FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I figured it out. At some point I figured out that the skills must be present in the same module as the profession, even though the links in the profession point to Character Law. Then each skill entry in the "skilllist" XML structure has a tag group named "costs", and each profession must have a tag in that group with the cost for that skill for that profession. The same entry exists in the XML tags for the profession itself in the "professions" tag group, but the skill has its own set of costs. I don't know yet if ALL the skill tags must be present, but it has to be more than just the "costs" tag group.

At some point I tried to cut down on the overhead and removed the "skilllist" from my homebrew module, and then none of the skill costs were showing up. I made a copy before i deleted it, and when I put the copy back, that's when the secondary skills all went to "4". It was late, I was getting frustrated, and I must have done a blanket find/replace in the editor or something. Oh well, I figured it out after some sleep, coffee, food, and time.
    Last edited by Bale Nomad; November 17th, 2020 at 22:26.

Good job tracking it down. Those can definitely be frustrating situations.

Does this only work with FGC? I use FGU.

I edited the mod file (find/replace noproffession with warriormage, changed costs, zipped, changed extension back to mod) and put it in the correct folder.

I can't find any indication it's actually loading the mod. No errors either. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ustom-MOD-file

Did I miss something?

Does it show up in the Module Activation Window (click on Library then Modules)?

If yes, did you Activate (Load) the Module?

If you created the .mod file yourself, you should see it in the Module Activation Window.

Here is a screen shot (from FGU), where I have added a bunch of custom modules, none of them are loaded at the moment though (all of the buttons say Load instead of Unload).

Also double check that when it was zipped up that it didn't create a folder within the zip with the same name. The definition.xml and other files need to be at the root of the zip file and not in a sub-folder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Does it show up in the Module Activation Window (click on Library then Modules)?

If yes, did you Activate (Load) the Module?

If you created the .mod file yourself, you should see it in the Module Activation Window.

Here is a screen shot (from FGU), where I have added a bunch of custom modules, none of them are loaded at the moment though (all of the buttons say Load instead of Unload).

Man... I wish those modules were in the store and we could buy them. Need more Rolemaster!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Man... I wish those modules were in the store and we could buy them. Need more Rolemaster!
    Doh! I'm now officially a dumbass. Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm trying to automate a find/replace function for this module. Modifying all the cost took more time than I'd like. I have an excelsheet with 139 professions and the corresponding skill costs for close to 300 skills in RM2 style:

RM2 skills.JPG
    Last edited by Bertus15; November 29th, 2020 at 15:24. Reason: Proof reading is hard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertus15 View Post
    Doh! I'm now officially a dumbass. Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm trying to automate a find/replace function for this module. Modifying all the cost took more time than I'd like. I have an excelsheet with 139 professions and the corresponding skill costs for close to 300 skills in RM2 style:

RM2 skills.JPG
    Daaaammmnnn.... that spreadsheet sure feels like Rolemaster!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Daaaammmnnn.... that spreadsheet sure feels like Rolemaster!
    All I did was get some excelsheets of the web from other people and threw them together. Flexed some of my l33+ BBC B micro 5Killz... no seriously I suck at coding. But I do know how to record a macro and then clean up the VBA code. That's easy.

I've used Excel VBA to build the XML files for modules. You just need out output the right format to pull it off and have it read information from the spreadsheet. It took me a bit of research in how to do things in Excel VBA but wasn't too bad from what I remember.

Thread Information