DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 64 of 105 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I guess my point is letting the GM add the hidden npcs, allows the GM the choice of what information to share and when. In the case of the wagon, I would have not added them to the target list (those inside) and the party would not have that information. When the player uses their token, they can picked up new information before I am ready to share or should share. I understand that at some point the information will be know (appearing on the target list). It is just a matter of when. As it is right now, when they target they get all the npcs alerting them to the presence of the ones in the wagon even though they can not be effected by the spell. Forcing me to remove them from their target list but now the info is out there. This caught me off guard.

In the case of the bats, I would add them and they would get the information but that is fine since it is the best that can be done at this time. When npcs are in buildings and other full cover, I think it would be better to let the GM add them or not. Even if this means a more manual process under different circumstances like the bat (which would have been done automatically with the spell tokens function currently).

This is really my preference, hence I thought an option to let others play the way they want would make sense but may be too much work.

Just giving my 2 cents.

I don't want different lists so sorry if that came across that way.

I currently just keep npcs off the map that are behind total cover and add them back at the correct time. It is more work but it is the current system we have. Either way the spell tokens are worth the work, at least in my games.

I hope this helps explain my position better.
    yep, and i think we agree. I've added a todo item to check for visible.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    yep, and i think we agree. I've added a todo item to check for visible.

-pete
    Cool. Looking forward it! Thanks!

v6.68 is now released and should not select hidden npc for the player.

let me know if you have any issues..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v6.68 is now released and should not select hidden npc for the player.

let me know if you have any issues..

-pete
    We will test it this weekend as a group. I will test it on my tonight. Thanks!

Edit: Working as you described. I am shocked you did not make it an option since I am sure not everyone would play it the way we described but either way thanks!
    Last edited by nephranka; March 9th, 2022 at 01:10.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    We will test it this weekend as a group. I will test it on my tonight. Thanks!

Edit: Working as you described. I am shocked you did not make it an option since I am sure not everyone would play it the way we described but either way thanks!
    I made it the default, because if the player was not using spell tokens, that player could only ctrl-click on visible npc to target. So it follows the standard of what happens in targeting by default.

If people want I can 'option' the ability to auto select hidden for player.

But I wanted to keep it more inline with how the target system works by default.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I made it the default, because if the player was not using spell tokens, that player could only ctrl-click on visible npc to target. So it follows the standard of what happens in targeting by default.

If people want I can 'option' the ability to auto select hidden for player.

But I wanted to keep it more inline with how the target system works by default.

-pete
    Makes sense. Thanks again for the fast turn around. It happens more in play than you think...at least for me.

v6.69 fix radial token rotate buttons for high rotation support.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Added a batch file to the start of this thread, 'GenerateSpellTokenImage.txt' ( FG only allow TXT uploads, rename to '.bat' ) which uses ImageMagick to generate blank spell token png given a 'size in feet' and 'pixels per 5 feet'.

It should help people who want to create spell tokens as this can then be loaded in photoshop/gimp and the blank color replaced with an image. The alpha is setup as the shape.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v6.7 updated, added extra cone shapes. So now the system has 'cone narrow' and 'cone wide' options to cover the 5e narrow code and the wider cones of pathfinder. Also added 'centred' version of code which waste some image space to allow it to rotate around the cone fire point. Also updated the 'GenerateSpellTokenImage.txt' (.bat) file to generate these extra shapes, and added a section that can be enabled to also generate 35x35 pixel icons with the shape and a blue centre/rotation point.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Just a note on the new released 'Version 4.2.0 (2022-05)', this lists a number of api changes that adjust the 'units' space. I'm sure this is going to impact token placement/hit box/movement.

I'll try and take a look at this and release an update soon.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information