5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910

Thread: Why no 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSchultz View Post
    I never claimed any of these were full VTT packages.

You're kidding right? Google, there are existing (Talespire, TableTop Sim, etc) and many upcoming that are built with unity or unreal engine. Furthermore, did I say it was falling behind other VTTs? No. Falling behind in 3D support? YES. And that's where we're going - you can come if you want.

Argumentative reply at best.
    You are comparing a VTT with Blender then... other people have posted more useful replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We are working our way towards 3D and will be releasing the first phase of this in early 2024 with our 2.5D approach.

It is much easier to get to 3D when you start with a 3D centric platform from the beginning versus adding 3D support to our existing platform. We are rebuilt on Unity 3D with FGU though, so I suspect we may be able to get a good blend of VTT game system support mixed with 3D.
    Since you brought it up, any upcoming sneak peeks on this topic? We've all been very good so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    Since you brought it up, any upcoming sneak peeks on this topic? We've all been very good so far this year.
    I agree

Blog Entries
    Just the ones I showed in December.

We have a few devs out on holiday and so nothing new to show since then.

I don't know that I pushed these out on YT, though, so here they are:

Sneak Peek #1 - FGU FPS View Demo

Sneak Peek #2 - FGU FPS View Demo in the Fallout 2d20 ruleset

Thanks for the heads up.

I did look around a bit and missed the sneak peaks you mentioned. I get it, you're (or anyone with a shred of sanity) not going to refactor full 3D support into an existing 2D app/game. It's a complete re-write, saving what little existing code you can along the way!

I think a link on your website and/or app that displays a basic outline of future plans for a release would be helpful for everyone.

~Steve

Blog Entries
    Please remain civil to one another. Let’s start off 2024 in a positive mode.

Thread Information