DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 104 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I added an '*' before the string name. Is that what you were looking for?
    Hi,
    Update extension, so it will strip off the '*' as part of the name match.

Have a go, and let me know if you find anything else 4e related that might need fixing.

-pete

I suppose there is still no update or workaround for token stack order (spell token on top of PC's)?

For now my workaround will be to make the spell tokens 50% transparent in Photoshop.

I suppose there is still no update or workaround for token stack order (spell token on top of PC's)?

For now my workaround will be to make the spell tokens 50% transparent in Photoshop.
    At the moment 50% transparent is the only solution, that is why the 'option' for the extended selection was added... ( i assume you turned this option on ? ) and i've done a LOT of code that i should not need to do to select through the stack of tokens and move/move back spell tokens during play. To get this to 'work' as best as possible.

The problem i see is that FG devs have gone with the 'spell template' version in the layer edit for DM/GM, and so i dont see them 'allowing' a code change that make my extension 'work' better than the built in and also for players etc..

Before the 4.10 update, in FGU i could 'hold' an incorrect 'going to move with the drag' in place, but the draw order was changed to match FGC and in that change the code broke this 'hack'. I've not found a good 'work around' for layer order, but I might try and talk with the dev team again now the FG classic development/updates are stopping.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    At the moment 50% transparent is the only solution, that is why the 'option' for the extended selection was added... ( i assume you turned this option on ? )

-pete
    I am not seeing any difference with "extended selection" enabled or disabled. Its not showing the token stack names in a list but it does show the individual token names and I can always select the NPC or PC token under the spell token.

Is there a way to make the selected token more transparent? Probably not but thought I would ask anyway. Moving both tokens at the same time is difficult because its hard to see the map beneath.

I am not seeing any difference with "extended selection" enabled or disabled. Its not showing the token stack names in a list but it does show the individual token names and I can always select the NPC or PC token under the spell token.

pre FGU 4.10 release I did show the token stack list as per the extension, but only for the GM as the 'player' side had no special case move requirement.

post FGU 4.10 release, when they moved the better FGU draw order, to be in line with the poor FGC draw order... This causes the need to have both GM and player move control as I did not want to 'clutter' up the player view.. so spent a lot of time making sure that the player/npc tokens were normally moved even if they were below a spell token. ( As I say sometime it has to move both, normally is the spell token is on top as that becomes the 'drag' item.. and then I move the spell token back. )

because in 'most' situation the player/npc token now is moved, and inconsistencies on been able to show the tool tip between FGC/FGU, i took this 'list' away.

-pete

Is there a way to make the selected token more transparent? Probably not but thought I would ask anyway. Moving both tokens at the same time is difficult because its hard to see the map beneath.

quick answer is no, because we have no api control of the alpha of basically anything !!

-pete

Yes, not sure what I did but I am now getting an error. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_spell_token_drop.lua"]:108: attempt to index local 'nodeChecker' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by KlayHaviland View Post
    Yes, not sure what I did but I am now getting an error. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_spell_token_drop.lua"]:108: attempt to index local 'nodeChecker' (a nil value)
    Well that file is part of 'critically awesome' extension and not mine, could you report it to the correct forum.

( You might also want to check if you can reproduce it, if you are using my extension with critically awesome, with and without either extension.. to see if its a combination of extension issue or not. As that might need a solution at either end. )

Thanks, Pete.

I was so excited to buy this, but now that I have it, I cannot select NPCs under a spell to move them or assign their targets for their attacks. I have tried your setting tip and it doesn't show a tooltip and let me select anything under the spell token layer. Any advice? Currently I don't see how I can use this if I have to move the spell token every time I want to do something as an NPC that's been covered up under a spell token. I can't seem to figure out a way to select the NPCs at all for movement or anything if they are covered by a spell.

Thread Information