5E Character Create Playlist

[BUG] Player CTRL+Z (undo) does not undo drawing on the DM view of the image.

Summary: Player CTRL+Z (undo) does not undo drawing on the DM view of the image.
    Ruleset(s): Dungeons & Dragons (5E)
    New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New campaign for testing.
    Extensions/Themes: None.
    Modules Loaded: None.
    Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, English (United States)

Steps to Reproduce:

The player drawing features on the map support the use of CTRL+Z to undo the most recently drawn segment.

Latest version: v4.0.1 ULTIMATE (2020-11-11)

• Start FGU as GM.
    • Start FGU with a client and join the game as a PC.
    • GM - Create a new map.
    • GM - Share map.
    • PC - Right click on drawing, drawing, enter drawing mode.
    • PC - Draw any line.
    • PC - Press CTRL+z.

Expected behaviour:
    • PC - Line disappears after pressing CTRL+Z (undo).
    • GM - Line disappears because player removed the line.

Observed behaviour:
    • PC - Line disappears after pressing CTRL+Z (undo).
    • GM - Line remains visible.

Notes:
    • It seems like the client sends the write operations to the other clients but not the undo operations.
    • Using "Clear drawing" does clear the drawing (probably sent as a discrete operation).
    • If the GM closes the map and reopens it then view is correct, likely indicating a caching issue with the current view. This indicates there is no polygon data for the drawn line, but since it was drawn and not updated it stays until the map is reloaded and drawn again from the start.
    • What makes this bug even weirder is that if the GM tries to use Play -> Erase Drawing the eraser is unable to erase the undone lines because they don't actually exist as data anymore (even though their effect of having been drawn is present in the image data for the view).

Also, the "Clear Drawing" action should be undoable, at least immediately after executing. I came to this post looking to recover from a click where I deleted, by mistake, about 80 markings my players made on a large map they were "canvassing" by "using chalk" on individual crypts.

CTRL-Z should undo the clear drawing action.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by limondude View Post
    Also, the "Clear Drawing" action should be undoable, at least immediately after executing. I came to this post looking to recover from a click where I deleted, by mistake, about 80 markings my players made on a large map they were "canvassing" by "using chalk" on individual crypts.

CTRL-Z should undo the clear drawing action.
    Feature enhancements or improvements can be made on the new wishlist; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information