DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 19 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zariel View Post
    Hi,

I have an error message when I open the spells tab of an NPC :
    Attachment 46426
    yes this is documented on the buck tracker in the first post. I have not been able to figure out why (other than that it is related to the parse all button).
    Last edited by bmos; May 7th, 2021 at 16:47.

Ah ok.
    Thanks for the answer and the great job you have done

Just FYI - I've run into an issue recently when adding an NPC to the tracker FG will churn and become unresponsive. After about 2-3 minutes it will resume and throw a stack overflow error - although it appears that the spell actions are properly populated. I see this in both FGC an FGU, and I *think* I have eliminated any other extensions as the cause. This does not happen with all NPCs and I am still trying to narrow down what is different about the ones that work vs. the ones that do not. So far any NPC I build entirely by hand seems to work - and those that do not work are coming from published modules such as Pathfinder1 source books and published AP modules - but that might just be the small sample size I've tested with so far. I'm still testing various scenarios, but thought I'd post here in case someone else has also seen this and done some troubleshooting already.

Update: I think I have determined that the issue is with particular spells in the PFRPG - Spellbook module, not with this extension. I have found at least one spell ( "Divination" ) that will cause the same freeze when adding it from the Spellbook module directly to the NPC record without any involvement with the combat tracker. Guess I better go check that module's thread for possible issues/updates. As you were.
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; May 14th, 2021 at 22:01.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by KevenSimmons View Post
    Just FYI - I've run into an issue recently when adding an NPC to the tracker FG will churn and become unresponsive. After about 2-3 minutes it will resume and throw a stack overflow error - although it appears that the spell actions are properly populated. I see this in both FGC an FGU, and I *think* I have eliminated any other extensions as the cause. This does not happen with all NPCs and I am still trying to narrow down what is different about the ones that work vs. the ones that do not. So far any NPC I build entirely by hand seems to work - and those that do not work are coming from published modules such as Pathfinder1 source books and published AP modules - but that might just be the small sample size I've tested with so far. I'm still testing various scenarios, but thought I'd post here in case someone else has also seen this and done some troubleshooting already.

Update: I think I have determined that the issue is with particular spells in the PFRPG - Spellbook module, not with this extension. I have found at least one spell ( "Divination" ) that will cause the same freeze when adding it from the Spellbook module directly to the NPC record without any involvement with the combat tracker. Guess I better go check that module's thread for possible issues/updates. As you were.
    Keven -Strange. I have tried to replicate the issue you are seeing with the PFRPG - Spellbook and am not able to do so.

I have tested specifically with the 'Divination (M)' spell and am not seeing any delay when adding the spell directly to the NPC record or when subsequently adding that NPC record to the combat tracker.

I have tested with the NPC Actions Extension turned on and turned off and am not encountering any delay.

Are there any other details you can provide to help me try and replicate this issue?

I grabbed a more current version of the Spellbook mod and that fixed the problem. I didn't bother trying to figure out what was different between the two versions.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Excellent. Glad that resolved it for you. Thank you for the update.

I have two small requests:

First would be to correct the typo in the Panicked effect description (f lee), in the Paralyzed description (f lying & f lap) and in the Blinded one (Strenght-). Also, maybe change the Confused text to add the PFSRD confused table? The Grappled condition's Fantasy Ground Automation says GRANTCA, and then the text says: -4 to DEX and -2 to ATK. Does the automation reflect this? Same thing for Climb. I also see no overlay text when putting my cursor over Flat-footed.

Second would be to know if the extension could, prior to adding any of the FEATS, look if they are already present in the spells of the NPC to avoid doubling. (I edited all of my NPC to add their feats before I knew this extension existed and now I see them twice and it makes me want to avoid using this extension altogether in my games. I would like to use it because of the effect overlay, but then it would be marvelous to avoid the doubling!).

Thank you very much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    First would be to correct the typo in the Panicked effect description (f lee), in the Paralyzed description (f lying & f lap) and in the Blinded one (Strenght-). Also, maybe change the Confused text to add the PFSRD confused table? The Grappled condition's Fantasy Ground Automation says GRANTCA, and then the text says: -4 to DEX and -2 to ATK. Does the automation reflect this? Same thing for Climb. I also see no overlay text when putting my cursor over Flat-footed.
    I have fixed grappled, thank you. Climb only applies GRANTCA automation. Flat-footed was not working right because of the hyphen. I have fixed this as well. The tooltips can't contain tables, so I can't include the confusion table (at least not as a table).

Second would be to know if the extension could, prior to adding any of the FEATS, look if they are already present in the spells of the NPC to avoid doubling. (I edited all of my NPC to add their feats before I knew this extension existed and now I see them twice and it makes me want to avoid using this extension altogether in my games. I would like to use it because of the effect overlay, but then it would be marvelous to avoid the doubling!).
    This would make adding NPCs even slower (especially for NPCs with a lot of spells/actions. I'll consider adding it as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Upgrade NPC Actions v1.16
    * fix condition description typos (thanks to Khoredran for reporting)
    * fix grapple condition description not listing all automation (thanks to Khoredran for reporting)
    * fix flat-footed condition not having description due to hyphen issue
    Last edited by bmos; May 15th, 2021 at 18:32.

Thank you for the typo fixes! For the Confused table, I was thinking only adding the % roll effect like so:
    01-25 Acts normally; 26-50 Does nothing but babble incoherently; 51-75 Deals 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand; 76-100 Attacks nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self)

I would gladly take the option to look at NPC's spells to avoid doubling existing ones! It could be in the Options and natively triggered as No, so people could activate it if they want to avoid doubling the feats.

Also, I am not sure if it has been implemented yet, but for the spell parsing, does the extension successfully ignores the duration tags before the spell names? Example: (3/day); (1/month); (1/min); (3/hour), etc. Everything in parenthesis really!
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 15th, 2021 at 18:15.

For the Confused table, I was thinking only adding the % roll effect like so:
    01-25 Acts normally; 26-50 Does nothing but babble incoherently; 51-75 Deals 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand; 76-100 Attacks nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self)

Also, I am not sure if it has been implemented yet, but for the spell parsing, does the extension successfully ignores the duration tags before the spell names? Example: (3/day); (1/month); (1/min); (3/hour), etc. Everything in parenthesis really!
    Good suggestion. I will cue that confusion improvement for the next update.

Would you mind telling me a Bestiary entry with that formatting? I'm pretty sure it only ignores things in parentheses after the spell name.

Thread Information