STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I just updated FGU and my campaigns are not loading.

Good morning, friends.

I just updated FGU and it downloaded a bunch of updates but now my two campaigns are not showing up in the list of campaigns to load. I looked in the folder and they are both still there and it appears all the files are in the folders as well. It is not an old campaign, it is only three or four days old and myself and my players were really enjoying it. Is there any way to recover the campaigns?
    Last edited by xTheCanadian; January 7th, 2021 at 13:13.

Please provide a screenshot of your FG data campaigns directory. To do this, open FGU and click the folder icon in the top left - this opens a file explorer window. Navigate to campaigns do you see your campaigns?

If you do see them, set the file explorer view to "Details" (so that size, date, etc. are shown). Enter a directory for one of the campaigns and provide a screenshot of the contents of that directory - showing the file details, dates, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the quick reply, here is the information you asked for in these images https://imgur.com/a/IBIsfgn

EDIT: I just realized that the images are small, if you need bigger ones I can do that. Not sure why they were shrunk down like that... should have been 1920*1080 ish
    Last edited by xTheCanadian; January 7th, 2021 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by xTheCanadian View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply, here is the information you asked for in these images https://imgur.com/a/IBIsfgn
    Thanks for the info. That looks fine.

Could you please provide a screenshot of FGU on the load campaigns screen? Showing the whole of the FGU window (so we can see the version, etc. as well as the Select campaign list).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

https://imgur.com/OG5PqII

There you go bud, this is the right image, right?

Yeah, that's the right image. Everything looks fine there too.

You could try making a copy of one of the campaign directories and rename it to something simple (no commas, exclamation marks, etc.). But I don't think that's the issue as I can see and load a campaign with the same name.

With FGU open, click the three-horizontal bar icon in the top left (to the left of the folder icon) and click the "Compile logs" button - this creates a zip file on your computer's desktop. Please attach that to the thread here. Hopefully that will give an indication why it won't show your campaigns.

Here's the logs and I copied one of my campaigns and renamed it to just "Insanity" (Without the quotation marks)
    Attached Files Attached Files

There's no errors or any indicators of an issue in those logs. This is a weird one.

Please click the "Settings" button on the start screen. Then go to the "Advanced" tab. What is the "App" directory? And what is the "Build Channel"?

It says build channel is "Live"

And what is the "App" directory showing on that screen showing?

If you create a new campaign, close FGU down. Then re-open FGU - do you see that new campaign? Has it been created in the same directory as the other campaigns?

Thread Information