DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I've used Excel VBA to build the XML files for modules. You just need out output the right format to pull it off and have it read information from the spreadsheet. It took me a bit of research in how to do things in Excel VBA but wasn't too bad from what I remember.
    FG Professions.JPG

Working on it.

That's great. Let me know if you have any questions. It will take me a bit to refresh my memory but shouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    That's great. Let me know if you have any questions. It will take me a bit to refresh my memory but shouldn't be too bad.
    The idea is to create an excel that can help GMs create a custom mod with the professions they want. I doubt anyone needs 139 professions, but I realised that making a mod per professsion would create a bit of bloat.

Using the 'Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=sCurrentPath & "\NoProfession_common.xml", LoadOption:=xlXmlLoadImportToList Method supresses the

<id-00001>
    <fullname type='string'>Maneuvering in Soft Leather</fullname>
    <name type='string'>Man. in Soft Leather</name>
    <costs>
    <warriormage type='string'>1/*</warriormage>
    </costs>
    </id-00001>

structure. Which is ok if you're only interested in doing a find/replace, but not if you want to add additional professions to the same mod. I assume it needs to go like so:

<id-00001>
    <fullname type='string'>Maneuvering in Soft Leather</fullname>
    <name type='string'>Man. in Soft Leather</name>
    <costs>
    <warriormage type='string'>1/*</warriormage>
    <somenewprofession type='string'>2/*</somenewprofession>
    </costs>
    </id-00001>

Correct?

Yes that will work but I have been changing the professions so the skill costs are associated with them instead of with the skills. I have the initial changes done in FG and it should make it easier to create new professions within FG. I just have to work out a few issues with it still.

Thanks for the headsup. I'll continue to tinker a bit, but not waste too much time and wait for the new functionality.

Great job!

Hey all! How are on being able to add professions? I really need to add Noble Warrior to my MERP

thanks
    Cal

I've been finalizing the profession update and it should be in Tuesday's release (12/15). It will allow you to create a new profession and fill in all the skill costs and the base spell lists. The GM would just need to share the new profession so that the players can use it for their PCs. When skills are added to the PC, the skill costs will be looked up from the new profession.

The profession changes are done and will be released this Tuesday. There is a bit more information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...939#post563939

Thread Information