FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    fg crashed predictably every time when time tracker is activated
    Well that's awfully strange! I don't know of any 3.5E/PF1e extensions that this has compatibility issues with, so you'll have to try loading just Time Manager and then just Time Manager and Malady Tracker.
    I assume you're up to date on them both? Malady Tracker 2.4 and Time Manager 1.7?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I assume you're up to date on them both? Malady Tracker 2.4 and Time Manager 1.7?
    i believe so: downloaded straight from the link in post #1 to your github, then top-listed link to file.

i will individually test by turning off each of my active extensions. will report back and let you know which it conflicts with.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

i believe so: downloaded straight from the link in post #1 to your github, then top-listed link to file.

i will individually test by turning off each of my active extensions. will report back and let you know which it conflicts with.
    To clarify, I don't think this is an extension compatibility issue. Those typically don't result in a crash-to-desktop. The reason I asked if it happens with just Time Manager and, if not, then if it happens with just those two is that I have seen similar crash-to-desktop behaviour before in FG. It occured in a test campaign and I resolved it by making a new test campaign. To me this implies something in the db.xml was causing it when used with the extension. This is not ideal because I don't know what I can do to test for it (since it crashes without the chance to output an error). But anyway, let me know what you find; hopefully this is a different issue!

To clarify, I don't think this is an extension compatibility issue. ...this implies something in the db.xm...
    haven't checked... ugh hopefully not... that would be a headache for me :-P
    -----

so interesting results...

1) turned off all extensions and turned on only time manager -- no crash
    2) systematically turned on other extensions a few at a time with time manager on -- no crash
    3) turn malady tracker on with all desired extensions on (as #2 above) -- no crash

it seems from this test that perhaps disabling all extension will clear out whatever that was causing the crash.

now, i know the extension allows basic time handling and has great application potential for me,
    but here some questions about functionality (see image for reference):

- does adding a certain amount of days increase the amount of month(s)...
    i.e. adding 40 days would auto-adjust (say if a fixed number of days every month is 28) to display: 12 days, 1 month?
    from my test, it does not do that (see image: i added 1 month first to advance to 2; then added 40 days and day remains at 1). i think it should.

- can i set to 00:00 (24-hour) format, without the "am"/"pm" labels?

- why is the output "the date is , 1st, 4710"... it seems the day (date?) output is missing?

- wish list: round buttons at bottom for quick-advance by: week, month, year -- each by increment of 1

now onto observations / questions for malady tracker...

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----

- does adding a certain amount of days increase the amount of month(s)...
    - can i set to 00:00 (24-hour) format, without the "am"/"pm" labels?
    - why is the output "the date is , 1st, 4710"... it seems the day (date?) output is missing?
    Hooray! That's a great start
    Answers:
    1. It should, but I think your calendar is not configured yet. You should ensure the calendar module is loaded and that you have picked a calendar (such as Golarion calendar) and set a date as active. Based on your picture I can see that there is a year entered, but perhaps you picked/entered this manually?
    2. I plan to add this, as you are not the only one who has asked and I also use a 24hour clock.
    3. See #1.
    Last edited by bmos; January 4th, 2021 at 21:49.

...your calendar is not configured yet. You should ensure the calendar module is loaded...
    hm. good to know i have to set this up. have never used the calendar in fg before. cool. will keep experimenting.

thx!
    -----

hm. good to know i have to set this up. have never used the calendar in fg before. cool. will keep experimenting.

thx!
    I just posted a video for this extension
    Check page 1 or the README. I cover every feature in the extension in this video.

Hello bmos, first thank you for yet another amazing extension. Very useful!

I do have either a bug report or feature request depending on your answer... every 10 rounds the combat tracker resets to 0. Is that intended - I imagine so.

If not, we noticed it happening.

If it is intended, is there a way to turn that off without breaking the extension. We didn't realize how much we use the round count to get a feel for how long combat has been going. I often plan: "in 'X' rounds something will happen". I know we can look at the time and backward calculate how many rounds we've been fighting, but that has been awkward.

A second feature request/idea: enabling the message that tells you when an effect expires while using the time advance feature. A couple of players didn't realize their buffs wore off since they're used to seeing the message pop up in the chat window: "Effect ['Misc'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Xxxxxxx]"

Eitherway, thanks again for the great extension!

I second that expiring buff thing. It'd prolly be awesome if it could have a different font color

Thread Information