw a quick line in paint maybe to show what you are trying to move etc.. or text description is fine, you dont need to spend ages marking things up... just giving me some 'idea' of what you are trying to do. So i can say if its a bug at the extension side or just a difference in how i control FG to how you are using it etc.. )

thanks, Pete
    Last edited by bratch9; July 1st, 2021 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Ask SW to change the strata (stack order) of asset tokens to *not* cover up combat-tracker NPCs in FGU. In an ideal world this should be a single number change. And a token based software should be more sophisticated at handling tokens in general (including the messy assets window).
    I have, multiple times, they now have the 'spell templates' method using the DM and the layer editor for the map. I requested a 'set at back' api for tokens, much like the 'set at back' for bitmaps.. and yes I dont think this change would be complex to sort out. In fact the stack order for FGU was MUCH MUCH better before v4.10.0 when they brought it in line with FGC order. Pre 4.10.0 the stack order was only an issue for the DM/GM for the spell tokens, client side always had player tokens on top of spell tokens and npc/npc spell tokens. It was a good time.. Now the 'inline' with FGC change to the stack order, makes any moved token become the bottom of the stack when you let go of the drag. Its a pain as I now have to mess with input selection/control and redo all the hit box checks maths on clients and hosts..

I dont see them fixing it as they have the 'spell templates' method, its not priority for them to help out an extension like this.

-pete

I am a DM who uses FGU. I have a few extensions in addition to yours - one click-druid and one-click more, and the Rob2E packs Years 1-2. I use a lot of Rob2e's coding packs for automating spells, feats and such. That's it.

Thanks for clarification about the tooltip. I was going crazy trying to change all the settings to find the sweet spot where I could see it appear. I have tried extra selection mode, and neither circle nor square allowed me to select NPCs. I am not expecting the software to target anything for me... I understand that's not what this does. I use control click - either on the map or combat tracker depending on the situation.

I can't select the NPC if it is under the spell token. If I move the spell token, everything is fine. I am using G Jenson's spell tokens, which seem semi transparent, though not as much as I'd like considering it overlays completely on the NPCs.

Update:
    Spell Token Problem.png
    I just tried loading it up and by clicking and dragging on an NPC it lets me move them today. The enemy NPC token selected when under a spell token never changes to RED as it does when a non-spell-covered NPC is clicked, but they move now, so I seem to be OK. I understand that holding shift will also bring the spell token along for the ride also, which is nice.

So I think it should be OK. Strange that yesterday it didn't let me move them. I'm wondering if I was confused because their tokens never turned red, so I didn't left-click and drag them since they appeared to not be selected.

Thanks, and take care.
    Last edited by PerfectConsumer; July 1st, 2021 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectConsumer View Post
    I am a DM who uses FGU. I have a few extensions in addition to yours - one click-druid and one-click more, and the Rob2E packs Years 1-2. I use a lot of Rob2e's coding packs for automating spells, feats and such. That's it.

Thanks for clarification about the tooltip. I was going crazy trying to change all the settings to find the sweet spot where I could see it appear. I have tried extra selection mode, and neither circle nor square allowed me to select NPCs. I am not expecting the software to target anything for me... I understand that's not what this does. I use control click - either on the map or combat tracker depending on the situation.

I can't select the NPC if it is under the spell token. If I move the spell token, everything is fine. I am using G Jenson's spell tokens, which seem semi transparent, though not as much as I'd like considering it overlays completely on the NPCs.

Update:
    Spell Token Problem.png
    I just tried loading it up and by clicking and dragging on an NPC it lets me move them today. The enemy NPC token selected when under a spell token never changes to RED as it does when a non-spell-covered NPC is clicked, but they move now, so I seem to be OK. I understand that holding shift will also bring the spell token along for the ride also, which is nice.

So I think it should be OK. Strange that yesterday it didn't let me move them. I'm wondering if I was confused because their tokens never turned red, so I didn't left-click and drag them since they appeared to not be selected.

