STAR TREK 2d20

The Maze of Tey-Balls (GM Trainer walkthrough)

I've put together a simple maze crawl that should help a GM new to FGC or FGU learn how to run RMC on it. It is designed to be played solo with multiple characters (12 level 5 pregens are provided) but with a bit of tweaking could be played with some friends too/instead. I've put together a getting started guide too. The link to the module and guide is below. Cheers!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhK_42vQec52gpsg...XBY3A?e=RenZqZ
    Last edited by Wolf_Shield; January 8th, 2021 at 04:15.

This is really helpful, Thanks very much for your efforts.

Very good work indeed!

I think I may use this as a session 0 for a campaign I plan to start up in the new year.

Thanks for the kind words!

Sulimo, if you are going to play with friends then it needs a little tweaking. I've uploaded another version of the module with speech bubbles for the corridor descriptions and reduced the file size of the end game map to 2MB. Apart from the spoiler image (the one that shows the maze layout), all other images are below 2MB so should be ok to play over a connection. The multiplayer version is imaginatively called "GM-Trainer-Multiplayer.mod".

Cheers.

Thanks Wolf_shield.

Here is a bonus for you.

I have created LoS Occluders for FGU for the corridors (not the rooms).

All you have to do is rename .mod to .zip, and copy these files into the GM-Trainer-Multiplayer file.

However, be aware, there is a bug in FG when you export to a module. It sets the date of the files inside the module to the year 1601.

After unzipping the file, it will be necessary to change the date on all of the files to something more modern.

I used the tool here. NOTE: I make no claims as to the safety of this file. I am not a programmer, and I did not create this tool, use at your own risk. I used it in a VM just in case it had some issue or another.

I have heard that 7-zip may work if you want to use that instead of the Built in Windows zip utility.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that the XML files in the attached .zip file can be added to the module, and it will still work in FGC. The LoS will be ignored in that case. Only FGU will read the files and apply the LoS info.

Maze of Tey-Balls Occluders.zip
    Last edited by Sulimo; November 14th, 2020 at 22:08.

Thread Information