FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... Last

[extension] Spell Tokens Extension

B9's Spell Tokens Extension on Forge
    bratch9 profile on Forge

My other extensions can be found on www.dmsguild.com 'Bratch Nine'
    RULESET : 5E, 2E, 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, PFRPG2, SFRPG

This extension is designed to allow tokens to be applied and dragged onto the map a character is on.

I'll add more information at a later date, as people are asking for a thread to post issues away from the dms guild...

NOTE. These are some settings for common available spell token graphic packages
    'B9_SpellTokens.xml' defined spell token settings for DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5e Spell Tokens 2.1
    'B9_SpiritualWeapons.xml' defined spell token settings for Spiritual Weapon Tokens
    'B9_SpellTemplates.xml' defined spell token settings for SW Spell Templates

NOTE. Attached 'GenerateSpellTokenImage.txt', which is a windows batch file and should be renamed to 'GenerateSpellTokenImage.bat'. ( FG only allow txt uploads ) This batch file uses Image Magick to generate blank spell token shapes. It will generate a set of images for circle/square/cone/triangle per usage. The first parameter is the 'size in feet' and the second is the 'pixels per 5 feet'. This allows you to generate a set of 4 png files with the command line 'GenerateSpellTokenImage.bat 30 100', which will generate a blank token for 30 foot radius circle, 30 foot square/cone/triangle at 100 pixels per 5 feet, each with name of the style 'circle_30ft.png'. This batch file has been updated to allow generation of outlined spell tokens with configurable width to the outline.

NOTE. I've also included the Starfinder module which has a grid token that should be made available on the Player/GM starships next to the normal token. This can be dragged onto a map like a spell token to sit on top of the starship token and provide information about forward and arc.

See 'ship-grid.JPG' for location of ship grid token to drag onto a map. ( Red highlight )

Adding a link to some 'animated spell tokens'. ( Note. configuration xml files do not exist for these files, but can be swapped into static spell token configurations with a drag and a change in the 'pixels per 5 unit' value. )

Converted by rhagelstrom,
    https://github.com/rhagelstrom/anima...fects/releases
    https://github.com/rhagelstrom/anima...rtoon/releases
    https://github.com/rhagelstrom/animated-tokens/releases
    https://github.com/rhagelstrom/animated-maps/releases
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bratch9; July 16th, 2023 at 11:38. Reason: updated spell names in B9_SpellTokens.xml

I just got this from the Guild, which one is the most up to date extension?
    5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext
    or
    5E_B9_SpellTokens_v1.8.ext
    ?

Ahoi, I am using FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9
    I set up 'Alarm' and 'Alarm (3rd)' with different tokens, and when I rename the spell and reparse it goes between both tokens..
    For some reason seems to work now, but only when the GM reparses the spell action (not the player).

I'm not sure how to set up this 'locked' mode you talk about, is this a FGU or a FGC ?

Testing token size seems to be set for me when I drag from a character spell onto the map, again this is FGU. ( Are you using FGC ? )
    I originally did not use the new v2 Assets Spell Token size feature. The new feature handles this correctly now and is greatly appreciated. Thanks for that.

To delete a toke from a spell, at the moment, you would have to go into the 'spell token' in the assets section and create a new line with the name of the spell, and leave its token in the 'empty' state.. then re-parse the spell on the character sheet. ( I've added a bug to my list to clear the slot if the associated line in the spell token is removed when re-parsed on the character sheet. )
    I originally used v1.8 where all spell actions had a spell token slot, the new system and coming bug fix sounds perfect. Still have to figure out how to calculate the size without having to do trial & error.

- Where do I find that "Fantasy Grounds Spell Tokens" pack you mention in your product description? A search only points to your extension page here, so I suspect that it is listed under a different name?!

- Spell tokens are placed behind PC tokens, but they are placed in front of all others tokens (especially NPCs) and thus cover them. This is the main problem that keeps me from using the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Ahoi, I am using FGU.

For some reason seems to work now, but only when the GM reparses the spell action (not the player).

I originally did not use the new v2 Assets Spell Token size feature. The new feature handles this correctly now and is greatly appreciated. Thanks for that.

I originally used v1.8 where all spell actions had a spell token slot, the new system and coming bug fix sounds perfect. Still have to figure out how to calculate the size without having to do trial & error.

- Where do I find that "Fantasy Grounds Spell Tokens" pack you mention in your product description? A search only points to your extension page here, so I suspect that it is listed under a different name?!

- Spell tokens are placed behind PC tokens, but they are placed in front of all others tokens (especially NPCs) and thus cover them. This is the main problem that keeps me from using the extension.

I've added a note to check client re-parse for issues.

I'll have a look to see if I can place them under the NPC.

Default token settings are for https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...pell-Tokens-21 if you want to used these in more then the 5E ruleset you need to edit the 'definition.xml' to add the extra rulesets ( see attached file. )

-pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    I just got this from the Guild, which one is the most up to date extension?
    5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext
    or
    5E_B9_SpellTokens_v1.8.ext
    ?
    5E_B9_SpellTokens.ext is the most upto date.

(5E_B9_SpellTokens_v1.8.ext is the older basic 5E only ruleset version for people who dont want to upgrade while the new version gets 'bug fixed' and 'suggestions' added.. )

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I'll have a look to see if I can place them under the NPC.
    That would be great, thanks!

Default token settings are for https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...pell-Tokens-21 if you want to used these in more then the 5E ruleset you need to edit the 'definition.xml' to add the extra rulesets ( see attached file. )
    These look gorgeous, thanks for the updated definition file. Unfortunately they lack grids for Pathfinder, but I may still get them.

That would be great, thanks!

These look gorgeous, thanks for the updated definition file. Unfortunately they lack grids for Pathfinder, but I may still get them.
    Why would tokens need grids ? ( Sorry not a pathfinder player.. )

Like in olden DnD area effects in Pathfinder are not circle based, but grid-based. And the area is smaller in PF compared to DnD.

Main problem remains that fact that FGU places non CT tokens over CT NPC tokens and thus covers/buries them underneath. It's not the fault of the extension and Diablob's similar spell token extension suffers from the same issue.

Like in olden DnD area effects in Pathfinder are not circle based, but grid-based. And the area is smaller in PF compared to DnD.

Main problem remains that fact that FGU places non CT tokens over CT NPC tokens and thus covers/buries them underneath. It's not the fault of the extension and Diablob's similar spell token extension suffers from the same issue.
    Tokens are worse, been looking at it... FGC actually places CT NPC over CT Player tokens, and FGU placed CT Player tokens over CT NPC... And I can not find the 'how' they do this to even think about a fix. ( I suspect it goes outside the lua scripts into code we dont have control over.. )

Some of the spell tokens in the pack are square, but the tokens are mainly D&D and not specific for Pathfinder.. Size and Alpha mask configures these things.. so maybe we need to fix a set of token for Pathfinder that work.. ( I'm not an artist so it not anything I can do.. )

Tokens should be in order added to map (on initial add); and last one moved is on top. It should have nothing to do with whether they are in the CT or not.

JPG

Thread Information