DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Adding professions and creatures

I just bought RMC ruleset (all the books) + Green Gryphon Inn.

As Green Gryphon Inn is based on Shadow World, I would like to add Shadow World races + some extra professions from good Old Arms Companion + Companion 1. How I can do those best way and not to mess up with original set?

Second question...when we will get Shadow World things and propably Companion 1 to this ruleset?

Good work in anycase and thanks!

The easiest way is to Drag/Drop an existing Race or Creature. This will create a copy of the Race or Creature that you can edit (unlock in the upper right of the window when it opens).

For Professions, I know Dakadin planned to get that working in a similar fashion, but I do not think that is ready yet (a quick test confirms that). I would have to defer to him on what the timing is.

Here is an example of the No-Profession profession.

If you rename it from .mod to .zip you can open it up and see how it is constructed.

From there you should able to create any profession you might want.

I am guessing you mean Shadow World Modules like for instance; Cloudlords of Tanara?

I think those would depend on ICE and/or Terry to allow them to be published for FG.

For Companion I, I believe Dakadin is working on that. He can chime in to let us know if I am off base on that one.

I finished RM Companion 1 about 6 weeks ago. It is waiting in the queue to get released. I am hoping it happens next Tuesday but no clue if that will be the case since it depends on how many things are still ahead of it in the queue.

Shadow World modules are definitely a possibility and plan on creating some of them when I get caught up with everything else that I have on my plate.

As far as creating professions in the ruleset, I am hoping to have that down in the next few weeks. I have some of it already done but need to work out a few issues that are causing me problems but I have some ideas how to fix those.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I finished RM Companion 1 about 6 weeks ago. It is waiting in the queue to get released. I am hoping it happens next Tuesday but no clue if that will be the case since it depends on how many things are still ahead of it in the queue.

Shadow World modules are definitely a possibility and plan on creating some of them when I get caught up with everything else that I have on my plate.

As far as creating professions in the ruleset, I am hoping to have that down in the next few weeks. I have some of it already done but need to work out a few issues that are causing me problems but I have some ideas how to fix those.
    Beautiful.

It's been a long time since new DLC came out for Rolemaster... I look forward to buying RM Companion 1 on the day of release.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Dakadin, thanks so much for all you do, man.

thanks
    Cal

Just asked Dave from Smiteworks how long it can take. He says it is unknown as once it is submitted, it has to go to the license holder, Iron Crown, for checking, so it depends how much priority they put on it.

Blog Entries
    Companion I treats us to classic Rolemaster charts such as;

- conceptions chart (# of times a woman becomes pregnant and the # of children per pregnancy)
    - birth injury chart (potential complications during birthing and what must be done to alleviate them)
    - height to weight ratio (apparently I am the right weight for someone who is 7'2" tall...)
    - poisons and rotten things chart (many nasty things)
    - smoothed stat bonus chart (a good thing IMO)
    - creation of magic items and magic items with special purpose, intelligence and alignment
    - additional races and their bonuses
    - additional classes such as the Paladin and the Barbarian
    - new spell lists and spell casting classes such as the Dabbler and the Archmage
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Just asked Dave from Smiteworks how long it can take. He says it is unknown as once it is submitted, it has to go to the license holder, Iron Crown, for checking, so it depends how much priority they put on it.
    Thanks for checking johnecc. I appreciate it.

I have a player who wants to play a Moon Mage from RMC3. I was able to create the profession in a homebrew module and get it basically working; it shows up in the Professions drop downs, and it even had working skill costs, even though they don't show up in the standard Primary and Secondary Skills cost tables. Then I did something that broke the Moon Mage profession - primary skill costs still show up, but secondary skill costs are now all "4". Still trying to figure out that one.

Thread Information