FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Correct, the decision to use 0 was to enable the flat-footed automation.
    I assume the surprise round does take 6 seconds, but perhaps not?

Surprise rounds only allow for one standard action, so I guess it actually takes less than the routine 6 seconds (I'd say maybe a couple seconds, perhaps even less)

"combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a standard action during the surprise round. You can also take free actions during the surprise round"

curious how "swift actions" aren't even mentioned, which adds to the cause of "not having enough time to fully react". Anyways, in my campaigns I just consider the surprise round as being actually part of round 1

A couple of notes that I don't know if it is fixable. Some themes cover the initial window. I had to remove the themes from the campaign, move the window, then put the theme back in. When I move the window to where the theme images are, it goes under the image.
    I keep it at the bottom of the screen now, but if it can be fixed it will be an issue that won't affect others.

If you right-click the chat window you can just unlock its position and move it out of the way (or resize it).

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Surprise rounds only allow for one standard action, so I guess it actually takes less than the routine 6 seconds (I'd say maybe a couple seconds, perhaps even less)

"combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a standard action during the surprise round. You can also take free actions during the surprise round"

curious how "swift actions" aren't even mentioned, which adds to the cause of "not having enough time to fully react". Anyways, in my campaigns I just consider the surprise round as being actually part of round 1
    sorry to jump in

but....
    The Surprise Round: If some but not all of the combatants are aware of their opponents, a surprise round happens before regular rounds begin. In initiative order (highest to lowest), combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a standard or move action during the surprise round. You can also take free actions during the surprise round. If no one or everyone is surprised, no surprise round occurs.
    so, in a Surprise Round you can take Free Actions,

and

You can take a swift action anytime you would normally be allowed to take a free action.
    so you can

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Great research! That seems to be the answer.

I'm too used to 3.5 not allowing for that, that's why XD Sorry :P

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If you right-click the chat window you can just unlock its position and move it out of the way (or resize it).
    Except the theme images hide the window completely, so you can't just move the chat and find the window.

Quote Originally Posted by JazerNorth View Post
    Except the theme images hide the window completely, so you can't just move the chat and find the window.
    Oh weird! I think that's a complaint for the theme developer then.
    You could also try opening my ext and fiddling with the loadorder tag in extension.xml so that it loads later, but I'm not sure if that will do it.

v1.8 works with the new Feb 16th update.
    It adds messages when effects expire, to aid in keeping track of when you need to re-cast a spell.
    It also introduces a new option that performs full processing of every elapsed round (which can take a LONG time).
    On my desktop, advancing 8 hours in game took just under 2 minutes to process it all. For this test, I had a singe PC in the combat tracker with one effect.
    When I used it with my normal campaign, it took around 4 minutes to process 8 hours. This was with 11 in combat tracker and 2-8 effects per combatant.
    For this reason, "quick mode" is the default (which works like it did in 1.7), but "Full Process" is there for anyone who doesn't mind waiting. Thanks to the new FG update, you can pin the two options to your hotkey slots to switch between modes during play.
    Last edited by bmos; February 17th, 2021 at 18:23.

Thread Information