DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 104 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    Hi,

I'm getting this error when playing Fantasy Grounds Unity, 5e:

Script execution error: ["string scripts/manager spell token drop.lua"]:34: createChild: Invalid name

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yonjaime View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting this error when playing Fantasy Grounds Unity, 5e:

Script execution error: ["string scripts/manager spell token drop.lua"]:34: createChild: Invalid name

Can anyone help me? Thanks
    non of the rule set or extensions files have that name, so I'd guess this is from a different extension ?

Can you replicate with a clean campaign and just spell tokens extension ?

And maybe can you provide a list of your extensions you have enabled, and try turning half off to try and find which one is causing the issue..

Maybe you could give some information as to what you were doing when this came up ? like dragging a character about, of a spell on the character or a token off the character to a map etc...

Just some basic information so I can help you sort the issues.

Thanks, pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    non of the rule set or extensions files have that name, so I'd guess this is from a different extension ?
    Its from critically awesome essentials, not sure where the error comes in though, it appears to work with yours just fine

I had a quick look in critically awesome code with some debugs... and it seems to only happen on the first time for a character sheet..

It seems to come from 'onValueChanged' in 'tknbutton' from 'record_power_token.xml', which does 'local stname = DB.getValue(nodeWinNameNode, "name");' to get the name of the power...

But this always seems to be an empty string at the time, and so it passes down to the error line at createchild with the error.

I'm not sure why it only reports the first time on a character sheet, as all spell adds seem to pass the same empty string down.. But only the first is recorded, could be some 'memory' order/init type thing on a new character that makes part of the structure of the powers not correct on the first time.

I've seen this on my spell tokens but with a slight different result..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rates-an-error

This error started happening about 2 FG unity updates back, so in the last 2 months or so... but had been working from last year fine.

I'm not sure what changed to cause it, and this error in critically awesome could be also related to initial memory setup of power list on a clean character.

I'm just not sure how to 'show' it in a way that the FG Devs might take it further... as my thread seems to basically be dead on the subject...

If anybody has any thoughts on it, I'm happy to try out some replications..
    Last edited by bratch9; April 18th, 2021 at 00:08.

Hi Bratch, this extension also works fine with my 5E Automatic Effects modules. I'm glad I made no changes to the spell names, which comes in handy for this nice extension.
    Only for the coded spell scrolls the tokens do not show. Could it be possible to make it work for my spell scrolls? The naming is simple: Scroll of [spell name], which matches the exact name of the respective items.

I'll ask my players to use those tokens available next to their spell (super useful, thx for that) to target the NPC I provide in the spell description for light and darkness sources. A little resizing and you have a darkness spell with a nice token which actually blocks vision, when you target it with the LIGHT: 15 darkness; (C). Especially the concentration (C) part makes those effects more useful, IMO, than applying a ambient light on the token (in the image control panel). FGU 4.1 being still in test isn't helping to figure out which is best.

Cheers, keep up the good work.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Hi Bratch, this extension also works fine with my 5E Automatic Effects modules. I'm glad I made no changes to the spell names, which comes in handy for this nice extension.
    Only for the coded spell scrolls the tokens do not show. Could it be possible to make it work for my spell scrolls? The naming is simple: Scroll of [spell name], which matches the exact name of the respective items.

I'll ask my players to use those tokens available next to their spell (super useful, thx for that) to target the NPC I provide in the spell description for light and darkness sources. A little resizing and you have a darkness spell with a nice token which actually blocks vision, when you target it with the LIGHT: 15 darkness; (C). Especially the concentration (C) part makes those effects more useful, IMO, than applying a ambient light on the token (in the image control panel). FGU 4.1 being still in test isn't helping to figure out which is best.

Cheers, keep up the good work.
    Just released v3.3, which has support for the 'scroll of', and also adds tokens to the combat tracker/npc lists now. ( They are sometimes the wrong size for the DM... I'll look at that when I have more time.. Just resize them down a bit with the scroll wheel resize... )

Not 100% with your second part with the light/dark... as I'm not looking into the 4.1 side yet.. but if you have some images please post a couple in this thread for me to take a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just released v3.3, which has support for the 'scroll of', and also adds tokens to the combat tracker/npc lists now. ( They are sometimes the wrong size for the DM... I'll look at that when I have more time.. Just resize them down a bit with the scroll wheel resize... )

Not 100% with your second part with the light/dark... as I'm not looking into the 4.1 side yet.. but if you have some images please post a couple in this thread for me to take a look at.
    Very nice update. Thank you for the scroll compatibility. The NPCs having effects is also super nice.