Thanks, and take care.
    Glad its working for you, when mixed with a lot of other extensions so conflicts can happen. If you find an issue please let me know as I try and keep conflicts to a minimum.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post

Note. Extra ruleset support has been removed due to hosting requirements on DMS Guild. I'm not sure when/how this we get resolved but I will look into options.

NOTE. for support on rulesets 3.5E, PFRPG, PFRPG2, SFRPG

For now you need to do some work by hand, on windows you can rename the '2797083-5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext' file to '.zip' ( you might need to turn on extension in your windows folder properties to see these.. )
    Once the extension has a zip extension, you can 'double click' and open the extension into the window 'virtual folder' view of zip files, as if you had extracted it into directory.
    You can then drag the below 'extension.xml' file into the 'virtual folder' for the zip, ( or even direct onto the '2797083-5E_B9_SpellTokens.zip' file ) and windows will ask you if you want to replace the file. ( Select the yes option. )
    Once this is done you can rename back to '.ext' and all should be good to go on the other rulesets.
    I tried to do this and instead of asking to replace the file, windows is telling me that it cannot find the file specified. I might have have done something wrong though, I don't know anything about a 'virtual folder' so I opened the file with Windows Explorer. Is there something else I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by qunitvineu View Post
    I tried to do this and instead of asking to replace the file, windows is telling me that it cannot find the file specified. I might have have done something wrong though, I don't know anything about a 'virtual folder' so I opened the file with Windows Explorer. Is there something else I can try?
    Hi,

Because the FG extensions are called '<name>.ext', depending on if you have your windows settings to show file extensions or not... then you might see or not see the '.ext' part of the file.

if you do not have file extensions showing in windows then you will have issues renaming the file to a zip file. Because you will end up with a file '<name>.zip.ext' which windows will still see as file type '.ext' and not '.zip'. This is not a tutorial on how to use windows, but you will have to enable file extensions in windows to allow you to swap this. ( Or use cmd prompt and rename the file, or one of many other windows/mac/linux ways to do this stuff... ) If you go the route of rename file to '.zip' type, in modern versions of windows, if you double click the zip file it will open an explorer view of the zip file. ( this is a virtual folder onto the zip file ) You can then copy the 'extension.xml' from your download folder onto the explorer virtual folder view of the zip file. close the explorer view should save the zip and you can rename it back to .'ext'. On old windows that do not do this you will have to un-zip the zip, copy the file, re-zip the folders and rename back to '.ext'.

The most consistent way to do this is to install '7zip' or equivalent, with 7zip installed you should be able to just 'right click' '<name>.ext' and ask it to 'open archive' which will open a window showing the contents of the extension, you can just drag the 'extension.xml' you downloaded onto this '7zip' view of the extension and it will replace the file. close the window to save the file. you are good to go, its very simple and very quick with this method. Just a few seconds once you have done it a couple of times.

If you still have issues, then you will have to learn a little more on how to use windows, as extensions and edit/changing contents of the extension are not 'basic' windows tasks. I have to assume you know some things. Which you should if you are messing about with using extensions/mod into games.

If you still have issues, you will have to provide some screen shots of the status you are at, as you have not provided suitable info for me to guide you on any missing/issue steps.

-pete

My group played today and we found one strange thing. When the token lock is on you can not move spell tokens that are aligned with the player token. Without the lock you can click on the player (that has a spell token centered on it) and the group moves. This just may be a limitation but I thought I would let you know. Otherwise, everything worked as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    My group played today and we found one strange thing. When the token lock is on you can not move spell tokens that are aligned with the player token. Without the lock you can click on the player (that has a spell token centered on it) and the group moves. This just may be a limitation but I thought I would let you know. Otherwise, everything worked as expected.
    Yep, with token lock on, the dm has to approve the move.. and from a code point of view the code does not get any movement update calls, so not a lot I can do to attach the movement. ( Well i might be able to find a way to force off token lock. )

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Yep, with token lock on, the dm has to approve the move.. and from a code point of view the code does not get any movement update calls, so not a lot I can do to attach the movement. ( Well i might be able to find a way to force off token lock. )

-pete
    We thought as much. So now I toggle tock lock for them. No big deal, just thought I would relay our experience. Thanks!

Thread Information