DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Tested again on a clean campaign - tokens dragged to a new map without token locking remained unlocked even after I locked them using both the radial menu and the image controls. Clicking on the token lock icon in the radial menu to either lock or unlock requires two clicks, regardless of whether or not you're locking them or unlocking them.

I'm not able to recreate this. I tried these steps.

* Opened an existing map that had token locking.
    * Added token from token bag.
    * Made token Always Visible.
    * Verified that user could make token planned movement.
    * Cancelled planned movement on GM.
    * Turned off token locking via radial menu
    * Verified that player could move token directly.

Can you verify the exact steps that you followed on both player and GM to see the issue?

Thanks,
    JPG

Saw this issue during my game last night, and have been able to reproduce using the 5e sample campaign with no extensions loaded.

To reproduce:
    • Open map with locking turned off and map locked (i.e. the image controls are not visible).
    • Add PC from CT to map.
    • Player attempts to move PC token on map - no locking present.
    • GM turns on token locking from radial menu - two clicks are required to select the item from the menu.
    • Player attempts to move PC token on map - no locking present.
    • GM unlocks the map - the token locking icon is selected.
    • GM turns token locking off and back on.
    • Player attempts to move PC token on map - locking is present.
    • GM locks the map again.
    • Player attempts to move PC token on map - locking is still present.
    • GM turns token locking off.
    • Player attempts to move PC token on map - locking is still present. Locking approval graphics do not appear on the GM screen.

In short, it appears that changing the token locking works correctly if the map is unlocked and misbehaves if it is locked.

I did have similar lock token problems. We had a Pathfinder 1e session this weekend, where i had the feeling that for some reason the unlocking of tokens was slow.

And i did fiddle today with a PF2 where i connected with a client to my own session, and get some weird things. Humbly saw my first post and directed me here.

Edit here, is a link to the thread where i wrote my problems, i did have similar issues as Humby described above.

/H
    Last edited by Honken; November 24th, 2020 at 12:12. Reason: Adding link, and clarification.

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I also had the issue where players were unlocked but the radial said locked and I had to double click the lock/unlock each time. I was bouncing the player tokens between maps alot too. I ended up unsharing the map, closing it and re-opening it and re-adding from the combat tracker which worked both times it happened over 4 hours of playing.

This is essentially what I came here to post - same steps as humby above.

I experienced the token locking issue as a player on the weekend for PF2 and running a SF game today.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    Token locking was not working properly this weekend to me either...
    Have all of you(us) realized that the GM token locking has been remapped to the ALT key to simulate player or NPC movement from the host side? Some of these option issue could stem from some network lag, or perhaps your PC is maxed out? Is your machine older? I have seen some crazy things happen or NOT happen because the computer was not able to handle what was being pushed through FGU, or there was not enough Disk space, or the connected users had very poor bandwidth issues, and these users were having huge maps and files shared with them...
    Last edited by Laerun; November 24th, 2020 at 17:54.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It has to do with the radial menu toggle to lock/unlock tokens for the whole map not working correctly unless the image data control is open. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Have all of you(us) realized that the GM token locking has been remapped to the ALT key to simulate player or NPC movement from the host side? Some of these option issue could stem from some network lag, or perhaps your PC is maxed out? Is your machine older? I have seen some crazy things happen or NOT happen because the computer was not able to handle what was being pushed through FGU, or there was not enough Disk space, or the connected users had very poor bandwidth issues, nd the users were having huge maps and files shared with them...
    Whilst there may have been issues during the session I first picked up on this in (there didn't seem to be, but it's possible), for the testing I mentioned I was running two copies of FGU on the same PC - one running as the host / gm, the other as a player and I was using one of the small maps in the sample campaign, so I don't think it's a machine issue.

Edit: Ah, ninja'd whilst grabbing my pizza! Thanks for the update Moon Wizard.
    Last edited by humby; November 24th, 2020 at 18:21.

Thread Information