FG Spreadshirt Swag

Large Creatures and Additional Wounds

Am I correct in that currently there is no way to reflect additional wound capacity on larger creatures (i.e. giants etc) that are auto tracked within the CT? Right now it seems to be a manual action that the GM has to remember to handle for each large creature.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

So long as the right Size is listed under the Special Abilities in the NPC sheet SWADE tracks the extra Wounds. I know SWADE stat blocks work. I just tested with a Hellfrost Dragon (Size +8) and it tracked the wounds correctly (hit Incapacitation on the 6th Wound, but only counted -3 in wound penalties until it hit the 6th).

If you are using an older setting, it might just be how the NPC sheet is set up. Size is really not a building block for the NPCs, so under Deluxe I think you could just say they are Large or Huge and it would work since you manually put in the Toughness. SWADE if you put in Size +n it knows all the modifiers as it moves across scales.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that happen. I have the Large creature ability in the giant's Special Abilities...but it's not seeing the additional wound in the CT. Just tried it again...goes Incapacitated on the first wound. I'm using SWADE with FG Unity.

Update: The Frost Giant is an Extra I created. When a dragged a Drake over to the CT, the extra wound for size worked. Gotta figure out why "my" giant isn't seeing the size modifier.

Update2: Gotta have Resilient in the Special Abilities as well. Works now! Thanks for the help ;-)
    Last edited by Meliath1742; November 14th, 2020 at 18:11.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

It runs off Size, not the Large/Huge ability since that is not programmed in SWADE (vs Deluxe)

I attached a screen shot. I made a very simple NPC - an extra that has toughness of 4. I added the Size Special Ability and changed it to Size +4. I put him in the combat tracker twice and applied damage - one that would give one wound (8 points), one that would give 2 wounds (12 points). The 2 wounds triggers the Incapacitation but not the one wound.

So you should not need the Resilient (which if it works right, would make this guy hit Inc at 3 wounds).

Size.png

I agree about the Resilient...the more I thought about it the more I realized that's a little different ability. BUT...trying to use the the Size ability hasn't worked..so far. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Update: I had to remove the giant from the CT then drop him back into the CT for it to take effect. Seems to be working with the Size ability. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Meliath1742; November 14th, 2020 at 20:39.

Your welcome.

I do that all the time - make a change to the main entry and forget to re-drag it over (same issue for things like items).

If you use SWADE rules then creature's Size also grants extra wounds. For instance if you have Frost Giant extra with Size +4 then it will have 2 Wounds. From what module did you use Frost Giant stats?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    If you use SWADE rules then creature's Size also grants extra wounds. For instance if you have Frost Giant extra with Size +4 then it will have 2 Wounds. From what module did you use Frost Giant stats?
    Thanks Ikael, I finally figured it out after realizing I hadn't replaced the giant in the CT. It works as advertised! I had actually created the Frost Giant...not from any product.

Thread Information