DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

PFRPG Time Manager

v1.9+ IS COMPATIBILE WITH THE FEB 16TH UPDATE.

This extension is no longer developed as the original author has resumed support of Clock Adjuster.
    Plans in the works for this should be submitted to the original extension which now includes (at least most of) the modifications I have made to it.

This extension is a fork of pr6i6e6st's excellent multi-ruleset Clock Adjuster extension. As a fan of Clock Adjuster, I had lots of ideas for changes and ways to use it in my other extensions; for this purpose I have obtained permission to create my own version for use with PFRPG and 3.5E. If you like this extension, please be sure to check out pr6i6e6st's other work (lots of good extensions there, mostly 5e as far as I can tell).

Extension Homepage and Readme
    Download
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports).

There has been a report that this also works fine with Pathfinder 2nd Edition as well, but it's not officially supported.

Last edited by bmos; March 3rd, 2021 at 18:07.

Compared to the original extension, I have added the following:
    • Decrement effect durations accordingly when advancing time via the Time Manager panel.
    • Increase minutes accordingly when advancing rounds in combat (1/every 10 rounds).
    • Fixed the distance-remaining calculation bug reported by Zygmunt Molotch
    • Added alternate database storage nodes that provide greater accuracy for FG Classic to allow it to function correctly/better in FG Classic.
    • Changed behavior of double-clicking "Add" so that months and years in this row will also advance time without being clicked on separately.
    • Assigned default values to every lua variable I could find to avoid nil errors that Zygmunt Molotch had been getting
    • Changed some less-common way of writing some DB.setValue commands to usual format to improve Unity support.
    • Added a chat message if the program can't get the current date. The message improves the new-campaign experience by suggesting that calendar might not be configured.
    • Some travel fields had "delaykeyupdate" which means that typing in a number of hours traveled and then clicking the travel button didn't use the entered number unless you clicked out of that field first. I left this on Traveled and Distance because otherwise you get 'incremental changes' to the Remaining number, but removed it from speed and number of hours.
    Last edited by bmos; November 12th, 2020 at 00:13.

Lol, the first thing I tried out when I got the Clock extension was 10 combat turns to see if the time changed. Nice work on adding that.

That is nice I am happy when I can run games again

Is this to be used in conjunction with Clock Adjuster or completely separate? I ask because I also have the Disease and 'Mental Issues' trackers that work with that extension.

My next plan for this is re-implementing some scripts as global scripts so that reminders and events trigger without having those windows open

Quote Originally Posted by orien45 View Post
    Lol, the first thing I tried out when I got the Clock extension was 10 combat turns to see if the time changed. Nice work on adding that.
    Thanks! The cooler part of that (for me at least) is how it makes big effect durations actually mean something. Before, when you created an effect that lasts for many minutes or hours, the duration field showed a large number that was of limited use (who is going to click next round 600 times??). Now, advancing the clock makes those numbers go down more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    That is nice I am happy when I can run games again
    Your extensions were such a help when I was learning FG (hard to imagine it without them!). I'm glad I have the privilege to return the favor
    Last edited by bmos; November 11th, 2020 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by orien45 View Post
    Is this to be used in conjunction with Clock Adjuster or completely separate? I ask because I also have the Disease and 'Mental Issues' trackers that work with that extension.
    It completely replaces Clock Adjuster (it is still very similar for now)
    I have just finished updating the README file of Disease Tracker so that it references and links to Time Manager instead to clarify this for new users.
    Last edited by bmos; November 11th, 2020 at 19:51.

Brilliant! ...I already have too many extensions, lol. Thanks again for this!

All your popup windows (travel manager, reminder manager) really need a way to dismiss them without doing anything i.e. a 'cancel' option.

EDIT: nevermind, right-click close, duh.
    Last edited by darrenan; November 11th, 2020 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    All your popup windows (travel manager, reminder manager) really need a way to dismiss them without doing anything i.e. a 'cancel' option.

EDIT: nevermind, right-click close, duh.
    No, you're right. That's all from the original extension.
    So far I have not touched the UI, but I agree there is plenty of room for optimization. The original author ran out of time for the project after ~3 months so it never got the polishing it so deserves.
    Thankfully, the functionality is all there already and pretty nicely put together (other than a number of scripts in xml files that should be global scripts).

An example of this is the reminders function that allows you to set a minutes/hours/days/etc timer (but that timer only goes off if you leave the list of timers open).
    I originally planned to just assist pr6i6e6st with cleaning it up, but they have not the time right now and so I just got permission to make a fork. Maybe if it's good enough they will just copy it back when time allows

Thread Information