Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Good to hear. Again, thanks for your patience and for helping track down the issue. Happy gaming!

I am having this same issue - I did just install it a few days ago, then I thought I needed it also installed the free version to have two instances running - turns out it is the same installer - I uninstalled everything and tried again... same thing... don't know if that really had anything to do with it. Updater is v4.0.0 (2020-09-20). Before it was only downloading the same 12mb file each time (wotc5ephbdeluxe), now that I've reinstalled it seems to be downloading everything again and again...

Running v4.0.3 Ultimate (2020-11-25)
    Mac OS Catalina
    Deleted, restarted, reinstalled - same thing.

Not sure if there is a specific way to delete everything, I deleted all of the fantasyground apps/files that I could find in the application folder.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by jasone; December 1st, 2020 at 07:51.

Blog Entries
    If comfortable going into the registry -

rename this key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds
    to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Old Fantasy Grounds

and then reinstall a fresh copy of FGU.

macOS does not have a Registry.
    There is something that does track that info, but not being a macOS user I don't know the specifics.

Hopefully someone will have some advice for macOS.

What is the build date on the updater?

Launch the Updater, click Settings and then the Troubleshoot tab. Then click Force App Update and let me know if you still have issues afterward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    macOS does not have a Registry.
    There is something that does track that info, but not being a macOS user I don't know the specifics.

Hopefully someone will have some advice for macOS.
    Doh. Skimmed that email too quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    What is the build date on the updater?
    Updater is v4.0.0 (2020-09-20)

Forcing and update put it at v4.0.0 (2020-11-10)

It downloaded FantasyGrounds (77.1mb) and many other items - but fixed it - didn't realize there was a FORCE UPDATE that would cause it to fetch a new updater - it had been skipped very other update so I figured it was the latest.

THANK YOU!

(solved)

Thank you!, That was brilliant! (Fixed my issue too)

Yesterday my players told me that they had to run updater several times in a row, seemingly to get from version .1 to version .2 to version .4 (sure it was 3 times at least, not sure if it was 4 times with .3 in between). Every time it would download the 70+mb file if I understood correctly. They also noticed that the download server was slow, despite their internet connection being fast.

Thread Information