DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 51 of 104 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    bractch9, are you still providing updates to this extension on DMsGuild for those who previously purchased it there? Thank you in advance for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Thanks, That really helped
    Cheers
    What does the "pixels per 5 units" and "Collision percentage" mean/do?
    'pixels per 5 units' is the translation from graphics size to the grid square on the map. ( Normally grid squares are 5ft in 5e, so its basically number of graphics pixels to the 5ft grid square. )

If you have a spell token graphic that is for a 20ft square effect, with normal 5e setting this would define an effect that is 4x4 grid squares. ( 20ft/5ft = 4 ) With a graphics for this that is 200x200 pixels you would set the 'pixels per 5 units' = 50 ( 200/4=50 ). Its basically a measure of number of pixels of the graphic token that maps to a grid square.

[ Its got odd wording as this changes with ruleset to be more generic, which is also why the 'suffix' extra config screen is available for mapping when using 'meters' instead of 'ft'. Also for the likes of dnd 4e which uses 1 unit per grid square. Most cases you just want to divide the graphic pixel resolution by the number of grid squares you want it to cover. ]

'Collision percentage' allow the shape checked to be reduced relative to the display on the screen. This can help with 'selection' relative to the grid. At 100% on a circle spell token the system will 'target' players/npc at full radius, but this might over selection depending on position around the circle. This of say the 45 degree point of the circle which might 'just' clip into the corner of a grid square. This would then force a token in this grid to be selected. Which 'correct' that the effect goes into that square and the player/npc is in that square, most players would consider this 'not' a target. So if you want to be very 'strict' you can leave this at 100%. If you find your game and players this its 'over selecting', then feel free to nudge this down until you are happy with the selection.

Before the 'collision percentage' you have to adjust this with the 'pixels per 5 unit' value, but then the graphic on screen would be 'small' for the area. So the 'collision percentage' allow you to have a full size graphic token for the effect ( which might have a soft edge to the graphic ) and adjust the selection area between strict ( at 100% ) and been a bit 'loose' with maybe 95%.

This also allow you to have a spell token graphic that fits bigger than the effect, at a 20ft square effect that should take up 4x4 grid squares, been drawn to fit on a 6x6 grid squares to allow for the 'edge' fade off for the 'look' of the effect. ( This maybe fireball with its main 30ft radius but with a 35ft radius graphic to show the edge effect. ) So you can 'correct' the selection with the 'collision percentage' to get it back to 30ft radius selection.

Its not too complex once you get used to it, but because I dont know if you are using 10ft per grid square and if this been set to 1 unit or 5 units per grid square in the way the map is configured and how your spell tokens are drawn to the size or 'over sized for effect', the system has to have configurations for these things.

-pete

Again, thanks for the info
    I am playing 4E d&d, so it's a bit trickier. However so far I am happy with how it's going.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    bractch9, are you still providing updates to this extension on DMsGuild for those who previously purchased it there? Thank you in advance for your time.
    For FGU, yes the DMsGuild will be getting an update. It has been delayed due to personal/work issue that pulled me away. ( Which is why the forge version has not been updated either for a little while. )

I wanted to get this round of 'features' working in forge and getting it stable without having to do extra updates into DMsGuild. Once the 'select friend' side of the code is added then the forge version will be stable and at a good feature level. So will be doing an update on both forge and DMsGuild.

[ I will have to 'adjust' the DMsGuild side a bit to make sure the non-update for the FGC version ext/mod is marked up correct and clear. Which is why I've been working in the clean FGU forge version. ]

This should happen this week at some point, but depends if real work dumps a bunch of extra on me !!

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Again, thanks for the info
    I am playing 4E d&d, so it's a bit trickier. However so far I am happy with how it's going.
    Cheers
    Yes some of this is because of the 'odd' 4e use of 1 unit per grid square, so distances are different.

In most cases assume setting up as 5e rules and the 4e side is 'scaled' internally by default by 5. This allows the 'spelltoken.xml' template to be imported in both 4e and 5e ( and other rulesets ) and the values work. Without the need for ruleset specific xml configs.

-pete

update,

v6.4 adds a 'friend' target selection button, and if 'shift' is pressed on either target selection it will select 'all'.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    update,

v6.4 adds a 'friend' target selection button, and if 'shift' is pressed on either target selection it will select 'all'.
    Exciting news! I will test it out this weekend. Thank you!

Seems to work as advertised. Thanks for that!

Just processed updating the DMsGuild side of this extension, now that the forge version is back to been stable.

Because of this I've renamed the spelltoken/template.xml with a 'B9_' at the start of this thread to keep a consistent set of files around and to help simplify keeping Forge and DMsGuild in sync.

On the DMsGuild, the old v4.1 is now been used for the FGC and these files have an '_FGC' in the filename and the latest v6.4 for FGU has been uploaded.

The DMsGuild FGC version will no longer be updated. The FGU version I will try and keep in sync, but the DMsGuild might end up been a few builds behind and then catch up in one jump. ( It depends of the changes. )

How do you get the spell icon to show up in the P2e datasets?

Thread Information