DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 86 of 105 First ... 3676848586878896 ... Last
    Problem is that without it, the token-grow problem can become terminal. Tokens can grow so big as to freeze FGU. The only solution becomes deleting the token and trying to be very careful in adjusting it at all to avoid the ever-increasing size issue. All of which makes any “fine-tuning” essentially irrelevant.

This is also why I used ALT as the scale option key. If the normal CTRL key sizing work, great, but if the grow problem occurs, I have a way to recover easily without upending the game.

I raised this issue in Discord months ago when it first popped uo. Others had experienced it and this ext seemed the best solution. It’s worked great for me since, but if you can figure out the underlying issue that would be even better obviously.

Thanks.

I did not think to check the spell token functionality. I will do that later today after work. Thank you for the follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vague View Post
    I did not think to check the spell token functionality. I will do that later today after work. Thank you for the follow-up.
    v7.15 should fix the <ctrl>+wheel scale issue.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Well, everything seems to function as it should with Spell Tokens (that I can tell). When 7.15 rolls out I'll be able to stop using the shortcut extension, but for now this will work.

Thanks to both Bratch9 and Gawain the Great!

Getting a 27 Stack Overflow error. Haven't used FG in a few months. I did update everything today though

So, I'm probably doing something wrong myself

Quote Originally Posted by Morik View Post
    Getting a 27 Stack Overflow error. Haven't used FG in a few months. I did update everything today though
    I hope you have figured out your issue, if you are still getting stack overflow error then please provide a screen shot to show the location. I can then see what possible situations can cause that, as it might be from an 'upgrade/update' caused by the long non-use of FG doing a lot of updates. This allows me to decide if its code issue(s) I need to protect against or code that just resolves its self by doing a 'something' that I then need to make people know about if we see it again etc.

But I hope from your other message you have sorted it out.

( I did a latest update just to check that nothing new in the last day or so from SW/FG was causing this issue, and I did not have any stack overflow issues on my quick test. )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

G'day there. We noticed that when a PC cast a spell at a target in a room using a spell token, a creature in the next room was now visible to the players via the spell token, having los from the spell token.
    Screenshot (980).png
    I have played around with all the options and have not been able to prevent it from happening in this campaign.
    I have removed all ext in that campaign and it still occurs.
    I opened another campaign with no extensions and the spell token did not grant los
    Screenshot (978).png (RH part of image is PC instance)
    Both campaigns are d&d 4E
    No other extensions
    Win 10 16g ram
    Cheers
    Last edited by Maldev; June 3rd, 2023 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day there. We noticed that when a PC cast a spell at a target in a room using a spell token, a creature in the next room was now visible to the players via the spell token, having los from the spell token.
    Screenshot (980).png
    I have played around with all the options and have not been able to prevent it from happening in this campaign.
    I have removed all ext in that campaign and it still occurs.
    I opened another campaign with no extensions and the spell token did not grant los
    Screenshot (978).png (RH part of image is PC instance)
    Both campaigns are d&d 4E
    No other extensions
    Win 10 16g ram
    Cheers
    Yep this is as expected, the spell tokens are 'part of your group.' So depending on if you have the spell token 'selected' ( Which all spell tokens are marked as non-selectable, which FG does not seem to care about this setting !! ) You can see its 'vision' and it can be added into your group/player vision. Just like un-selecting your player token, gives you access to the total party vision from all players which also shows extra tokens that might not be visible to a specific player.

As an extension, access to the LOS control is basically non-existent, so I have to balance what is turned on. For example, I could probably stop this, but then your player might also not be able to see the spell token unless they move to it. My guess is that if a player places a spell token outside that players LOS and then can not see it to move it, you would have a different issue request to make it visible ? ( So its a balance, making it part of the players group causes it to have LOS options that might add to your group/player vision. )

When the extension is not enabled, it becomes a 'normal' layer outside the token system hence the difference in vision as its now not considered as a token for LOS.

This forms the vision/selection control in the code,
    token.setName(name);
    token.setActivable(true);
    token.setActive(false);
    token.setActivable(false);
    token.setVisible(nil);
    token.setTargetable(false);
    token.setPublicEdit(false);
    token.setPublicVision(false);
    if owner ~= "" then
    token.setOwner(owner);
    token.setVisible(true);
    if OptionsManager.isOption("TPTY", "on") then
    token.setPublicEdit(true);
    token.setPublicVision(true);
    end
    end

As you can see I make it 'Activable' to then allow me access to make it not active [setActive(false)] before setting it to not be Activable, I sets its vision to 'nil' and make it a single vision entity. If you are a player ( ie it has an owner, DM tokens do not get owner ), I set its owner to match and make it visible. Then check the 'group' vision option to enable the public control/group vision setting.

So this configuration basically matches what happens to a player token.

I dont see it as a massive issue, in most cases I try and keep spell tokens not selected. But if you do hand select it, even when its set as not-active and not-targetable, what FG decides to do it upto them. I just dont have control over the resultant LOS.

SW did add some new 'layer' bitmap control functions, I have a forum post on these undocumented functions, but the selection would not allow me to move spell tokens onto a 'layer'. These new layer functions are used in the new, since 4.3.3 release, death blood splats. Only the function to 'add' were created, so they can not be 'moved' around or 'deleted'. The only way to delete them is to delete the full 'layer' and clear all death markers ( a button is added to clear all death markers. )

The biggest issue with spell tokens is that SW method of spell tokens is you have your DM manually place them on a layer in the edit map, so they feel that spell tokens are 'done' from a code point of view. This makes getting changes to the API basically impossible. ( Or improbable )

My suggestion would be to not 'select' a spell token, in normal drag options I try and keep it not selected, in most cases the player would then only see if they 'deselected' the player token to get to 'group' vision mode.

Since spell tokens can also have 'light effect' with them, this also complicates the LOS.

Sorry this might cause you some issues, but from a DM point of view you could 'hide' the NPC's when they are on the map but not been seen yet. As this seems to be the case in your 'issue' situation, that the players have not reached that area yet and the spell token is giving them vision from its selected point of view. ( Note if it did not have vision of any kind, the map would be total 'black' with just the green ring showing, which is not a good view. )

If we ever get better access to api, and I do use multiple undocumented api functions, then I'll review what can be controlled.

But for now, I think my longer than you probably wanted answer is 'its is what is expected' and I have limited control on it.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 3rd, 2023 at 12:21.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

All good Pete.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain it
    It's not a big problem, I only posted because I couldn't figure it out on my own!
    Cheers

Thread Information