5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Creating Maps with Tiles

I'm just getting started with FG, and I'm trying to make a simple map. I've read and watched the videos at but it isn't working the same way when I try to replicate what is being shown.

Specifically, in the last video Doug shows how to add a tile into the "Graphic Asset" box and set its size (as in the video, I set the size to 2.0). After that, clicking on the map will place a tile--so far so good. Then he shows that you can drag a different tile directly from the Assets to the map and it will use the same size, but in practice it does not. Any other tile I drag to the map comes it at size 1.0. I need to instead drag the new tile to the Graphic Asset, set the size, and then I can place them (or place them and then resize, but resizing doesn't seem to snap to the grid).

Am I missing something stupidly obvious, or did this change in the year since the video was posted? There are differences in the UI also, so I wouldn't be suprised if some functionality had also changed.

Blog Entries
    What are the assets?

Some of our asset packs now auto scale. If auto-scale info is present for an asset, then this will override it.

I was trying to keep it as similar to the tutorial video as possible, so I was using the 5E ruleset and Shockbolt Gamemasters Art Kit.

Also just noticed the link I tried to include didn’t work. This is the example I’m referring to:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+with+Tiles

Hi, I was also just trying to follow along from the video and the tutorial linked above and with the Shockbolt Gamemasters Art Kit, with a new tile selection, it went back to 1.0 on tile placement just as described in the original posting. I was a bit surprised by this, so I searched and found this thread. Is this the intended behavior for this tileset?

Blog Entries
    Many of our tile packs now have a built in scale and they will auto scale to the recommended size to fit the current grid scale.

Hi, sorry to butt in here.
    I'm making a tavern/ inn using some assets downloaded from the FG shop. I was just wondering, how can we save maps to be reused later on in the campaign or to be used in other campaigns? Do we have to save them as modules? If so, how do I go about doing that? I'm sorry I'm new to FGU and got really confused about it ^^;

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Azukiel View Post
    Hi, sorry to butt in here.
    I'm making a tavern/ inn using some assets downloaded from the FG shop. I was just wondering, how can we save maps to be reused later on in the campaign or to be used in other campaigns? Do we have to save them as modules? If so, how do I go about doing that? I'm sorry I'm new to FGU and got really confused about it ^^;
    When you create a map in FG from tiles, it saves that to the campaign under the name you give it. It will always be there in that campaign until you delete it. If you want to use it in a different campaign, use the chat command /export to pull up the export window. Drag the items (the map) you want to export to a module, fill out the rest of the module info and then export it. You can then access that map in other campaigns by loading the module.

Let us know if you need more details.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ahhh thank you LordEntrails!
    I'm such a dunce! I totally didn't even think that I just need to rename it something else to find it again *facepalm*
    Thank you so much, I found what I had been working on and renamed it So glad I didn't lose it like I originally thought I had!

Thread Information