DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 69 of 105 First ... 1959676869707179 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    right click the spell, hold shift, and while holding shift click reparse.
    This is correct, thanks MrDDT for the quick response.

I'm thinking of removing the 'clear' double click, or do people still want a way to remove a spell token from the character sheet if they are not going to be using it. ( But the DM configured it for use etc.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I do think its a bit to easy to clear it, I know a lot of people clear it by mistake. Maybe use another combo of keys/mouse to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do think its a bit to easy to clear it, I know a lot of people clear it by mistake. Maybe use another combo of keys/mouse to clear it.
    I could change to to have shift+ctrl+double click... but mainly people read the help text and tend to think more that it will clear the spell token off the map and not off the character...

But thinking about changing it.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hey Pete,
    My group found and exploited a bug in your spell token extension last night.
    I am using the spell tokens not only for player spells but also monster spells. Those NPCs are usually unidentified - I put the type into the unidentified name attribute (e.g. "outsider", or "animal") and only after a knowledge (survival) check, they get them named. When such an unidentified critter casts a spell with a token, the token owner is shown when hovering over the spell token. However - this is the identified name, even if the critter is still unknown.
    Can you please add a check if the caster of the spell is identified or not and use the corresponding attribute for ownership?
    Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hey Pete,
    My group found and exploited a bug in your spell token extension last night.
    I am using the spell tokens not only for player spells but also monster spells. Those NPCs are usually unidentified - I put the type into the unidentified name attribute (e.g. "outsider", or "animal") and only after a knowledge (survival) check, they get them named. When such an unidentified critter casts a spell with a token, the token owner is shown when hovering over the spell token. However - this is the identified name, even if the critter is still unknown.
    Can you please add a check if the caster of the spell is identified or not and use the corresponding attribute for ownership?
    Many thanks in advance!
    Hi, This has been an issue from the start, it does not come up very often. I'll add it, as I know a lot has changed in the ruleset with addition of extra functions. ( I think they have now added 'ResolveName', in the time of the extension you had to do a number of hoop jumps to get the name consistently... so maybe its been sorted not.. )

I'm looking at a bigger changed to spell tokens, so will add this into the re-write code as I split it into the CommonCore and SpellToken extension.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi, This has been an issue from the start, it does not come up very often. I'll add it, as I know a lot has changed in the ruleset with addition of extra functions. ( I think they have now added 'ResolveName', in the time of the extension you had to do a number of hoop jumps to get the name consistently... so maybe its been sorted not.. )

I'm looking at a bigger changed to spell tokens, so will add this into the re-write code as I split it into the CommonCore and SpellToken extension.

-pete
    Awesome, thank you for providing this magic, this changes the landscape of how we see FGU thank you so much.

Don't know if you have been on TEST but I was on TEST and I saw this ext was throwing an error. I know it made not matter until it is live but I thought I would pass it along:
    [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (image_record_step), skipped. [B9_SpellTokens] [scripts/template_B9ST.xml]

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi, This has been an issue from the start, it does not come up very often.
    Okay, thanks - I must have missed that. Came really as a surprise.

I'll add it, as I know a lot has changed in the ruleset with addition of extra functions.
    Thanks - that would be great! Any idea on a time line? I have some upcoming bigger battle - guess I need to rename everything before to avoid a spoiler (unless you say: in two weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Okay, thanks - I must have missed that. Came really as a surprise.

Thanks - that would be great! Any idea on a time line? I have some upcoming bigger battle - guess I need to rename everything before to avoid a spoiler (unless you say: in two weeks).
    No idea on the timeline, i'm very busy with my work, so you might have noticed not a lot of updates on the extensions for a while. ( Mainly just ruleset 'fix' changes that need to be made.. )

I've been doing some 'tests' of things that are just not ready to either be added/changed in current extensions or make into new extensions.

Sorry I can not say when I'll get around to looking into this further.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information