DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 104 First ... 567891757 ... Last
    The challenge right now is that the token ordering code is in the middle of a huge refactoring that cpinder is working on for lighting/vision; so any updates to any image/token logic are gated right now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the useful and comprehensible information.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The challenge right now is that the token ordering code is in the middle of a huge refactoring that cpinder is working on for lighting/vision; so any updates to any image/token logic are gated right now.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the status update JPG.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

No problems asking for help when things dont work....

1. the extension does not come with token graphics, so I assume you have some custom graphics for tokens or you are using a token pack ?
    2. the extension, if enabled, will show in the chat as loaded and give a version number. If this is not happening check the extensions enable for the campaign before you start etc.. ( But sounds like this is working for you. )
    3. if you have the 5e token pack from 'gareth jensen' you need to 'import' the 'SpellTokens.xml' that comes with the extension download. ( It might have a prefix number depending on how you downloaded it off dms guild. )
    4. to import, use 'assets' icon, normally bottom right menu bar, when this opens you should see a 'spell tokens' button on the top left of the assets page. Press this to get the 'spell tokens configuration' window. ( host only )
    5. if you have 'gareth' token pack you can use the 'import spell token xml' button on the bottom of the 'spell tokens configuration' page and point the folder/file popup to the location of the 'spelltokens.xml'
    6. if you have your own custom graphics, then in the 'spell token configuration' page you can 'right click' to show the radial menu and on the 'south' selection should be 'add', which will add a new line. You need set up the name you want and the resolution per 5 feet and drag a token from the 'assets' page ( selected to you token so you can see it.. ) and drag that token into the 'spell tokens configuration' page onto the blank 'circle' empty token space.
    7. (after 5 or 6 ), you should be seeing a list of 'spell tokens' in the 'spell token configuration' page.

you are now 'configured'...

on the character sheet, add a 'power' or a 'spell' with the name that is configured in the 'spell tokens configuration' page, and you should see the token show up on the character sheet to the right of the 'name'. If you 'added' a power, once you set the 'name' you will have to 'reparse' the spell on the right-click radial option, so the system can re-check the final power/spell name you picked....

if you drag on a 'spell' from the spell page for a configured token, it should show without the need to reparse. ( reparse only if you edit the name of the power/spell.. )

now you should have tokens on the character sheet...

once a character is on a 'map' host/dm, you should now be able to drag the token from the character sheet onto the map and it should place and resize as defined in the configuration.

I hope this helps you find the missing steps and sorts out your issue.

If you still have issue, please post a follow up with some images of a new campaign.. its good to try and show the 'chat' windows with the spell tokens version number and the ruleset version numbers, the spell token configuration window ( scroll to the same spell/power as the character sheet ), a character sheet on the actions tab with the spell/power configured as you expect and maybe a map. ( Depends on what stage you have issue etc.. )

Thanks, Pete
    Thank you for the detailed response. I fiddled with it some more and finally figured it out. I was searching for the button labeled "assets" and was convinced that things were not functioning properly because of its absence. But, the spell tokens button is actually located under "tokens" for me (snip attached). Once I found that everything has been smooth sailing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MTFOoB View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response. I fiddled with it some more and finally figured it out. I was searching for the button labeled "assets" and was convinced that things were not functioning properly because of its absence. But, the spell tokens button is actually located under "tokens" for me (snip attached). Once I found that everything has been smooth sailing.
    The name depends of rule set and theme and version of fantasy grounds.

FG unity uses 'assets' in 5e, while FG classic uses 'tokens' in 5e.

From your image you are using FG classic.

Good that you sorted it out.

( I've made a note to update site information with some extra details. )

-pete

Following up, I am now able to apply the tokens to spells, but dragging them and dropping them on a map does nothing. I started a brand new game with only this extension active and it worked.

After troubleshooting, it seems that the extension that is causing a conflict is the CoreRPG Token Helper, which is necessary for the Combat Enhancer for 5E Classic extension to work. I don't expect you to try to fix this, just letting you know in case others purchase before knowing that this is an issue. Snip attached of the debug text.

Debug.PNG

Following up, I am now able to apply the tokens to spells, but dragging them and dropping them on a map does nothing. I started a brand new game with only this extension active and it worked.

After troubleshooting, it seems that the extension that is causing a conflict is the CoreRPG Token Helper, which is necessary for the Combat Enhancer for 5E Classic extension to work. I don't expect you to try to fix this, just letting you know in case others purchase before knowing that this is an issue. Snip attached of the debug text.

Debug.PNG
    I'll take a look, conflicts with other extensions that touch the same area of code can always cause issues.

-pete

Debug.PNG
    Hi, had a quick look at see attached seems to be working. Do I need to do anything in 'coreRPG token Helper' to 'enable' it, could you attach a campaign zip with the minimum 2 extensions you said has the issue ?

Can you tell me the version numbers of extensions, ie screen shot like in mine that shows the initial chat window etc..

thanks, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just letting everybody know, that I added code to select targets when covered by a spell token.

TargetSelection.PNG

With FG unity the tool tip will show you what it thinks is under the cursor, with a '-' for non spell tokens and a '*' marking spell tokens.

Spell tokens are considered when they end in a 'name (name)' style, as marked by my extension.

I could not get FG classic tool tips to show this information, I'll take a further look at some point, but the selection still works.

Todo,

1. I'd like to extend the 'heal/damage' drag from chat onto a token, to also take the cursor token stack selection into account. So you can drag damage onto a token that is covered with a spell token.
    2. I'd like to all 'drag' group of token that are under the spell token, while leaving the spell token. ( Not sure if I can keep the spell token in place as it will be the 'drag' item, or if I'll have to 'pop' it back to its old place...I need to look at what I can do with the code. )

Known Bugs,

1. FGU tokens with non square aspect are not reported correctly. ( I need to report this due to data been passed to the required functions is wrong.. )
    2. If you have multiple maps open it can get confused with the cursor. ( You would expect it to only report updates to the map the cursor is over, but this does not seem to be the case !! )

If you have any feedback, let me know, this should work on 3.5,PF1,PF2,Starfinder if you replace the extension.xml as per the top of the thread.

thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just letting everybody know, that I added code to select targets when covered by a spell token.

TargetSelection.PNG

With FG unity the tool tip will show you what it thinks is under the cursor, with a '-' for non spell tokens and a '*' marking spell tokens.

Spell tokens are considered when they end in a 'name (name)' style, as marked by my extension.

I could not get FG classic tool tips to show this information, I'll take a further look at some point, but the selection still works.

Todo,

1. I'd like to extend the 'heal/damage' drag from chat onto a token, to also take the cursor token stack selection into account. So you can drag damage onto a token that is covered with a spell token.
    2. I'd like to all 'drag' group of token that are under the spell token, while leaving the spell token. ( Not sure if I can keep the spell token in place as it will be the 'drag' item, or if I'll have to 'pop' it back to its old place...I need to look at what I can do with the code. )

Known Bugs,

1. FGU tokens with non square aspect are not reported correctly. ( I need to report this due to data been passed to the required functions is wrong.. )
    2. If you have multiple maps open it can get confused with the cursor. ( You would expect it to only report updates to the map the cursor is over, but this does not seem to be the case !! )

If you have any feedback, let me know, this should work on 3.5,PF1,PF2,Starfinder if you replace the extension.xml as per the top of the thread.

thanks, Pete
    I can't seem to get targeting working, could you elaborate in a little more detail on how to make this happen? Do you mean, that the caster is able to target affected tokens in the CT or is this purely of informative nature using tooltips?
    Everything else works fine and is a true timesaver, thanks!

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Thread Information