DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 104 of 104 First ... 45494102103104
    I had filed a request to check on the status of this product with the DMsGuild. I got a message saying the product link had been updated in my library yesterday. The current version of the product that downloads is v7.21.

Quote Originally Posted by JetDocDrugDoc View Post
    I had filed a request to check on the status of this product with the DMsGuild. I got a message saying the product link had been updated in my library yesterday. The current version of the product that downloads is v7.21.
    Thank you for the feedback, v7.21 is the current version.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v7.22 fixed warnings on the spell token configuration/suffix windows due to changes in fgu 4.5.0

Update is on forge and DMsGuild.

I noticed a number of 'pointer' issues over spell tokens in the top-down, which I'll take a look at later. ( looks like the system is not reporting cursor updates in the full rectangle of the sprite, so might be a FG Dev fix required... ) Also makes a mess of the 'target' selection and the 'priority low/high' radial selection due to conflict with the new radial 'bring to front/back' that has been added, the spell token extensions override correct but can leave one of these when I should probably 'clear' off the one not required and have some way to do this. Its also possible that the 'jiggle' tokens to sort might be possible depending on how FG Dev processed the to front/back of the tokens. ( Or if they even exposed that to lua !! )

But wanted to clear off any basic 'issues' with the latest update. I'll try and get some more time to fix these issues and think about how the 2.5D can work.. ( I sort of hope I can get flat tokens on the 2.5D as we need to keep the token shape on the flat part of the 2.5D map !!

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Token selection issues can be replicated with no extensions loaded, so I've reported it to the Devs..

FGU 4.5.1 Image Token Selection area not taking rotation into account

I'll let people know when this has been fixed.

The 'target' friend/foe does select the correct area - token, its only the cursor selection drag/move/rotate in top down view that misses out on the corners for selection.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Token selection issues can be replicated with no extensions loaded, so I've reported it to the Devs..

FGU 4.5.1 Image Token Selection area not taking rotation into account

I'll let people know when this has been fixed.

The 'target' friend/foe does select the correct area - token, its only the cursor selection drag/move/rotate in top down view that misses out on the corners for selection.

-pete
    The rotation issue of token selection if fixed with FGU 4.5.2.

But now the 'Alpha' selection is causing an issue. FGU looks to use alpha 128 as the threshold value of if the pixel is 'visible' or 'not visible'. Which seems very high to me, I've DM'ed the dev team to see if we have any lua control on this threshold or if it can be reduced to 'alpha zero' as the test for pixel selection.

At the moment something like the 'cone of cold', only the very corners of the spell token are considered as token pixels, when you get more centre its not considered..

Only the 'red' marked areas are considered as part of the token, with such a 'high' 128 alpha selection.

cone1.JPG

Since we do not get any token updates for pixels below alpha 128, it removes a lot of the updates for spell token and so make them invalid.

As I get more information I'll update the thread.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I am not sure if this is the same/related issue which has been discussed, but with FG 4.5.X and this extension loaded, targetting and selection mode do not work properly. Either seems to work the first time except sometimes the cursor does not change shape and the button for the relative mode remains in the pressed state. After the first use neither selection/targetting works any more. The other related buttons (clear targets, target friendly, target foes) work fine.

The problem happens with only this extension and B9 core loaded, with no spell tokens placed on the map. With B9 core by itself, or no extensions at all, everything works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by snupy View Post
    I am not sure if this is the same/related issue which has been discussed, but with FG 4.5.X and this extension loaded, targetting and selection mode do not work properly. Either seems to work the first time except sometimes the cursor does not change shape and the button for the relative mode remains in the pressed state. After the first use neither selection/targetting works any more. The other related buttons (clear targets, target friendly, target foes) work fine.

The problem happens with only this extension and B9 core loaded, with no spell tokens placed on the map. With B9 core by itself, or no extensions at all, everything works properly.
    This is as talked above is an issue with the FGU 4.5.x versions. Some issues have now been fixed, like rotation and the alpha threshold. But at the moment FGU only uses 1 alpha texture for every token on the map. It got past QA because most player/npc tokens will be much the same circle shape. When it was exposed with the very large and different shapes of the spell tokens.

This has been fixed at the dev side now, and I expect it to be in the FGU 4.5.3 version.

Until then, its very hard to say what else is broken in my extension due to the way selection has changed and the lua callbacks that happen.

So lets hope the 4.5.3 release is soon, and I can then start looking to fix the top down selections. The 2.5D view I'll probably disable, as the spell tokens then up been camera aligned instead of flat to the ground !!

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information