STAR TREK 2d20

Staggering Critical codeing

i would like to know how to add a conditional effect to a critical hit. Specifically, on a confirmed crit, Staggering Critical makes the opponent roll a FORT save or be staggered.

is there a way to add code for an automatic fort save to the damage roll? or maybe to the confirmation roll?

Thanks

There is no automatic application of follow-on actions, because there are so many reaction abilities, immunities, and other exceptions in most game systems. So, most actions are applied as needed usually.

For this case, I would have the user set up a new "spell class" for Feats and add a L0 spell called Staggering Critical, with a Fort save and two effects with different durations to apply depending on whether target made its save. (see attached image)

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, appreciate the quick response.

that was the rout I was planning... I was just hoping for the easier way.

Quote Originally Posted by glewistee View Post
    Thanks, appreciate the quick response.

that was the rout I was planning... I was just hoping for the easier way.
    If the player can do that for every trick (i.e. not an ability which has X uses per day), then I would also recommend using the KI-point spellclass That is like a spellpoint spellclass besides the wizard and spontaneous one; using that one you can code this ability as "0 point" ability (i.e. as ability which is always usable) I mention that because for the other spellclasses you need to prepare this ability and it may happen that the player then clicks on the preparation circle to "click it off" after using it, leading to that the ability is not shown anymore if in combat mode of the sheet

(so, not really needed to do it like that, but a little bit cleaner and less error-prone )

Thread Information