STAR TREK 2d20

Ill-defined Click Areas: Mac - All builds after 9/4/2020

Summary: Ill-defined Click Areas

Immediately when start screen appears, click areas between pointer and buttons/user interface does not align.
    Inconsistent offset. For example with Dice, you need to click below the dice. For "X" close a window, you need to click high.
    I tried changing the scale UI settings and this affected the sizing but the alignment issue persisted.

Ruleset(s): All (Reproduced in 5E and DCC/CoreRPG)

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: Any FGU - Loaded from Previous FGU Game OR Brand-new campaign

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: 5E (default/basic), DCC (Rulebook)

Operating System / Language Setting: MacOS / English

Steps to Reproduce:

Any game, new or loaded campaign, 5E or DCC rulesets.
    Happening since FGU 4.0.0 9/24/2020 Build
    9/4? 9/7? Build worked fine, but we added a new player and updated and now live and prev versions no longer work.

I'm not getting that error reported from any other Mac users, nor from any of our staff. I also can't recreate on my internal machine.

Around the end of October, we did make a change where we enabled Mac Retina display support to the application to increase clarity; so it did change some application attributes.

* What Mac OS version are you running?
    * What UI scale are you running at in FGU?
    * What is the size and resolution of your monitor?
    * Have you set up any per-application scaling for FGU on your Mac; or are using any utilities which scale applications? If so, it may not work with the Retina Unity builds.

Regards,
    JPG

Weird!

UI scale: I've tried 50, 90, 100, 120, 150 all with the same results in regards to the problem. (The UI size does change)

OS and monitor info below.

I do not have any scaling utilities running. You'll see the default/scaled resolution toggle there, I tried changing that to default and started FGU. No change in results.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.25.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.26.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.26.38 AM.png

I'm stumped.

I just discovered that if I run it in a window, with or without the dock hiding, it works.

If I run it full screen, it's off.

Hopefully that's a good clue to the root cause.

The problem you’ve described also occurred in FGC when running on a Mac. You could usually fix it by changing the window from full screen to windowed. I run FG almost exclusively on Mac but I have not experienced this problem with Unity.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Can you post screenshots of both the updater and FGU version and build dates?

Thread Information