FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    +1 to still open campaigns even if offline. You can restrict that nobody is able to connect to the campaign if you are worried that people will go to LAN mode (even I would say this use case is rather uncommon)

Blog Entries
    I'm not seeing what you others are. I just put my laptop into Airplane mode and opened my FGU campaign with no problem.
    Win 10,
    5E
    Ultimate one-time

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wasn't this a core selling point of Fantasy Grounds? This is really disappointing that Internet is now required. If you google search "fantasy grounds play offline", there are tons of forum posts here and other websites where offline play is listed as a key feature. Before the pandemic, I used offline games a lot when travelling or vacationing. As recently as last week I was telling coworkers in the D&D club I run that it was one of the core differences that Roll20 can't do. And while I can't find a source to cite, I feel like I recall an earlier comment from devs that functionality of the FG Updater was designed the way it is in order to ensure offline play is supported.

I'm mad right now that I didn't notice this was not listed as a feature carried over from the FG Classic in the Kickstarter for Unity. I feel so cheated about it that I used the internet archive to see if an old version of the Kickstarter page might have listed it as a feature (no it does not. Only have myself to blame for not noticing sooner)

Please bring back offline play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlowestZombie View Post
    This is really disappointing that Internet is now required. .
    It's not. Or at least there is more going on here than the appears from the initial posts.

The post immediately above yours, by me, shows that you can use FGU offline. Please test your setup and see if it works for you.

There is obviously something going on, but not sure what that is yet.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As a workaround (until we know more), you can also simply erase the license key then in the settings, then the check might not happen? (as others said, demo users can save campaigns and also use their purchased stuff, so, everything is there and stays ) At least offline working shoule be possible then, hosting of course not possible

I decided to try a test of my own, fully expecting to be able to open up my campaign, but alas I cannot.

I manually unplugged my ethernet connection. When I tried to "Load campaign" to the cloud, I got some error about the lobby - expected.

Then I switched to LAN, and still had problems.

I cancelled it after it hung for a couple of minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I cannot load my campaign, too, I also got an error message about the start button; but erasing my license works, so, as demo user I was able to load my campaigns and to use all my purchased stuff while being offline

So, it is possible, just the license stops that then, that may be unintended and may be fixed soon (would be nice when I do not have to switch to demo all the time for that )

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not seeing what you others are. I just put my laptop into Airplane mode and opened my FGU campaign with no problem.
    Win 10,
    5E
    Ultimate one-time
    What about v4.0.1?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What about v4.0.1?
    I was trying not to update before my game tonight I will update and see.

Moon Wizard answered to a similar discussion in Discord:
    Yeah, it's not supposed to error; just happen in the background when connected.
    So, when I understand correctly, then the license check should be disabled in the offline mode, and thence this is currently a bug Erasing the license key is some workaround at the moment

Thread Information