FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Rolemaster - merp

I'm new to the Rolemaster universe, I'm going to participate in a MERP table, but I would like to know if one day an extension will be developed so that we can play MERP on the Rolemaster with the exclusive Races, Professions and most importantly we will have a way to automatically define the Adolescent skills that are quite "exclusive" to the Races contained in the MERP.

Well MERP is basically Rolemaster already with just fewer classes. The adolescent skills can all be manually entered so not a barrier and the races are exactly the same as RM as well. Only the original MERP had fewer classes, but the later MERP used almost all of RM. Not sure what you are missing. I do like things automated as much as possible, but the only thing really missing is a adolescent skill table which is only needed at lvl 0 anyway???

Oh yes, I thought I could create a termplate, where the race was chosen, I could already have the adolescence skills that are used only in level 0 after that, just proceed in the usual Rolemaster way. And I was seeing there are some different fields to determine how the perosnagem acts, its alignment and some values of Stats and RR are different, at least in the MERP book I consulted, but it can be an outdated version.

There will probably not ever be anything official as far as MERP is concerned. ICE lost the rights to it long ago now, and the new holders would probably not appreciate anyone trying publish it again.

You can add the races fairly easily to RM from MERP, you's just have to expand them to 10 stats instead of the 6 in the original MERP rules.

To add a race, just drag/drop on of the existing races and unlock it to modify it.

I did it all back before the CoreRPG conversion, so it took a bit more time, but was not all that difficult.

It was exactly what I thought of doing and then in the description part, put what is in the book and create a table with the adolescence skills of each race as a query and then in the worst case scenario create characters, with the races and skills of adolescence as a base, leave the Game Master as the owner and duplicate, based on what the player chooses.

The description for the race is a formatted text field so you could create a heading at the bottom of the description with "Adolescence Skill Ranks" and then just drag each skill to the description and add a way showing the number of ranks for that skill. Then the PC can select their race. Open the race link. Drag each skill to their character sheet and update the number of ranks.

I made only one Race to test.

Moderator - removed module containing copyright information.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 20th, 2020 at 19:30.

Updated the Module file.
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; November 19th, 2020 at 03:25.

You will find that most of the later MERP books are written with Rolemaster rules/monsters/characters stat blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I made only one Race to test.

Moderator - removed module containing copyright information.
    Please don't post anything on these forums that includes copyright information - unless you have permission from the copyright holder.

You included artwork that is copyright, and a lot of copyright text.

In the US game mechanics can not be covered by copyright, but artwork and descriptive text are. So you can include the "numbers" from a race, but you can't include any of the descriptive text.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information