DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Is OS X Big Sur Supported?

Looks like Big Sur just released for OS X. I was wondering if it's safe for me to upgrade, or will it break my support with Fantasy Grounds Unity?

Thanks!

I only have one Mac that I use to build releases that is currently on Catalina. I don't want to upgrade, in case it breaks our ability to make builds.

I'll see if anyone else in the company has a Mac they were planning to update; and have them check.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thanks so much! I'll wait to upgrade until I hear back.

I've upgraded on an older 2015 Macbook Pro, and at a minimum it launches and loads into a campaign. I'm hoping to use it in a game this weekend (as a player).

Edit: Just tried to connect from it to a Windows GM instance via a public cloud connection. That worked, and loaded a character in the campaign as well.
    Last edited by Imagix; November 13th, 2020 at 21:36. Reason: Additional testing.

Thanks for testing that! I'm running as a DM, so I'll probably wait a tad longer, but good to know it works fine for players!

Given that it launches, and connected (from a player's perspective), I would expect the DMs side to work fine. Though for me, my DM machine (during my real game) is actually an older iMac (running Mojave, I know it can't run Catalina), so I won't be testing the DMs side on Big Sur anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I only have one Mac that I use to build releases that is currently on Catalina. I don't want to upgrade, in case it breaks our ability to make builds.
    You can actually install macOS to an external HDD or alternate container (which should allow you to dual boot both OSes).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/c...a_and_big_sur/

Earlier today I upgraded a macOS Catalina VM (VirtualBox) to macOS Big Sur. I downloaded the .PKG from the website and installed it normally. After putting in username, password and license key, it updated itself and all products like it should. Then, I loaded into a campaign, loaded modules, etc.
    It seems to work just as well as it did on Catalina, High Sierra and Mojave.

Since I used a VM, and Big Sur is so new, your mileage may vary, but I wanted to go ahead and let folks know that it looks OK in preliminary tests so far.

FGU-big_sur.png

We just had one of our support guys upgrade his VM and ran through a bunch of the basics without issue as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We just had one of our support guys upgrade his VM and ran through a bunch of the basics without issue as well.
    Wouldn't it be funny if they were the same person? 😏

Thread Information