DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 105 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    did you delete all tokens before that test ?

as the old tokens will have bad config.

Also made a minor fix to v3.9 so can you pull the new version of v3.9.

Attachment 46940
    Cleaned the CT, went to a new map, new NPC and new spell. Same issue. I can't tell if you have the spell token selected (no green circle) in your shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe this is an issue that can not be resolved, like you discussed before? I note that I have no vision through the token unless it is selected, which is good.
    Last edited by nephranka; May 20th, 2021 at 21:51.

I'm not clear about this so I may have missed it. If I as a DM have the correct token pack (DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5e Spell Tokens 2.1) activated as a module and my players are adding spells to their characters does it populate the token for them? Or is that automation only available DM side?
    Sorry for all the questions

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    I'm not clear about this so I may have missed it. If I as a DM have the correct token pack (DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5e Spell Tokens 2.1) activated as a module and my players are adding spells to their characters does it populate the token for them? Or is that automation only available DM side?
    Sorry for all the questions
    It does populate for your players also. In my last sessions my sorcerer confirmed this.

If not, let your player right click on link in CS, and click the reparse button while holding SHIFT. Otherwise it deletes .mod spell effects and replaces them by parsed ones.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Cleaned the CT, went to a new map, new NPC and new spell. Same issue. I can't tell if you have the spell token selected (no green circle) in your shot.
    Not sure how you have your 'vision' set on your character... maybe thats the difference... ( Can you attach a campaign zip so I can take a look ? )

( All shots from player client. )

Below is the same map with my player, just with a 'reset fog of war', so it basic normal sight.

a.jpg

Below is when the player drops a token onto the map, it starts not 'selected' and does not change the vision.
    b.jpg

Below i have 'selected' the player, and you can see they no longer get to see the 'spell token' because its off the sight of the player.
    ( You will know this map as a horizontal path on at this map, so they 'could' see it.. )
    c.jpg

Below i have 'selected' the 'spell token', it has not extended the player vision, but it the token does have vision which you can see 'clipping' the players vision. ( look at first image. )
    d.jpg

In no situations did it extend the vision, my player is human with an effect torch.. so maybe it depends what 'vision' you have on your character ?

Let me know as I'd like to track down the reason and see if it has a fix or not..

Not sure how you have your 'vision' set on your character... maybe thats the difference... ( Can you attach a campaign zip so I can take a look ? )

( All shots from player client. )

Below is the same map with my player, just with a 'reset fog of war', so it basic normal sight.

a.jpg

Below is when the player drops a token onto the map, it starts not 'selected' and does not change the vision.
    b.jpg

Below i have 'selected' the player, and you can see they no longer get to see the 'spell token' because its off the sight of the player.
    ( You will know this map as a horizontal path on at this map, so they 'could' see it.. )
    c.jpg

Below i have 'selected' the 'spell token', it has not extended the player vision, but it the token does have vision which you can see 'clipping' the players vision. ( look at first image. )
    d.jpg

In no situations did it extend the vision, my player is human with an effect torch.. so maybe it depends what 'vision' you have on your character ?

Let me know as I'd like to track down the reason and see if it has a fix or not..
    I went back to test it again. It maybe something with me making adjustments on the map with lightning while the token is there. It is working now. The difference is I cleaned off all the tokens then adjusted the map and then put them back on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; May 21st, 2021 at 11:01.

Thanks for the help sorting this out. I apologize for any additional effort and/or confusion due to user errors on my part. The ext is working great, now if I could figure out FGU!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Thanks for the help sorting this out. I apologize for any additional effort and/or confusion due to user errors on my part. The ext is working great, now if I could figure out FGU!
    I think if you are editing a map, its always best to 'clear' it down before use.

As I said previously the spell tokens are not dynamic, so when you change 'party movement/vision' option during 'testing' you tend to do this in real time and pick up issues that are not important. Normally map changes,party vision/move is set once and stays for many years of the campaign. Hence i'm not worried with the 'odd' issue that is caused by 'edit'/option changed on the fly.

Spell tokens should be getting added/removed as play happens and it will then pick up the changed item. But for most games it is pre-setup and does not change so players dont notice the issue... Just us Dm's that are checking the extension is doing what we think it is doing, might spot something.

Glad its working as expected, do let me know if during play you find some issue with token/spell token layer interactions that seem odd or could be improved if done 'suggestion'. At the moment it does what I think is suitable, which might not be what the average user would like etc..

I think if you are editing a map, its always best to 'clear' it down before use.

As I said previously the spell tokens are not dynamic, so when you change 'party movement/vision' option during 'testing' you tend to do this in real time and pick up issues that are not important. Normally map changes,party vision/move is set once and stays for many years of the campaign. Hence i'm not worried with the 'odd' issue that is caused by 'edit'/option changed on the fly.

Spell tokens should be getting added/removed as play happens and it will then pick up the changed item. But for most games it is pre-setup and does not change so players dont notice the issue... Just us Dm's that are checking the extension is doing what we think it is doing, might spot something.

Glad its working as expected, do let me know if during play you find some issue with token/spell token layer interactions that seem odd or could be improved if done 'suggestion'. At the moment it does what I think is suitable, which might not be what the average user would like etc..
    Will do. It will get tested by my players this weekend. Thanks!

Thread Information