FG Spreadshirt Swag

Ruleset error: WvA Modifiers for 2e function the opposite way they should be.

Not sure if this goes here or House of Healing, since this is an error with the way the 2e PHB and DMG are coded, rather than an error with FG itself.

Looking at the ruleset for 2e, the COmbat Modifiers for Weapon vs. Armor rules have the incorrect effect in practice. They modify the attack roll, rather than the attacker's THAC0. Thus, the modifiers should be inversed in order to function correctly.

For instance, when you apply the -2 modifier for Piercing vs. Leather as a modifier to the attack roll, it makes it so piercing weapons are LESS likely to hit foes in leather armor, instead of easier. If you apply it as a modifier to THAC0, it makes piercing weapons easier to hit.

The rulebook states: "Table 52 lists the weapon vs. armor modifiers applied to the attacker's THAC0, if this optional system is used."

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan the Azure Abjurer View Post
    Not sure if this goes here or House of Healing, since this is an error with the way the 2e PHB and DMG are coded, rather than an error with FG itself.

Looking at the ruleset for 2e, the COmbat Modifiers for Weapon vs. Armor rules have the incorrect effect in practice. They modify the attack roll, rather than the attacker's THAC0. Thus, the modifiers should be inversed in order to function correctly.

For instance, when you apply the -2 modifier for Piercing vs. Leather as a modifier to the attack roll, it makes it so piercing weapons are LESS likely to hit foes in leather armor, instead of easier. If you apply it as a modifier to THAC0, it makes piercing weapons easier to hit.

The rulebook states: "Table 52 lists the weapon vs. armor modifiers applied to the attacker's THAC0, if this optional system is used."
    Thanks for pointing this out! I do not use this option rule so was not fully aware of the odd way they present it. I'll look at this tonight and adjust if it appears to be as you are saying.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've corrected the entries for the "Modifiers" records. You should see the update around the 24th since it's already past next weeks deadline.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Aloha,

i tried to use the modifiers and they still add a+/- mod to the dice roll. For example it is still easier to hit a full plate with a slashing weapon than harder. The mod is not applied to the Thaco. It is instead applied on the actual dice roll.
    Did i miss something or is the problem not solved?
    I think the easiest solution is just to reverse the mathematic sings before each mod (+4 becomes -4 and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Drantos View Post
    Aloha,

i tried to use the modifiers and they still add a+/- mod to the dice roll. For example it is still easier to hit a full plate with a slashing weapon than harder. The mod is not applied to the Thaco. It is instead applied on the actual dice roll.
    Did i miss something or is the problem not solved?
    I think the easiest solution is just to reverse the mathematic sings before each mod (+4 becomes -4 and so on).
    They are reversed so that it follows the description. Does your version of the modifiers not show the same? I sent this to be updated weeks ago.

---

Screenshot 2020-11-29 234712.png

No on my version (just updated) are still the wrong modifieres.

Doesnt matter much for me because i could change the numbers in a couple of minutes. But others maybe have some issues.

Nevertheless, i would like to thank you for your great work implementing 2e in Fantasy grounds

Cheers
    Last edited by Drantos; November 29th, 2020 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Drantos View Post
    Screenshot 2020-11-29 234712.png

No on my version (just updated) are still the wrong modifieres.

Doesnt matter much for me because i could change the numbers in a couple of minutes. But others maybe have some issues.

Nevertheless, i would like to thank you for your great work implementing 2e in Fantasy grounds

Cheers
    I'm sending another update next week that will go out the next that includes some additional updates to the PHB/DMG so this should be corrected then. I'm not sure why the update wasn't sent out previously.
    ---

Can confirm it is fixed now :-)

Thread Information