DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 102 of 105 First ... 25292100101102103104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I can't see the extension anymore in my PF2 campaign.
    Thanks to the remaster project there are now 2 ruleset names PFRPG2 and PFRPG2-Legacy.
    Can you please add the new name?

Thanks
    I can take a look at this, but I have no idea what the plans are for these rulesets. I'm assuming they have 'renamed' the rulesets so the properties to say which ruleset is supported needs to be changed and obviously I then need to check compatibility.

I'll see if I get time in the next couple of days to check these.

With the DMsGuild issue still ongoing for updates, it will only be a forge update for now. So if you are using the DmsGuild version then it will have to wait for them to figure out the uploading issues.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I can take a look at this, but I have no idea what the plans are for these rulesets. I'm assuming they have 'renamed' the rulesets so the properties to say which ruleset is supported needs to be changed and obviously I then need to check compatibility.

I'll see if I get time in the next couple of days to check these.

With the DMsGuild issue still ongoing for updates, it will only be a forge update for now. So if you are using the DmsGuild version then it will have to wait for them to figure out the uploading issues.

-pete
    v7.21 now has both the pathfinder names.

( Note: forge has v7.21, DMsGuild has not been updated due to the ongoing upload/update issue. )

Quick testing seems to show that both work, obviously the remaster one may well introduce bugs in the future. Please report any issues.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I'm pretty sure one way to make it work on DMsG is to upload them as zips.

Maybe you can upload it as a .zip and .ext and allow people to see if they can get it to work.

I know some people dont know how to unzip a file. But I would like to test to see if zips work, pretty sure it does.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm pretty sure one way to make it work on DMsG is to upload them as zips.

Maybe you can upload it as a .zip and .ext and allow people to see if they can get it to work.

I know some people dont know how to unzip a file. But I would like to test to see if zips work, pretty sure it does.
    If the .ext was not already a zip file, maybe I'd try that !!

I can upload my other .ext files on DMsGuild, they upload fine... its just this one, and only recently that it stopped uploading, DmsGuild is stuck at v7.18.

I've been updating it for many years fine, I suspect its something with the change to roll20 and that it is a private extension since the WoTc DmsGuild extension kick out of non-5e exclusive extensions..

It is very odd because when you add it to the DMsGuild upload box and select it to upload, it does not seem to actually upload the file, it gives all the notifications that it has uploaded it and that all users that own the product are updated. It just never seems to upload it from my side. ( Its a small file so maybe I dont see the upload bar happen, but I'm sure its not even getting off my machine to the site. ) As I say this is odd because I have uploaded to my other product extensions since this issue with spell tokens.

I did notice that the 'wording' around the upload section changed and its failed ever since. So an 'update' of some form probably broke it. I'm just waiting for them to let me know anything before I try and upload it again.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Currently having this issue with 11 diff extensions on DMsG. 5 diff Authors.
    One was able to bypass it by renaming the newest file to .zip instead of .ext.
    I’m saying doing this as an extra file that way at least some people still have access if they know how to change the file type. Which is really easy.

I’ve been going back and forth with DMsG in emails for 3 months about this issue they are giving me the run around and I keep having to poke them.

They were able to get the correct ones updated for some of the ones I pointed out but they had to manually do it and those are now out of date because you know these extensions need to be updated as FGU updates their stuff.

I would ask if you could just try the .zip thing.

Sorry about the delay in replying but I can see it and it is working so far. Thanks.

v7.21 now has both the pathfinder names.

( Note: forge has v7.21, DMsGuild has not been updated due to the ongoing upload/update issue. )

Quick testing seems to show that both work, obviously the remaster one may well introduce bugs in the future. Please report any issues.

Thanks,
    Pete
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

How do you deal with two versions of tokens, one for line and one for sphere? Do you setup two different spells in the Actions tab, both for the same spell? What's the best solution?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    How do you deal with two versions of tokens, one for line and one for sphere? Do you setup two different spells in the Actions tab, both for the same spell? What's the best solution?
    Yes duplicate the spell and add to the name. Due to the name matching/stripping this is possible.

eg, 'wall of flame' and 'wall of flame (line)', add both in the configuration window with the required '(type)' name and then duplicate the character sheet spell and rename and reparse ( with shift if its a custom spell and you only want to update the graphic. )

If you used the 'B9-SpellTokens.xml' ( or look in that file.. ) you will see configured examples like 'Fire Shield' and 'Fire Shield (Cold)' and 'Wall Of Fire' and 'Wall Of Fire (Line)' already configured to match with the spell token graphics.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

1. Had a quick check and I'm not sure if spell tokens now do not get any LoS updates into the group... but that's good for some
    Circling back to this, I wanted to request if you can add an option in the settings to disallow LOS from all spell tokens.

I can point out many cases this comes up and causes issues.

Example: Mage casts mage hand to mess with something in a room ahead, the mage is outside the room and can now "see" inside the room using the mage hand token.
    As you know the spell tokens are not in the CT, so unable to put any effect on the spell token at all, like VISMAX: 1, or whatnot.

For me there are options to go the other way. Example: Casting something the player can see thru, I can then attach the spell token to an NPC and they can use the NPC to see with, which I can put any effects on I want.

But I'm locked into players always having vision from a spell token, and as I said comes up in many cases they should not have LOS.

Side note about DMsG, simply renaming the file anything else other than the previous name, will allow people to download the newest updated.

Tested this with some other Authors and it's working to do that.

Instead of calling it.
    B9_SpellTokens.ext - Wont work
    Call it.
    B9_SpellTokens_v21.ext - Will work

Thread Information