DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A question about bundles :)

One of my players is asking me to run a StarFinder game. I haven't played any Pathfinder games yet or starfinder at all. I thought about picking up the Starfinder Essentials (that is a large chunk of money) but I typically buy things on Steam. I see the price for the bundle is a lot cheaper on Steam than FG site. I think the steam site is missing some modules perhaps. Just trying to make up my mind if I really have time to run another game

A couple of questions, I am assuming I only get the PDF's for games that I buy on Fantasy Grounds site and not the Steam Site? Or does that sync all the way through?

When I buy the bundle on the Fantasy Grounds site it doesn't look like it takes into account the discount for PDF's I already own on Paizo site. If I buy them separately it does. Do I have to buy them outside of the bundle for that to apply?
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Buying things on Steam can be good based on currency exchange rates. Sometimes Steam is cheaper for people than purchasing directly from Smiteworks.

However Bundles do not cross the streams (hah) so if you purchase some of the bundle on Steam and other pieces on the store here you will not get the full discounts available.

Also they are much more than just a PDF they are fully functional modules with all the rules coded in, maps come with LoS, etc. For me it is definitely worth it for me to buy the module rather than convert the PDF.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Secondarily you do NOT get the PDF of (for example) a map by Pazio you purchase on here. You only get the FG module not the PDFs. Though you can still sync those, if you want the PDF you have to purchase that separately.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

My biggest issue is that I don't get the Discount for owning the PDF if I buy the bundle. Trying to decide maybe I will just try the rulebook out to see if I can schedule another game :P

Starfinder purchases don't get a PDF in the Paizo store, or a discount for the PDF if owned like Pathfinder? That seems odd.

Blog Entries
    If you buy the FG module, you can sync and get the PDF from the Paizo site as well, for free.

When you add the bundle to your cart, you will get the greater discounts between the bundle price and the PDF discount. You have to add them all to your cart to see the full discount.

This is how I pick up almost all my Paizo stuff: Humble Bundle. it takes patience. but I grab these at say $25-35 usd and if I buy them all from FGU afterwards (and syncing...) I usually save 150 -200. a lot of times I wait for an FGU sale as well.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

For Example: I own the PDF for Starfinder Core Rules on the Paizo site. If I buy just the Starfinder core rules book for FG from FG, I get the discount for owning it. If I buy the bundle containing the Starfinder core rules, it does not look like I get the discount for owning the PDF.

I almost bought the Humble Bundle set. I thought I had too many games going on already .. Then the one player tries to convince me to run a StarFinder game.
    Last edited by bawsr; January 2nd, 2024 at 05:41. Reason: update with more information

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsr View Post
    For Example: I own the PDF for Starfinder Core Rules on the Paizo site. If I buy just the Starfinder core rules book for FG from FG, I get the discount for owning it. If I buy the bundle containing the Starfinder core rules, it does not look like I get the discount for owning the PDF.

I almost bought the Humble Bundle set. I thought I had too many games going on already .. Then the one player tries to convince me to run a StarFinder game.
    Starfinder Core Rules shows that it is set up with a PDF discount of 16.5%. That should equal $10 off if it is full price. It is currently on sale for $45 instead of $60, so you instead get ~16.5% off the sale price, making it $37.50 with the full discount.

okay I see the statement on the bundle saying you get the greater discount. I just needed to read more
    Last edited by bawsr; January 2nd, 2024 at 20:57. Reason: found answer to question

Thread Information