5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    You couldn't run it offline (with ultimate) under classic and I assume Unity is the same way. A license check used to occur when the campaign was launched...after that internet isn't required.

I understand why it's needed but there are still times where I wish it wasn't doing that check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What about v4.0.1?
    Works fine for me in 4.0.1.
    updated FGU, exited FGU, turned on Airplane mode (disable wifi), start FGU, Load campaign

I wonder if it has to do with the network adapter status for those that are trying by disconnecting their cable? How about tryin by disabling your adapter instead?

Network Log attached (Compile Logs did not work, separate issue)
    network.log
    EDIT: adding other logs
    console.log
    FGUpdaterEngine.log
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 11th, 2020 at 18:35.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Works fine for me in 4.0.1.
    updated FGU, exited FGU, turned on Airplane mode (disable wifi), start FGU, Load campaign

I wonder if it has to do with the network adapter status for those that are trying by disconnecting their cable? How about tryin by disabling your adapter instead?

Network Log attached (Compile Logs did not work, separate issue)
    network.log
    EDIT: adding other logs
    console.log
    FGUpdaterEngine.log
    I disabled my connection rather than unplug (which as far as a computer is concerned is the same thing. Same issue.

network.png

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    You couldn't run it offline (with ultimate) under classic and I assume Unity is the same way. A license check used to occur when the campaign was launched...after that internet isn't required.
    That's not strictly correct. The GM instance didn't check when the campaign was loaded, it was actually the player instance (if they had a free license) that needed an Internet connection to verify the GM's license key. So a GM could load their campaign successfully without an Internet connection.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am the gm for the campaign. It works fine online. Airplane mode it wont work at all. Updated 11/11. This is very disappointing. Makes me want to look at a refund. Offline is the only time I get to work on the campaign.
    Last edited by orcus00; November 12th, 2020 at 05:51.

Let's all just wait for an FG developer to comment on this please before going on about refunds and being disappointed, etc.. Nowhere has it been said by the devs that this is a conscious functionality change. This appears to be an unwanted by-product of a change in the recent update - the cause of this being an error raised when networking is disabled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Let's all just wait for an FG developer to comment on this please before going on about refunds and being disappointed, etc.. Nowhere has it been said by the devs that this is a conscious functionality change. This appears to be an unwanted by-product of a change in the recent update - the cause of this being an error raised when networking is disabled.
    Yeah it's just a bug.

That's not strictly correct. The GM instance didn't check when the campaign was loaded, it was actually the player instance (if they had a free license) that needed an Internet connection to verify the GM's license key. So a GM could load their campaign successfully without an Internet connection.
    It actually is correct. I know because I didn't use any player instances plus Doug told me that's the way it worked before I had a cabin trip without internet some years ago.
    (I had to buy an cellular AP just for this issue and then hike a laptop up out of a valley till I got cell service, launch FGC, load campaign, then hike back - 3 days in a row of that)

I had forum thread on this issue many years ago if you want to look it up.... at the time it was an unapologetic NO to changing the way it worked. I'd assume the policy hasn't changed but I'm not certain of it as I've not had this need again.

Just to be clear, FGU should run in LAN server mode without any connection to the Internet.

Currently, there is an issue in the networking library we use that is throwing an error when a connection is not available which blocks starting a campaign; but we plan to fix it to fail gracefully.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information