5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Not so special offer

When you come to buy FGU under subscription for Ultimate
    It says

$9.99 for the first 3 months, then $9.99 Monthly....

Isnt that just $9.99 per month

__________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Not sure what your point is. The offer is for $9.99 for the first three months. In other words $3.33 for each of the first three months; and then it will go to the normal price of $9.99.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Yes it does read both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Not sure what your point is. The offer is for $9.99 for the first three months. In other words $3.33 for each of the first three months; and then it will go to the normal price of $9.99.
    Yeah this does not read that way to me. I'd change it ASAP to avoid confusion.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    It’s not $3.33 / month, so that is inaccurate. You can’t sub for just 1 month at $3.33 or two months for $6.66. You get the first 3 months of service for $9.99 and then $9.99 monthly beyond that.

You are reading it like $9.99/mo for the first 3 months and then $9.99/mo after — which is not what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It’s not $3.33 / month, so that is inaccurate. You can’t sub for just 1 month at $3.33 or two months for $6.66. You get the first 3 months of service for $9.99 and then $9.99 monthly beyond that.

You are reading it like $9.99/mo for the first 3 months and then $9.99/mo after — which is not what it says.
    "First 3 months for $9.99, then $9.99 per month after that" would have been clearer. But in the end, not really my concern. Was just mentioning I agreed with the first poster - the wording was not clear to me at first read.

Yeah, I say that and I was confused also. After thinking about it for a bit, I saw the second meaning. It certainly could be worded better.

Pay $9.99 for three months of use. Extend for $9.99 per month. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik6666 View Post
    When you come to buy FGU under subscription for Ultimate
    It says

$9.99 for the first 3 months, then $9.99 Monthly....

Isnt that just $9.99 per month

Nothing wrong at all with how its written and it boggles my mind how people can't understand exactly what it says.

$9.99 for the first 3 months (translation: you pay them $9.99 and it covers your first three months)
    THEN (that's your logical flag right there telling you of the next part of the deal AFTER the 3 months)
    $9.99 MONTHLY.

(translation: AFTER the first 3 months, you would pay us $9.99 each month going forward)

Lots of companies not even related to this hobby at all write sales pitches and promotions like this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Nothing wrong at all with how its written and it boggles my mind how people can't understand exactly what it says.

$9.99 for the first 3 months (translation: you pay them $9.99 your first three months are covered)
    THEN (that's your logical flag right there)
    $9.99 MONTHLY.

(translation: AFTER the first 3 months, you would pay us $9.99 each month going forward)

Lots of companies not even related to this hobby at all write sales pitches and promotions like this all the time.
    Just giving an honest opinion. Not really concerned what other companies have done if it would confuse me and others. In the end, its up to FG how they phrase things and not really amounting to a hill of beans either way to me. Just stating my opinion on it in agreeing with the original poster that it was confusing. To me. Not a concern to you - which is fine.

[the fact you had to break it down and explain it in detail should be a flag that maybe something is off with it ]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 15th, 2020 at 16:40.

Thread Information