STAR TREK 2d20

tears for no decals with Tasha's

haha just as the title says. Guess i have to finally figure out how to make my own. I'm on a mac so no decal maker software for me.

I agree, I love the new decals that used to come with WotC books. Really wish they would continue to do Decals.

Blog Entries
    www.fg-con.com has a tutorial in the download section.

I think they stopped doing them because of the large number of support tickets they got from people turning on every decal they had in a campaign and causing problems.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As LordEntrails mentioned, there were performance issues with GMs turning on every decal extension available - each decal is loaded when the campaign starts, even if it isn't displayed. This occurs on the GM and the Player Side. Loading a bunch of decal extensions were causing big resource issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

But until one starts removing decals, the problem will persist. Worst of both worlds, both no decals and still performance issues. How about renaming the decals, for example "D&D decal (choose only one)"?

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    But until one starts removing decals, the problem will persist. Worst of both worlds, both no decals and still performance issues. How about renaming the decals, for example "D&D decal (choose only one)"?
    Alternate solution: Change the decal list from a checkbox select all to a radial button select one. (requires moving it out of the extensions list).

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Alternate solution: Change the decal list from a checkbox select all to a radial button select one. (requires moving it out of the extensions list).
    That's the real solution, but it involves programming. I was looking for a workaround which could be swiftly implemented.

Thread Information