STAR TREK 2d20
Page 75 of 104 First ... 2565737475767785 ... Last
    Following up on Farnaby's post, I'm the creator of Decked Out. I'm happy to take a look at the code and see if I can find the issue. Is there a code repo I can look at?

The code for Decked Out is available on github, and if I had to guess I'd say the collision is in how we have both registered callbacks when shortcut is dropped on an image. The code for mine is in decked_out_events.lua in the onCardDroppedOnImage() function (which is registered with ImageManager as a callback when a shortcut is dropped on an image.

Having two registered callbacks doesn't look like it should cause any problems, but unless I can see the code for Spell Tokens I won't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Following up on Farnaby's post, I'm the creator of Decked Out. I'm happy to take a look at the code and see if I can find the issue. Is there a code repo I can look at?

The code for Decked Out is available on github, and if I had to guess I'd say the collision is in how we have both registered callbacks when shortcut is dropped on an image. The code for mine is in decked_out_events.lua in the onCardDroppedOnImage() function (which is registered with ImageManager as a callback when a shortcut is dropped on an image.

Having two registered callbacks doesn't look like it should cause any problems, but unless I can see the code for Spell Tokens I won't know for sure.
    Hi,

When you released it a while ago, I grabbed it on forge and had a quick look.. I suspected with the overrides in 'image' it was going to clash with spell tokens, if I recall my quick look at the source. I'm not sure what happens with the image onDrop when multiple extensions extend this. Unlike other functions that can be extended, because this is a replacement function of a pure class its a little different.

It also looks like FGU has changed some of the onDrop for images and moved it from the campaign source tree into the scripts source tree and manage_image... I've not looked into these changes and they could also reflect the non-selectable targets for npc issues other people are having.. Not related to your extensions..

Because your extension is much newer, you might be using the newer systems and my extension not been updated might be forcing in parts of the old system and causing a mix. I've been trying to get time to basically re-write spell token extension, but only been getting time to quick patch reported bugs.

I'll take a look when I have more time, but I suspect it might be more complex to sort out than you think because spell tokens digs deep into replacement features of the image system... Basically I re-do much of the selection and pointer handling the game does on images in c# native with special lua versions due to no-api access between the c# and lua. Because the selection pointer has to deal with the different spell token shapes and rotations and tokens stacked on top of each other... ( I wish we had better api access !!! )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I suspected with the overrides in 'image' it was going to clash with spell tokens, if I recall my quick look at the source. I'm not sure what happens with the image onDrop when multiple extensions extend this. Unlike other functions that can be extended, because this is a replacement function of a pure class its a little different.

It also looks like FGU has changed some of the onDrop for images and moved it from the campaign source tree into the scripts source tree and manage_image... I've not looked into these changes and they could also reflect the non-selectable targets for npc issues other people are having.. Not related to your extensions..
    This sounds like it could be correct. I don't actually override anything in ImageManager or in the imagerecord class. I register a drop callback using ImageManager.registerDropCallback("shortcut"). It could be that Spell Tokens is overriding some more root level functions that are causing my functions to not fire with the normal callback resolution.

EDIT: With regards to overrides in image, maybe you're thinking about Natural Selection, another extension I released? That one does override some image functions, though folks have reported Natural Selection and Spell Tokens work perfectly fine together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    I've been loving the B9 Spell Token extension. It's been working great for months. Bullet-proof, in fact. (I have had so much fun with it, I make Spell Tokens for everything--even things that aren't strictly spells, like Barbarian Rage.)

However, in the past day or so (and during last night's game), the Spell Tokens aren't connecting to the Token onto which they are dropped like they used to. Usually, I drop a Spell Token on top of a PC/NPC token and it sort of clicks/connects to it, and when I move the PC/NPC token, the Spell Token goes with it.

Now it isn't doing that. I have turned off the extension I thought might be causing the problem--Natural Selection. And I even turned off ***. GM, just to be safe. Nothing else seems to have changed in my game from when the Spell Tokens were working and now, when they aren't.

Any suggestions where to look for a solution? Thanks for the great extension!
    v7.4 should resolve this issue.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Your extension doesn't play well with the Decked Out extension.
    The Decked Out extension gives players cards (bridge, hero point, etc.) and you can drag these cards onto an image.
    Attachment 56017
    But when your extension is enabled I can only create pins.
    Attachment 56018

I have informed the creator of the Decked out extension as well.
    v7.4 should resolve this issue.. Let me know if you spot anything else not functional between the 2 extensions.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    This sounds like it could be correct. I don't actually override anything in ImageManager or in the imagerecord class. I register a drop callback using ImageManager.registerDropCallback("shortcut"). It could be that Spell Tokens is overriding some more root level functions that are causing my functions to not fire with the normal callback resolution.

EDIT: With regards to overrides in image, maybe you're thinking about Natural Selection, another extension I released? That one does override some image functions, though folks have reported Natural Selection and Spell Tokens work perfectly fine together.
    Ive added a manual call into your function from my extensions, as this is quicker than re-doing a bunch of code at my side for the changed new registerDropCallback process.. ( I'll have to upgrade to this new process at some point, but that is a bigger fix to do later.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v7.4 has been released.

Fixes,
    Integration with DeckedOut.
    Fixes 'locked' to npc/player spell token and combined drag.
    Fixes NPC radial target system.
    Fixes spell token's been resized on start of FGU.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Tested it out, and it works great again. I'll go through and test it a bit in different setups, and let you know if I find any issues.

Thanks so much for the quick fix. Love it.

GG

Just tried it out and they both play well together.

Thank you so much.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it worked for 2e D&D. Just throwing it out there.

Thread Information