FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 19 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    It mostly seems to be a graphical error as I CAN drag conditions onto players and NPC's in the combat tracker, and the condition still applies. The custom field is blank, but I don't think I've used ever thosed conditions.

Hmmm....I wonder why my version says 1.4 while your github pages has it at ver 1.22?
    Last edited by Deslock100; July 17th, 2022 at 02:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslock100 View Post
    Hmmm....I wonder why my version says 1.4 while your github pages has it at ver 1.22?
    Ah, that's probably your issue!
    If you have been using the extension for a long time (pre-Forge) you might have to go into your extensions folder and delete the ext file for this extension (and any other of my extensions that are in there). Then update again in the FG launcher.

That was it! Forge wasn't overriding what I had in my ext file and I didn't notice the file date of two years ago. Thanks for your help bmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslock100 View Post
    That was it! Forge wasn't overriding what I had in my ext file and I didn't notice the file date of two years ago. Thanks for your help bmos.
    You're welcome! Enjoy the 2 years of updates :P
    I'm surprised you haven't been struggling with constant script errors in the interim!

Quick summary of stuff you have missed since 1.4:
    You can now add NPCs directly without having to use encounters.
    Some NPC abilities will get added automatically like critical focus, power attack, deadly aim... and more
    Existing PCs and NPCs with old spells can have those spells upgraded via right-click and re-parse.
    Effect list conditions are much better now.
    It will now prefer the PFRPG Spellbook Extended module when both are loaded.

Hi all. I have been using this extension for some time now in combination with the PFRPG Spellbook Extended. Until recently, I have been able to upgrade spells (and add the various actions from Spellbook Extended) by reparsing via right-clicking. Today I was running my campaign and I noticed that the "reparse spell actions" button seems to be missing. Has something changed with fantasy grounds most recent update?

It is entirely possible there is some extension conflict going on but I thought it would be best to check here before checking each extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Hi all. I have been using this extension for some time now in combination with the PFRPG Spellbook Extended. Until recently, I have been able to upgrade spells (and add the various actions from Spellbook Extended) by reparsing via right-clicking. Today I was running my campaign and I noticed that the "reparse spell actions" button seems to be missing. Has something changed with fantasy grounds most recent update?

It is entirely possible there is some extension conflict going on but I thought it would be best to check here before checking each extension.
    Yeah, the latest ruleset updates changed around some of that code. I have patched Upgrade NPC Actions so it does work, but likely another extension you're using is changing/messing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yeah, the latest ruleset updates changed around some of that code. I have patched Upgrade NPC Actions so it does work, but likely another extension you're using is changing/messing with that.
    Okay, I just checked in a campaign with nothing other than what is needed to run Upgrade NPC Actions. The "reparse" button appears as it should and works normally so it does seem to be an extension issue. It should be noted that in my main campaign, Upgrade NPC Actions correctly parses the spells when a spell is added to a character sheet for the first time and adds the relevant effects etc. That said, the reparse button is no longer there to "fix" the old versions of spells (or ones added by players without the Spellbook module loaded). Do you have any ideas about what kinds of extensions might interefere?

This isn't a pressing issue as I can either add the spells myself of have players load the module but I would like to try to find the source of the problem if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Okay, I just checked in a campaign with nothing other than what is needed to run Upgrade NPC Actions. The "reparse" button appears as it should and works normally so it does seem to be an extension issue. It should be noted that in my main campaign, Upgrade NPC Actions correctly parses the spells when a spell is added to a character sheet for the first time and adds the relevant effects etc. That said, the reparse button is no longer there to "fix" the old versions of spells (or ones added by players without the Spellbook module loaded). Do you have any ideas about what kinds of extensions might interefere?

This isn't a pressing issue as I can either add the spells myself of have players load the module but I would like to try to find the source of the problem if possible.
    Certainly any that modify the Actions tab. Beyond that I'm not sure.

Good evening bmos,
    Having a problem with this extension and a particular NPC stat block. I can't figure out which element is throwing the error. From the log:
    [ERROR] Script execution string: [string "..Upgrade-NPC-Actions:..C_upgradespells.lua"]21: attempt to index local 'string_spell_name' (a nil value)

This happens when I add the NPC "Scrag Berserker" from the module Ruins of Azlant 5: The Tower of the Drowned Dead (though it ought to be the same stat block as in the Monster Codex) to the combat tracker, whether from an encounter or from the NPC panel. The NPC populates in the tracker but without attack values, AC, or appropriately parsed effects like regeneration. It does populate saves and hp.
    I'm suspicious from the dialog that the culprit may be that they have an odd "Unraging" spell under their spells tab, meant to apply appropriate debuff effects to remove the presumed raging nature of this NPC.
    Any suggestions for a workaround? Or is this a legit bug?

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    Good evening bmos,
    Having a problem with this extension and a particular NPC stat block. I can't figure out which element is throwing the error. From the log:
    [ERROR] Script execution string: [string "..Upgrade-NPC-Actions:..C_upgradespells.lua"]21: attempt to index local 'string_spell_name' (a nil value)

This happens when I add the NPC "Scrag Berserker" from the module Ruins of Azlant 5: The Tower of the Drowned Dead (though it ought to be the same stat block as in the Monster Codex) to the combat tracker, whether from an encounter or from the NPC panel. The NPC populates in the tracker but without attack values, AC, or appropriately parsed effects like regeneration. It does populate saves and hp.
    I'm suspicious from the dialog that the culprit may be that they have an odd "Unraging" spell under their spells tab, meant to apply appropriate debuff effects to remove the presumed raging nature of this NPC.
    Any suggestions for a workaround? Or is this a legit bug?
    Can you send me a screenshot of the spells tab for that creature?

Thread Information