About the light/darkness part:
    In FGU 4.1 you can add light or darkness to a token. You have two options:
    A. apply the light via the image control panel
    B. apply the llghting effect to the token, which resides on the combat tracker.
    In order to make B happen that token must in fact be an NPC. And that is why I created NPCs (see 5e Automatic Effects subcategory in NPC tab). The NPCs that interact with the lighting effects have the creature type "Light Source" and are actually what their type says, a source to apply a lighting effect on.
    Your spell tokens are cool, but if you cast light and apply the Light token on the map, players will not be able to see it. It will still be pitch black.
    What you can do: apply light upon it with method A (via control panel).
    I thought to implement option B in my modules: provide a source players can cast light upon. Those tokens have only letter tokens, but with your extension players have easy access to a nicer token. For a light source this may be arbitrary, but for a darkness source your token really sticks out.
    First screenshot: PC has cast light, one is your token, the other one (below) is my NPC (light source) using your token and with the light effect.
    screenshot 2.PNG
    Second screenshot: a example of darkness. Above your token, looking nice, but not doing any darkness effect. Under: My Darkness NPC (light source) with your token and a darkness effect cast upon it.
    screenshot 2.PNG
    As I said. Difficult to test this in full, as this is only available in test.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Very nice update. Thank you for the scroll compatibility. The NPCs having effects is also super nice.

About the light/darkness part:
    In FGU 4.1 you can add light or darkness to a token. You have two options:
    A. apply the light via the image control panel
    B. apply the llghting effect to the token, which resides on the combat tracker.
    In order to make B happen that token must in fact be an NPC. And that is why I created NPCs (see 5e Automatic Effects subcategory in NPC tab). The NPCs that interact with the lighting effects have the creature type "Light Source" and are actually what their type says, a source to apply a lighting effect on.
    Your spell tokens are cool, but if you cast light and apply the Light token on the map, players will not be able to see it. It will still be pitch black.
    What you can do: apply light upon it with method A (via control panel).
    I thought to implement option B in my modules: provide a source players can cast light upon. Those tokens have only letter tokens, but with your extension players have easy access to a nicer token. For a light source this may be arbitrary, but for a darkness source your token really sticks out.
    First screenshot: PC has cast light, one is your token, the other one (below) is my NPC (light source) using your token and with the light effect.
    screenshot 2.PNG
    Second screenshot: a example of darkness. Above your token, looking nice, but not doing any darkness effect. Under: My Darkness NPC (light source) with your token and a darkness effect cast upon it.
    screenshot 2.PNG
    As I said. Difficult to test this in full, as this is only available in test.
    I get the idea of what you are doing... As I do not play with the 'test' version very often, I've not been looking into the lighting. I did see that the 'effects' code now can do 'LIGHT:' and spotted them in some of your coding. ( And used in the video on for the modules. )

I do like your 'dark' windows for the combat tracker which one is that ?

I think I know of the 'grant npc access', seen that on the forums, but it might not be the one you are using... also looks nice...

He's using the Theme im working on (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...icent-Darkness) give it a try .
    I will add a fitting empty spell slot graphic for your extension soon aswell. The synergy between equipped effects, automatic effects and your spell tokens is something to behold, love it !

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    He's using the Theme im working on (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...icent-Darkness) give it a try .
    I will add a fitting empty spell slot graphic for your extension soon aswell. The synergy between equipped effects, automatic effects and your spell tokens is something to behold, love it !
    I'll take a look at it...

( Not sure on the require a spell slot to be added, they come as part of the effect line, and if one does not exist its set non-visible, so its either the spell token or nothing... you might want to place some other location etc... )

But thanks for the information, and if you have any usage feedback/issues/extras just let me know and I'll consider adding them to the lists for each extension I keep.

Thread Information